Banned 360 commercial.

i thought the guy was talking lke 10 seconds before BAM! so iturned the volume up really loud and forgot to turn it down so it was really loud and i got scared.. haha

fromage said:
I guess its because it promotes violence, or something.

and...how's it different from showing an advertisment for an action movie with people shooting up things (but with more realistic effects, etc) and things blowing up...

o_O; I think that Socom 3 commercial is far more harsh than that. Not to mention many other ones.

That was the greatest commercial ever.

Stiler said:
and...how's it different from showing an advertisment for an action movie with people shooting up things (but with more realistic effects, etc) and things blowing up...

I don't know. I just heard it was banned. That's all.

Spyware alert:

Do you want to install and run "Website Access By Zango Search Tools"

they probably dont want kids running around making gun gestures at their friends and yelling bang all day at school. Plus the commercial is very playful, almost "look how much fun it is to pretend tp shoot your friends".

I think its an awesome commercial, might get shown in the UK or something, but I dont see it airing in the US, last thing they during this key period is negative controversey.

Naldo said:
they probably dont want kids running around making gun gestures at their friends and yelling bang all day at school. Plus the commercial is very playful, almost "look how much fun it is to pretend tp shoot your friends".

I think its an awesome commercial, might get shown in the UK or something, but I dont see it airing in the US, last thing they during this key period is negative controversey.

Isn't that like......what kids used to do when they didn't have videogames in the first place? run around play-shooting each other playing cops and robbers/cowboy's and indians, etc...

Tiny said:
I didn't get that. Was it a popup or something?
Check your browser security settings. I have IE set to prompt me for automatic installs. This is how a lot of spyware gets installed, because people have their settings to automatically allow it. I can live with the prompts that ask if I want to upgrade my version of Acrobat or Flash, but I refuse to allow any automatic installs.

This is scumware designed to hijack affiliate commissions and track your browsing habits accordingly in order to do so.

http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/180-affiliates/

n3wbpwn3r said:
thats weird lethal.. do you want me to email it to you?
No, thanks. I'll trust that you're not posting pr0n and will let Rich Tate click thru instead. :p

Stiler said:
Isn't that like......what kids used to do when they didn't have videogames in the first place? run around play-shooting each other playing cops and robbers/cowboy's and indians, etc...

Man, I did that even with video games...I guess I live in the modern equivalent of Mayberry :D

If you liked this you should check out a British show called Spaced. It is by the folks who brought us Shaun of the Dead. In the second series they have a few of these pretend shootouts, some of the best T.V. I have ever seen.

I LOVED spaced, just wish they'd do a new season :(.

The fake-shootout scene was hillarious. I still liked the Rave scene aswell :).

well shoot ...I thought that commercial was great

inspires the little kid in me
(take that however you want to)
:)

[H]

Lethal said:
Spyware alert:

I didn't get this at all. So I started thinking... it must be that you are using IE because I closed firefox and opened the page. I was then prompted to allow that install. So now we know who still uses IE :D

Lowbatt said:
I didn't get this at all. So I started thinking... it must be that you are using IE because I closed firefox and opened the page. I was then prompted to allow that install. So now we know who still uses IE :D

IE's fine if you lock it down some, just like any other browser. I use IE too, but with stricter security settings... I'm also careful what sites I visit due to the fact that even with Firefox they can sneak installs in if you're not careful, same with IE.

Lethal said:
Spyware alert:

firefox FTW!

great commercial....

cept..when we did that as kids(
redface.gif
)...when you shot someone they scream "HAH YOU MISSED!!!!!!!!"....no matter what...

4b5eN+EE said:
cept..when we did that as kids(
redface.gif
)...when you shot someone they scream "HAH YOU MISSED!!!!!!!!"....no matter what...

..that is why you always carry at least 3 rocks in your pocket at all times

[H]

Stiler said:

That was what un-lazy kids did rather than sitting in front of the t.v. all day playing nintendo. My friends and I did it all the time, called it 'playing ARMY'. Great fun, more satisfying than video games, cause if someone or 'something' was accused of cheating, it was blood, sweat and tears that resolved it, not swearing at the television.

Just messing with you man, but that's what we did before FPS's were prevelant on consoles. Only a short couple of years after Wolf 3d and 2-3 years pre-DOOM. Ahhh, the hot, summer nights yelling "Bam Bam!", "Boom Boom" or "Da da da da da da dat, your DEAD!!!" good times...

4b5eN+EE said:

LOL! My best friends little brother was the worst about that. I'd watch him poke is dumbass head out behind a bush and I'd 'yell' my gunshots, and he'd say "NO WAY MAN, I DUCKED!!"

LOL that owned.
I love how the lady throws a frag around the corner "woooosshhh", priceless. :D

Too bad it is banned
But that is typical of American Society these days I'm affraid, no one knows how to laugh at anything anymore. :confused:

lawl, that made me want an xbox 360 for 30 seconds, just becuase that was funny as hell. To bad it got bad for no real reason. It isn't that bad seriously other then maybe the fact the guy walked up to the other making that action.

Ya I saw this in another forum. One of my favorite commericials of all time now.

And yes the grenade part is awsome.

Laughed so hard when I first saw this and the dozen times after.

No reason for it to be banned though. I have seen much more violent commercials.

Back