Bandai Namco Announces a Dragon Ball RPG

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Following up on the commercially and critically successful Dragon Ball FighterZ, Bandai Namco just announced a Dragon Ball themed RPG. Any hint of a release date more specific than "2019" isn't given, but the trailer does mention that it's being developed on Unreal Engine, and that its coming to the PS4, the Xbox One, and Steam.

Check out the Project Z announcement trailer here.

Determination, Despair, and Hope -- Discover the story of the mysterious Dragon Balls in the all-new DRAGON BALL GAME - PROJECT Z! Join Goku and fellow warriors in the neverending search for the ultimate fight -- COMING 2019!

Nice! I love the Dragon Ball universe but was never a fighting game aficionado. The series seems perfect for an RPG, but we haven't seen many attempts to make one. I played the RPG games for the SNES with English patches and absolutely loved them.

I never played the newer games. My favorite DBZ "game" was Bid For Power, the quake mod. Granted it was just a free for all battle arena, but it filled a need I had 10+ years ago :)

Man, seeing those scenes recreated in 3D was awesome.

Looking forward to this as I had some fun with FighterZ.

dragon ball + dragon quest cross over... would make perfect sense, same artist/creator

Looks like Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot revealed at E3 is the Project Z ARPG that was being teased. Release is "Early 2020."

Project Z looks to have similar fighting mechanics to Zone of the Enders, which makes it appealing to me, even if I grew out of Dragon Ball around age 14 :p

Nice! I love the Dragon Ball universe but was never a fighting game aficionado. The series seems perfect for an RPG, but we haven't seen many attempts to make one. I played the RPG games for the SNES with English patches and absolutely loved them.

While I'm interested to see how this develops, I would suggest Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for an "RPGish, cinematic action" take on it as opposed to FighterZ's "serious" fighting game. Its caught in my backlog so I've only played a bit, but what I did was quite enjoyable as they manage to tell all the stories of the canon DB universe, but adds its own unique story too having to do with time / parallel dimension allowing for unusual or hypothetical mixups. THere's player character creation from various races (human, sayan, namekian, majin etc..) , payable canon/series characters, progression systems, the ability to play online with others co-op or competitively etc.. it was surprisingly in depth. This reminds me to give it another look.

Got a few good dragon ball rpgs, but most never came to America

This one looks the best (NDS), but I haven't tried it:

55-EvilAssault.gif

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Attack-Saiyans-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002DY9KKM

I did play this ones years ago, pretty fun but nothing special:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back