Bandwidth Monitoring on a domain

crazynick

Weaksauce
I'm looking for an Internet bandwidth monitor that could generate reports for each user on our domain to see how much bandwidth is being utilized. I'm trying to locate the Internet abusers. I tried dozens of software, but all of them were only able to log each website visited. Any insight would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks!

I would be interested in this as well. My desire isn't for professional use, I just want to be able to figure out which one of my roommates is ruining my games when I play Team Fortress. pings jumping from 45 to 800 = the suck! Bad room mates bad!

Would be better to ask this in the Networking Forum. Give that section a search, there's already a lot of suggestions/topics on this subject.

If you can implement ISA, I know there's an add-on program that lets you break down access by individual users as it integrates with AD. Can't remember the name of the add-on though, although the last time I used it it was free.

I'm pretty sure you can also get programs to install on each individual computer to track internet usage (and any other information you could possibly think to gather from a computer). I don't know how your network is set-up, and whether multiple users access a single computer, but it's a thought.

Back