Ballistix VS Dominator

Who the hell knows. They both use the same(Or similar) micron d9gmh or d9gkx chips so..... Both should reach similar speeds.

I'm a Crucial fan... and would say go with the Ballistix. Nothing wrong with the Dominator - other than I think it costs a little more. Gee, THAT was helpful...
Okay, Go with the Ballistix

Why would you buy that anyways :p Waste $25 and then have 3 additional loud 40mm fans in your case. I wouldnt worry about temps unless you really planning on putting them to the limits. Even then, that is what a lifetime warranty is for. :p

Why would you buy that anyways :p Waste $25 and then have 3 additional loud 40mm fans in your case. I wouldnt worry about temps unless you really planning on putting them to the limits. Even then, that is what a lifetime warranty is for. :p

It's a real hassle to rma. Although the corsair cooler is much quieter than the ocz and more effective too, as well as sturdier.

I've had some really sweet sticks blow up with 2.2v. After that, it was lesson learned and I always active cool now, even if it's just resting a 120mm over the ram on the bench

I used to love Crucial but had a terrible incident with them. Two of my 6 Crucial sticks were bad, and I got an RMA authorization. When I got them back, instead of getting Ballistix Tracers like sent in, I got one Tracer and one vanilla Ballistix. When I called in, I asked what happened, and the tech support guy said that Tracers were being phased out and I got the last one. This was ddr1, and they were out of stock at the time, but lo and behold they remain in their inventory. So Crucial lost a customer forever. However, I am indirect customer as Crucial is Micron, and I dog Micron chips.

At any rate, I use Corsair, Muskin, G.Skill, Team Group, or OCZ now. At any rate, I would go with the Dominators since they have a much better track record. I could still recommend Crucial sticks, but no the company or track record.

Back