Bandwidth Monitoring Tool

KillerButler

Limp Gawd
I know this has been asked to death, but I need this program. What I am looking for, is to monitor my CSS server I have and need to know exactly how much bandwidth is being used. I have read all the "This is how much it takes" on all the CSS websites but I want to see first hand on a 12 man server. Plus I need to see how much bandwidth my brother is using with his Torrent usage.

I am not Linux savey, so its out of the question. But if it the best way to go, I guess I will have to learn.

LAN bandwidth or outside cable/whatever connection?

for LAN you would need a switch that can do SNMP , then I would recommend PRTG grapher (30 day trial is available), I know people will call me a n00b and claim MRTG has been doing it for 5000 years but whatever.. it's not as nice. Another option would be cacti, but good luck setting it up...

for your outside WAN link you would need a router that has SNMP and you can use the same software I mentioned above.

that's the "easiest" way IMHO.

Thanks for the replies fellas. But seems to much effort for a home based LAN. I will just take the word of all the CS source websites out there.

Back