Bandwidth monitoring

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't know how to search for this.

I don't have a very good internet connection and every little bit counts when I want to stream a show.

How can I monitor what device is using bandwidth in real time and over 24 hours?

Currently I have 2 DSL lines connected to a PepLink load balancing router, Ubiquiti access points, and I only have Apple devices.

I am not worried about someone tapping into my internet, there isn't anyone around me for over 500 yards in any direction.

Given my gear, how would you go about finding out what is hogging bandwidth? In the past it was my Direct TV satellite receiver, and I took it off the network.

I don't mind if its pay software, or another device to monitor use. However, I am not buying another computer.

Edit. Everything that we have is "normal," but I don't know what its doing all the time.

I put this in the Apple sub, just because that is all I have. As opposed to networking, but y'all tell me.

To accurately measure your total bandwidth used it would need to be captured at the interface. Your Peplink router should support QoS. Have you already configured QoS for your network?

Unifi APs can show bandwidth on wireless clients via the software monitor.

Reactions: Liver
like this
Pep link now has an app. I can pop that and see what’s going on, by client. Doesn’t break it down per client over 24 hours though.

Back