Banjo is back!

eh.... I dont know if I trust Rare to make good games anymore :I

xerus` said:
eh.... I dont know if I trust Rare to make good games anymore :I

Thats why Nintendo gave them the boot, and now M$ is the drving force behind them. The team that made GE / PD are in the history books.

dclam said:
Kameo? Viva Pinata?

Personaly I couldn't get into Kameo. Some people seemed to really like it. Haven't played PDZ but I'm not into FPS on consoles. Figure the new Banjo game should be pretty good though.

I never played the previous Banjo-Kazooie games, but hopefully it turns out to be a great game. Rare hasn't exactly wowed us, or at least me, on the Xbox 360 yet, but hopefully they can bring back some of that old magic. Viva Pinata actually looks pretty interesting, and the Xbox could use a game like Banjo-Kazooie.

Kameo is my favorite 360 game to date. Nothing comes close IMO.

People who loved Banjo are excited. I've noticed a bunch of folks (internet wide) who are too quick to critisize Rare, likely they are Sony fans or butthurt Nintendo fans.

Fact is, if this was annonced for the Wii, people would be dancing in the street. People need to lighten up.

perfect dark from the n64 is the best shooter avaible on any console

i thank rare for that... and for the donkey kong country games :)

Banjo-Kazooie is one of my all time favorite games. This might be enough to get me to buy an XBox 360.

PKFGimpy said:
Banjo-Kazooie is one of my all time favorite games. This might be enough to get me to buy an XBox 360.

I'd have to same the same. :D still would be hard to justify a $500 console for that one game though.

Silmatharien said:
I'd have to same the same. :D still would be hard to justify a $500 console for that one game though.

I thought they were about $350 over there now for the premium?

I have never played any of the Banjo games, but since I have been mostly playing PC games the last 5 years I really miss the action/platformer games. Kameo was great IMO.

I loved the original Banjo Kazooie but I never got the sequel. I remember getting so hyped about the N64 DD allowing you to access that one secret spot in the first one. Too bad that never happened...

Maybe if Rare puts the 2nd game up on XBLA/Wii virtual console I'll try it.

ehhh I loved banjo 1 but #2 was just... meh. I'l keep my eye on this one though.

Bop said:
I loved the original Banjo Kazooie but I never got the sequel. I remember getting so hyped about the N64 DD allowing you to access that one secret spot in the first one. Too bad that never happened...

Maybe if Rare puts the 2nd game up on XBLA/Wii virtual console I'll try it.
there are always versions of the game you might obtain that might allow you a bit lower level access to the content of the game

Isaacav2 said:
Thats why Nintendo gave them the boot, and now M$ is the drving force behind them. The team that made GE / PD are in the history books.
............ :rolleyes: nintendo never had anything to do with rare, all rare did was publish some games on a N64, nintendo never booted them, microsoft bought them.

I own both banjos and I loved how they had interesting puzzles. Honestly most sequels of good games as long as its the same company do well, heres a few, zelda, metalgear, gran theft auto. I remember banjo was an A list game, so I don't think they'll mess it up.

MrBojangels said:
............ :rolleyes: nintendo never had anything to do with rare, all rare did was publish some games on a N64, nintendo never booted them, microsoft bought them.

Nintendo had 49% ownership of Rare.

Personally, I can't wait. This on the 360 + the Wii's Virtual Console = Rare gaming fun.

Silmatharien said:
in Canada the premium is $499 + tax.

Walmart canada will have them for the next week for $447.00 for the premium unit with PGR3 and NHL2k7 included . ;)

please, please, rare, please don't let it turn out like perfect dark zero did. that was bad enough, but if you have to ruin one of the best platformer franchises of my childhood, well, that would make me a very sad panda :(

MrBojangels said:

Nintendo owned 49% of Rare and pretty much co-worked on games, then they decided to sell their share to Microsoft who then purchased the other 51%(I think).

Anyway, I'm currently playing through Banjo Tooie, just as good as the first imo. However they changed the structure slightly and I'm not really sure why. If the reviews for the 360 version are good then it might push me to get one.

What are you guys looking foward to having in the new banjo kazooie in new options?

ellover009 said:
What are you guys looking foward to having in the new banjo kazooie in new options?
downloadable hats. i would pay up to 4 dollars for different hats.

KiUNT said:
Walmart canada will have them for the next week for $447.00 for the premium unit with PGR3 and NHL2k7 included . ;)

well I just looked on the Future Shop website and that's what it said. I don't keep up with bundles or anything.

Klintor said:
Personally, I can't wait. This on the 360 + the Wii's Virtual Console = Rare gaming fun.

Actually no Rare games will be on the VC for licensing reasons. If they show up anywhere, likely it will be XBLA.

JohnleMVP said:
I actually liked PDZ.... *hides behind computer*

I enjoyed PDZ, but its wasnt great. I ended up buying it for $20 used later on.

I hope the new Banjo is good. Sonic demo is a tad disappointing, but I am still going to rent it.

i paid full price for PDZ, played about 4 missions and traded it in to get a real game for cheaper. PDZ puts shame to the name Perfect Dark, Kameo was ok, but had nothing on the former magic of RARE games.

Hyperblau said:
i paid full price for PDZ, played about 4 missions and traded it in to get a real game for cheaper. PDZ puts shame to the name Perfect Dark, Kameo was ok, but had nothing on the former magic of RARE games.

The gameplay was alright but the controls were horrible

i wouldnt say the gameplay was alright, heck, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64 had better AI than PDZ, not to mention the whole thing just seemed like it was phoning it in.

My girlfriend loves Banjo, it is the only game i've ever seen her get into a trance like state while she plays. But if its on a 360, its going to be a while for her. I'm not buying that thing. yet.

Sadly as much as I love Banjo.. I still will never purchase an Xbox 360 just for this.

theNoid said:
Kameo is my favorite 360 game to date. Nothing comes close IMO.

People who loved Banjo are excited. I've noticed a bunch of folks (internet wide) who are too quick to critisize Rare, likely they are Sony fans or butthurt Nintendo fans.

Fact is, if this was annonced for the Wii, people would be dancing in the street. People need to lighten up.

If Rare does anywhere near as good of a job as they did with Kameo, i'll be very happy with this game. IMHO, there just arn't many platformers out there anymore, and I really miss that. It's such a good time to be a X360 gamer right now. We've been playing games in high def goodness for a year, and the best of the games is right around the corner!

I hope they keep the "voice acting" from the first two games intact. Even though it was probably a result of cartridge limitations, it really added charm to the games.

Back