Barracuda Appliance problems?

Nate7311

2[H]4U
Anyone "work on" (tweak) Barracuda stuff before? I snagged a Message Archiver 350 on Fleabay for dirt cheap with the intent to refurb it and donate to a local school district. Based on my research, it should have been as simple as a "full re-image" and then login. The problem is that the web GUI isn't available now. No response on port 8000. Any ideas? Since I'm assuming it doesn't have any support, I figured I'd ask the community before begging Barracuda support.

It's against barracudas TOS to support resold barracuda products.

You should be able to simply attach a keyboard, mouse, and monitor to the device and reimage it.

If you screwed up the image and the GUI is no longer available then you are out of luck.

After doing a full re-image through the console, did you log back into the console and assign it a IP? A re-image will bring it back to factory defaults including the default IP. Also, Barracuda won't offer support if the unit's EU subscription has expired and supposedly the unit doesn't work without a subscription either.

Yeah, I've reimaged a few times now, And tried connecting via default as well as reassigned addresses. No Dice. You think they don't operate w/o current support? Really? That's different than my research showed, but if that's the case WTF would anyone buy a Barracuda product? (Another reason why I'm not a Barracuda partner) And if I'm hosed, no big deal. I only have $50 and a couple of HDDs wrapped up in it.

The device will function without a Barracuda subscription.

However if you reimaged the device it should not require reactivation to function.

Paragraph 16 https://www.barracuda.com/legal/customer-purchase-terms

It's not legal to resell Barracuda Network products 3rd party to start with, and even as a reseller we cannot resell used Barracuda Network products. We can use them as they are but that's it.

They won't make money as a company supporting resold products. Just like I won't keep my doors open if my customers feel my time is free :D

Back