Barnes & Noble Cuts Prices on Nook Tablets

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The on-going battle for your hard earned bucks is heating up in the tablet market with Barnes and Noble cutting its pricing across the board to keep the Nook tablet competitive with Google’s Nexus 7. You just have to love brand competition. :cool:

While the move better positions Barnes & Noble's tablets to compete with Google's Nexus 7, the price cuts also come in the face of increased speculation that Amazon will soon release new Kindles.

They have their place. My wife uses and abuses her Nook Color as an email machine, video device and more.

im sorry but kindles, nooks and crannies are overrated

My rooted kindle begs to differ

My english muffins also beg to differ. :)

Really though, backlit color screens aren't as comfy for extended reading as something that uses e-ink and they're certainly not as battery-friendly either. I guess if you want a cheapo tablet toy that you're going to root, they're not bad, but I'd rather have something with a physical keyboard.

Hardware doesn't even come close to competing....BUT they have SD card slots (in an admittedly annoying location).

I've played around with maybe a dozen different builds on it, from many teams. They are nice but simply can't handle much more than the most basic games, internet and movies. And even at that, tends to be buggy.

That being said I've had mine for what...2.5 years now? I've gotten my money's worth. (Bought it on sale for $200)

Hardware doesn't even come close to competing....BUT they have SD card slots (in an admittedly annoying location).

That being said I've had mine for what...2.5 years now? I've gotten my money's worth. (Bought it on sale for $200)
You are referring to the older 'Nook Color'. The specs on the newer 'Nook Tablet' are competitive with the Kindle Fire.

call me when they are $99.

i don't like these shitty chinapads with bite sized memory and shit battery life.

Haha, the Nook tablet isn't even in the same category as the Nexus 7. The restrictions B&N impose on the device make it worthless with the stock UI. While the device is easy enough to root and install CM7/9, it's not very stable and lacks the hardware requirements for most modern day applications. I sold mine a few weeks ago after receiving my Nexus 7 from Google.

Android tablets, such as the Nexus and Samsung's lineup make (non-e-ink) ebook readers obsolete.

Expect the next Nook and Kindles to be more tablet-like.

Back