Barracuda 7200.9 160GB SATA II Hard Drive for $40 AR

More than a year ago, I got a 200GB SATA hdd from Staples for $40, no rebates.

-bZj

I got two of these drives already. First one from tigerdirect for $20 AR (yes, I received the rebate check). Probably will never see that deal again. Second one from buy.com with googlecheckout for $47.
$40+tax is pretty good for this drive.

now my question, is an 8mb cache that much slower than a 16? I mean reguardless of using ata300 speed.

i bought this from compusa about 2 months ago. the box advertised it as st3160812as, and the drives in the box were st3160811as with different p/n than the box. the datasheet says they're different - different power usage, different dimensions (the 811as are the thin type), and slightly different acoustics. I called seagate and they didnt know wtf was up. from what i can tell, the 811's are 7200.9 revision A's while the 812's are revision C's. I kept them anyway since the difference wasnt that great but just to warn you guys.

i bought this from compusa about 2 months ago. the box advertised it as st3160812as, and the drives in the box were st3160811as with different p/n than the box. the datasheet says they're different - different power usage, different dimensions (the 811as are the thin type), and slightly different acoustics. I called seagate and they didnt know wtf was up. from what i can tell, the 811's are 7200.9 revision A's while the 812's are revision C's. I kept them anyway since the difference wasnt that great but just to warn you guys.

Same here. Just picked one up today. Looked at all the drives they had in the store and they all said 812 but the one that came in the box I bought was a 811. Oh well. Still a good deal I guess.

Back