Band of Brothers Bluray Edition - $55 before tax and free shipping. Tonite only.

synergyo1

2[H]4U
NOTE: This is a preorder. The product has a release date of November 11, 2008.

I love this series. Love it enough that I bought the DVD set (and my second DVD purchase ever). The only other HD set of this series is a Japanese HD-DVD set, which still sells for around $150. The HDDVD version got very good reviews over at AVSForums. I don't see how the Bluray version would be any different.

Ripped from SD
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=289897&t=906010

MSRP $99.99 / Amazon $69.95 (Save about $10 by going the Borders.com route; Save even more if you have to pay tax on Amazon.)

Link to product deal in question
http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=883929023936

Must use coupon code: SLX5069 - expires 9/1/08

Just ordered it. ORDER TOTAL $59.16. I found another coupon code that was listed at SD that worked perfectly.

SLX5069 - 30% off, expires 9/1/08

Just ordered it. ORDER TOTAL $59.16. I found another coupon code that was listed at SD that worked perfectly.

SLX5069 - 30% off, expires 9/1/08

Does indeed work, in for one as I've been wanting to pick up the series forever now. Thanks! :)

I'd save your money and go for the DVD, I don't think it warrants a BD release. The special effects and CG (when they used it) isn't nearly high-fidelity enough to be realistic, and actually looked pretty fake in SD. I don't want to see all the CG's flaws, thanks. I do appreciate the great sound work though.

I'd save your money and go for the DVD, I don't think it warrants a BD release. The special effects and CG (when they used it) isn't nearly high-fidelity enough to be realistic, and actually looked pretty fake in SD. I don't want to see all the CG's flaws, thanks. I do appreciate the great sound work though.

Detail i night and day better dvd vs hddvd.

See, thats the thing, I never actually owned the series and I just got a PS3 recently so I have all the more reason to buy it. Especially with this price tag. Although, I have seen it in SD, I've been contemplating actually buying the series for awhile.

there is a huge diff between sd and hd for this series. stop posting nonsense.

Absolute nonsense. This is AMAZING in HD. Granted, the HD DVD version was not spectacular compared to some other HD releases, so I'm curious to see how the Blu-ray version stacks up, or if it's just a straight copy of the HD DVD version.

there is a huge diff between sd and hd for this series. stop posting nonsense.

That would make SENSE only if they transferred it great. Some companies do a shit ass job of transferring it to a new media, not improving upon it. Stop pretending to know things.

My Oppo 1080p dvd player makes movies look great and give me no reason to buy new set of movies. I'm not buying 500 blu-ray discs to blow away my DVD collection.

That would make SENSE only if they transferred it great. Some companies do a shit ass job of transferring it to a new media, not improving upon it. Stop pretending to know things.

My Oppo 1080p dvd player makes movies look great and give me no reason to buy new set of movies. I'm not buying 500 blu-ray discs to blow away my DVD collection.

just because i did not mention quality of transfer does NOT mean I was not aware of it. stop pretending to be smarter than me...

The sound on the DVDs is imo lacking, hopefully the DTS master HD will add some more gutty bass to the explosions, as is its pretty weak...

Both my HD DVD player and BluRay player dominate over my Oppo. Not just in picture, but in sound. Upconverted SD-DVD can not hold a candle to native HD formats, let alone DTS-MA on films like Master and Commander that makes a little drop of pre-cum leak out. Using 'it could be a bad transfer' is bullshit, bad transfers for SD-DVD happen, too.

Also, it is called Netflix. They do cool things like mail you the hidef discs. This way you do not have to spend the money on 500 bluray discs.

OP - Might want to put a note that this is for preorder and won't be out until Nov 11th

You do know that no matter how great your dvd player is, dvd is still SD. Upscale is great, but still cannot beat HD. But if you are happy with DVD's quality, stick with it and save some money in the process.

Thanks for posting this. Band of Brothers is amazing, and I've never even seen it on DVD. I watched them on HBO and then later on the History Channel.

You guys are complete idiots, I never did say SD was better than hi-def. Keep your assumptions to yourself and stop making things up.

If you knew a damn thing about home theater stuff, you would know instead of regurgitating crap you think you know from someone else.

Back on topic, it's a good deal to anyone who hasn't seen it or have it in their collection.

Back