Ballmer Receives Lower Bonus Than Last Year

HardOCP News

[H] News
Steve Ballmer is getting a lower bonus this year compared to previous years. There is no telling how Microsoft's CEO will get through this devastating financial crisis (bread lines? soup kitchens?), but we wish him all the best.

In the company's filing, Microsoft's compensation committee said it took into account a 3 percent decline in Windows sales over the year, as well as "the Windows division failure to provide a browser choice screen on certain Windows PCs in Europe as required by its 2009 commitment with the European Commission."

Ogre angry! Ogre smash

steve-ballmer.jpg
!

Oh woe is him... a $620k bonus...

I would be happy getting a $1,000 bonus at the places I've worked.

I'd be happy with 6 figure income, as long as there is at least a 1 in front of all the 0's.

Maybe this wouldn't have happened if he would have performed his Chant of Developers.

AAAWWWWWWWWW

So instead of.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...he only gets....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:(

Ah, what fresh and insightful comments.

Anyway, at least he is being docked for not doing as well, there are plenty of corps that will give the CEO a raise regardless, I suppose those are better CEOs BladeVenom? Still in charge of mega-money maker, so can't be that bad of a CEO.

Oh woe is him... a $620k bonus...

I would be happy getting a $1,000 bonus at the places I've worked.

I'd be happy, if I could get a mortgage on a cardboard box, and was allowed to sniff your $1,000 bonus at least once a week.:(

Why is this news? It's not common knowledge a CEO's bonus is based off the success of the company in the fiscal year?

I really wish Gates would take the reins again. With some of their decisions over the past 5-6 years, I have no faith at all in Ballmer.

Why is this news? It's not common knowledge a CEO's bonus is based off the success of the company in the fiscal year?

Oddly enough, that is news. Or if the bonus isn't high enough, just give him more millions in salary (Microsoft must have figured it paid Ballmer enough pre-1999).

Last quarter Microsoft lost money. Looks like this quarter isn't much better. Expect the "desktop is dead*" crowd to be deafening until they get it turned around.

*posted from a "deader than a doornail" desktop linux system. "Death" in desktop terms is highly exaggerated.

Ballmer is a twat. He is like Ruiz to AMD or Motorolla. He is going to destroy the company.

Back