Bad Trade: beheo2019 with RTX 2080TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buyer from cali seems to be the scammer imo. But first buyer shouldve opened to verify. Sucks all around OP. Thats why I hate ebay and PP so much.

Buyer from cali seems to be the scammer imo. But first buyer shouldve opened to verify. Sucks all around OP. Thats why I hate ebay and PP so much.
I dont think many of us here actually believe he resold the item without bothering to inspect the card. The card was sold thru the forums here anyways and then later resold on ebay. I have sold a few items here very quickly using paypall and never have any issues yet. (but i only deal with people with 10+ year [H] accounts)

That unboxing video is a joke. I have made an "unboxing" video on a returned ebay item but I was onto the scam prior to the video. That one provided for the 2080TI was weird. But I did appreciate the re-exam of the HDD to re-verify that they were not, in fact, a video card.

looks like the first buyer got burned by the 2nd buyer. just rotating the box,i think,would have let me know that something was wrong. it would have felt/sounded that something was broken or more that 1 item was in the box.wouild not have wasted 2 seconds in opening the box before reselling.

The post over @ TPU was closed- mods said nothing that they can really do as it happend outside of the TPU Forums.
I think most of the people that chimed in also agree that the TPU member and buyer of this card got scammed on eBay.....

Looks like eBay has ruled in favor of the scammer on eBay- he is sending the box with the hard drives back and then the buyer has to refund within 5 business days.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/6d351eb4-c21d-4cff-bc05-9f0ca28514ba-png.151601/

The post over @ TPU was closed- mods said nothing that they can really do as it happend outside of the TPU Forums.
I think most of the people that chimed in also agree that the TPU member and buyer of this card got scammed on eBay.....

Looks like eBay has ruled in favor of the scammer on eBay- he is sending the box with the hard drives back and then the buyer has to refund within 5 business days.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/6d351eb4-c21d-4cff-bc05-9f0ca28514ba-png.151601/

Yup. Remember folks, on ebay, the buyer is always right, even if he's a scamming pos.

Yup. Remember folks, on ebay, the buyer is always right, even if he's a scamming pos.

I won a case recently as a seller. Had to fight hard but in the end, they removed the serial number from the unit so I had no way of telling if it was mine or not when I go the broken card back.

I won a case recently as a seller. Had to fight hard but in the end, they removed the serial number from the unit so I had no way of telling if it was mine or not when I go the broken card back.
at least you got the product back. I fear the buyer is getting two hard drives back

Banned. Marked bad trader.

Been here 6 months, less than 100 posts.

Maybe we should make FSFT 500 posts +?

Please do! If an account is under 1 year and noobie type status, I move on just to avoid the stupid. Further, if selling to inexperienced traders, I will always record pics/video/SN of the items. Twice I have been burned by bad buyers on this forum(Only forum I really do FS/T on). It would also be nice to limit a thread's age. Some of these threads are years old, you sold the orig item, make a new thread for the new item and close old thread. If someone lives in the FS/T forum like this then argue they should perhaps leverage a market place vs. a forum post to sling their never ending stuff.

How about we mandate at least 1 year being active? FS/T is a privileged all day long and to me should be earned. 1000 meaningful posts and at least 1 year in. Make the [H] FS/T unobtanium and hard to get like a good private tracker invite to ensure those who are participating are in it for reals.

imo it's the ebay buyer that's the scammer

NEVER PAID!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCAMMER LOSER!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!Seller: honda11racing (1743)More than a year ago

BEWARE! NON PAYING BUYER!
Seller: amadis84 (2911)More than a year ago

Refuse to pay and made excuses. Did not respond to messages. Sellers, beware!!!
Seller: jpsarri (154)More than a year ago
Follow-up by jpsarri. Left more than a year ago.
I was unable to leave negative feedback. Don't bother with this buyer 👎

Willing to bet the original buyer lied because he felt like a piece of shit for buying it so cheap and reselling it on eBay for profit, also sounds like he doesn't really speak English too well.

Really who knows. Hope you get your money back op.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got a broken one back in place of the working one he stole from me ;)

In colorado, there are many mine shafts capped natually and by man. The ones capped by men should be easy to open with a bolt cutter or a cordless grinder w/ cutoff wheel.

The idea here is we huck trolls down a hole and move one ;) I can also dig a hole at 3am and have both a nice shovel, and a pair of good ole shoving gloves ;)

How about we mandate at least 1 year being active? FS/T is a privileged all day long and to me should be earned. 1000 meaningful posts and at least 1 year in. Make the [H] FS/T unobtanium and hard to get like a good private tracker invite to ensure those who are participating are in it for reals.

I differ on this, but I'm waiting to see the thread about this to discuss it more fully.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
A weasel going through all this work to make a few hundred bucks and then getting ebay scammed is so perfect. Didn't even open your box, lol.

People suck, sorry you had to go through this OP.

A weasel going through all this work to make a few hundred bucks and then getting ebay scammed is so perfect. Didn't even open your box, lol.

People suck, sorry you had to go through this OP.
that and the fact the weasel was claiming the op was paid but then disputed? (Not sure how it would show a negative balance otherwise) How the guy (who claims to be an adult) thought it was legit to drag the OP thru a separate ebay transaction is beyond me, but your right a good bit of people suck.

Just to update, Paypal removed the hold on my account. Beheo tried to fix Heatware rating but can not remove.

Glad to hear that- so sounds like he realized whats going on and the comments on both forums which are pointing that he got scammed on eBay and dropped the paypal case he opened against you? If that is the case Kudos to him!

probably require 2FA enabled to be able to post is FS/FT is a good idea
^^ This. I have my account 2FA protected. I think when dealing with selling things it's a good idea.
On that note, I too, have been gone a while since I lost my interest in staying cutting edge. It was too expensive and didn't have the willpower necessary to keep buying and keeping a budget. Doesn't mean I'm a scammer, but looking to build a new rig soon, so getting back into the saddle here.

OP That sucks man. That's got to be the worst feeling in the world, having an $800 deal go sideways. I feel for you bro.. sincerely.

Just to update, Paypal removed the hold on my account. Beheo tried to fix Heatware rating but can not remove.
Well, that's good news. I guess he realized what actually happened and is finally taking responsibility? Sucks you had to go through, but he could have done nothing and left you with the negative balance.

Just a follow up question really...I have sold a few item here very quickly in the past and usually once i see the person has paid me the agreed paypall amount i go ahead and ship that day. My question is do these people have the option of disputing the money already paid to us sellers here? How was the OP's money disputed to begin with? I dont sell a lot and was just wondering.

Just a follow up question really...I have sold a few item here very quickly in the past and usually once i see the person has paid me the agreed paypall amount i go ahead and ship that day. My question is do these people have the option of disputing the money already paid to us sellers here? How was the OP's money disputed to begin with? I dont sell a lot and was just wondering.

If they use the good and services option, yes. They can dispute it.
If they use the friends and family gift option, then they can't dispute it through Paypal. However, if they used funded the transaction with a credit card, then they can do a chargeback. Paypal will remove the charged back funds from to your account.

In either case, if you already removed the funds, your account will go negative.

If they use the good and services option, yes. They can dispute it.
If they use the friends and family gift option, then they can't dispute it through Paypal. However, if they used funded the transaction with a credit card, then they can do a chargeback. Paypal will remove the charged back funds from to your account.

In either case, if you already removed the funds, your account will go negative.
gotcha...so you guys who do this often transfer to your bank account ASAP? In case of stuff like this thread is about

I usually sell person to person so any disputes is worked out on the spot. The last thing I want is a long draw out, too many people decision process, something like that I would rather just throw the $500+ device in the garbage or give it away. Anyways we have a UPS/FedEx etc. packing place which I can actually video tape the item/serial number/ packing/ label/weight etc. before it goes on it's merry way. Would love to send some scammers to jail/prison or at least get them fined a huge chuck.

Ask him to contact Heatware to remove the negative feedback, or contact Heatware yourself and link this thread as proof. Good luck!

Heat23 (owner/operator of Heatware used to be a member here, IIRC. But it looks like that account doesn't exist anymore. I was part of the testing of the site redesign and can say that he was pretty responsive, at least at that time.

Really glad this all worked out for you, OP. That guy in Cali can eat a dick. Sucks that beheo tried to involve you with his reselling problem, but glad he came around in the end.

This is why I just won't deal with anyone with such low Heatware - either buying, trading, or selling. It may slow my sale but in general:

1. At least 50 positive Heat with no negative or neutral. Even one negative makes me very cautious and the positive requirement go WAY up.
2. A good portion of #1 coming from [H].

The ONLY way those requirements are relaxed is if you're a well-known in the [H] community.

You have to be this cautious if not moreso because PayPal will ALWAYS side with the buyer. Every time.

Lately I've been posting videos of my items in addition to pictures (especially if it's something like a used GPU wherein I'll show stress tests, etc) and I heavily document packing and send the buyer pictures of that as well. It's a lot more effort but I figure it can't hurt and it's reassuring to the buyer. Doesn't mean much in this case since he/she is apparently a major scam artist.

Karma is one hell of a bitch and I'd love to see when it finally hits this dude. You just know he's done it to other people.... :(

Heat23 (owner/operator of Heatware used to be a member here, IIRC. But it looks like that account doesn't exist anymore. I was part of the testing of the site redesign and can say that he was pretty responsive, at least at that time.

Really glad this all worked out for you, OP. That guy in Cali can eat a dick. Sucks that beheo tried to involve you with his reselling problem, but glad he came around in the end.
He still has an account here. IIRC, he got a bit pissed at me when I would not integrate Heatware API on our site for them to use. Has not logged on for a couple years.

Attachments

• dumb.PNG
    dumb.PNG
    171.5 KB · Views: 0
He still has an account here. IIRC, he got a bit pissed at me when I would not integrate Heatware API on our site for them to use. Has not logged on for a couple years.
He has a group that can review and fix feedback I believe.

WOW, just, WOW. Sorry the OP had to go through this but happy it worked out. I have sold a lot of stuff since 2006 some from here and other sites and have never had any problems. I have stuff to sell but don't think it is worth the hassle.. SAD!

Just for reference guys, I bought 2 of the OP's 1070's from him and they came fine. The boxes were glued together which I thought was odd, but the cards themselves were there and fine. This was all from that original FSFT post he made. Sucks OP if someone is trying to scam you on that.

In an age where most every website is ate up with dozens of analytics sites and every social media widget known to man, it's good that [H] is still mostly cancer free.

Damn I wish I would have seen this.
I had done a copper IHS delid for him a few months back and it went fine. earlier this week I got an email from him asking if I can do it again for another processor, he sent me $60 as a f&f payment and I ordered the IHS and bought the supplies. I don't check my email everyday, and went to tell him that the ihs shipped and noticed he had said "if you can't do it could you refund it".
I replied telling him that it had shipped already. I thought all was good and he was going to ship the processor like he said. Today I have an email from him saying he's just going to do it himself and go direct dye and filed with PayPal to say that the account holder did not authorize that charge.

With covid-19 PayPal has no number you can call for support right now, and chat support says it will be hours before an agent speaks to me. They put a hold on the money and my account is negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back