Barca in stock at the Egg.

Mmmm 7 day warranty and only $180 over announced pricing. Yeah, who's buying one? :p

(I'll accept any freebies)

IMAGE COMING SOON!!! How long does it take to snap a picture of the thing?:confused:

he ment supplmental SSE3 (instructions intel added to SSE3), which yes AMD did steal 2-3 instructions from it, and called it SSE4a.

Umm.
SIMD Instruction Support SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A

It says it supports SSE3 right there....

128-bit media instructions
Instructions that use the 128-bit XMM registers. These are a combination of the SSE, SSE2 and
SSE3 instruction sets.

I think hes thinking sse4 is sse3.....

Umm.
SIMD Instruction Support SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A

It says it supports SSE3 right there....
SSSE3 is not the same as SSE3. :p SSSE3 is 16 "s"upplemental instructions added to SSE3.

he ment supplmental SSE3 (instructions intel added to SSE3), which yes AMD did steal 2-3 instructions from it, and called it SSE4a.
No. The 4 SIMD instructions AMD added to Barcelona for "SSE4a" are not in any Intel SSE instruction sets.
--------

That point is pounded to death by now.

Seriously, who is going to buy the 2347 (with a big 7 day warranty) at $180 over announced pricing? C'mon, break out those credit cards.

SSSE3 is not the same as SSE3. :p SSSE3 is 16 "s"upplemental instructions added to SSE3.

No. The 4 SIMD instructions AMD added to Barcelona for "SSE4a" are not in any Intel SSE instruction sets.
--------

That point is pounded to death by now.

Seriously, who is going to buy the 2347 (with a big 7 day warranty) at $180 over announced pricing? C'mon, break out those credit cards.

Maybe someone who didn't get a courtesy chip(s) from AMD, but still wants to get a review out ASAP? :)

lol.. funny it was $495 when originally posted?? Now it's $790. Way to go newegg, you price gouging sobs.

Actually, you can expect this type of cpu pricing when AMD does die. Basic economics.
Go back to class and study price elasticity.

Some of the younger ones don't remember the time when Intel was the only real player in town. Intel's desktop chip prices were pretty steady (which meant falling due to inflation) until the Celeron came out. (The reach out of the desktop segment began with the PPro and later gave us the huge x86 server market starting with the Xeon.) Of course competition is good, but it won't be as disasterous as the chicken littles say if AMD were to go under. The market for $300 and higher desktop CPUs is tiny compared to the market for CPUs at or below what Intel and AMD get on current ASPs. To raise prices 3-4 times or more simply won't work. Basic economics. :p

Or perhaps you're just a contrarian. Especially if you're going to compare today's global market saturation with yesteryear's. Not even close. I don't even think the DOJ can save that dream.

Naw, I just have a habit of pointing out ludicrous comments, especially when the poster's judgement is clouded by emotional dispair. :)

I think that you're forgetting which party is actually arguing for higher prices. AMD's dubious claims are that lower prices from Intel are harming the consumer. Soviet Brussels may buy that, but the DOJ already dismissed the same AMD complaints years ago when it went whining last time.

i think newegg is personally trying to kill off AMD :p

Another name for duby to add to his list of Intel shills 'Newegg'. :D

Seriously though,in my eyes it only hurts Newegg. :eek: But yes I guess it doesnt do AMD any real good.You have to wonder when seeing prices spikes like that if its a mistake !??

AMD's dubious claims are that lower prices from Intel are harming the consumer. Soviet Brussels may buy that, but the DOJ already dismissed the same AMD complaints years ago when it went whining last time.

It seems you haven't ever read AMD's actual claims, and are basing your opinion on what some industry "journalists" have said. Why don't you take the time to actually read the real complaint before you pretend to know what you are talking about.

And yes, you need to read all of it. Skimming the first paragraph really doesn't cut it, and is what is causing people to make claims like the one you just did.

Another name for duby to add to his list of Intel shills 'Newegg'. :D

Seriously though,in my eyes it only hurts Newegg. :eek: But yes I guess it doesnt do AMD any real good.You have to wonder when seeing prices spikes like that if its a mistake !??

You clearly dont know your ass from supply and demand. You might want to do a little google search on terminology before you start spouting off about something you know nothing about.

lol.. funny it was $495 when originally posted?? Now it's $790. Way to go newegg, you price gouging sobs.
How about webmaster error? Or are those folks perfect? That item has been up since yesterday-and as of yesterday had two different prices. It's simply a new item error. When I looked again last night the comments had been reset and the price was fixed.

ive read they have some system that automatically ups the pricing on hot items. maybe when it came in stock, everyone who was waiting for barcelona started scooping them up and the system automatically went a little nuts on the pricing.

dumb system if you ask me, but this is just hearsay, i dont know if that's actually how it works

Whaddaya know, price dropped back down to 450.
Yay, now only $80 more expensive than a special order retail boxed one from ncix (but you do get a 7 day warranty from Newegg vs 3 years on the boxed processor). ;)

edit: I'm curious how much a retail place would charge for Barcelona. Fry's only carries Opteron up to S940/939 (no socket F models, and no Xeons at all). :-/

Back