Bad packing (Newegg), will this SSD be ok?

Azzkiker

Limp Gawd
Got my new fans and SSD in the mail today...

That is exactly how it was shipped. WTF!!

Should I send this back, or is the SSD going to be fine?

I'm not worried about the fans... should I be?

I've gotten them like that from amazon, newegger, and sellers on forums -- so far 0 issues.

There are no moving parts with SSDs. So unless there is a large dent on the box itself you have nothing to worry about.

I'm surprised they at least didn't use an air bubble insert.

If the shipping box isn't crushed then I wouldn't worry at all about anything inside. The retail boxes inside look fine from what little I can see. I wouldn't worry one bit. Having said that, I just received a hard drive from Newegg that was mishandled or dropped before it was packaged in their plastic clamshell they just started using. Puncture marks in several spots of the anti static bag from where the screws and components on it's bottom cut through the bag. I rejected and RMA'd the order and also emailed Hitachi with pictures and serial number so they can keep track of these types of complaints about Newegg.

If the shipping box isn't crushed then I wouldn't worry at all about anything inside. The retail boxes inside look fine from what little I can see. I wouldn't worry one bit. Having said that, I just received a hard drive from Newegg that was mishandled or dropped before it was packaged in their plastic clamshell they just started using. Puncture marks in several spots of the anti static bag from where the screws and components on it's bottom cut through the bag. I rejected and RMA'd the order and also emailed Hitachi with pictures and serial number so they can keep track of these types of complaints about Newegg.

yeah...

spindrive is a whole 'nother matter

I been shipped things that were packaged a lot worse than that. Not a thing wrong with any of them

The amount of force necessary to damage an SSD while in transit would have disentigrated that box. We're talking delivered to you by dropping out of the Fedex plane kind of force.

That was hyperbole, but you get the point.

I have had SSDs shipped in a padded envelope. I would say this is better than that..

lol I think your SSD suffered more thrashing during manufacturing than that box did in transit.

Hug your UPS/Fedex/USPS delivery person because I don't think I've ever received a box in that good of condition from any of my carriers! Every box we get looks like it has been used as a hockey puck in the warehouse or hung from the inside of the truck like a pendulum to swing back and forth and bang against the walls so the driver knows he took a corner too sharp....

Hug your UPS/Fedex/USPS delivery person because I don't think I've ever received a box in that good of condition from any of my carriers! Every box we get looks like it has been used as a hockey puck in the warehouse or hung from the inside of the truck like a pendulum to swing back and forth and bang against the walls so the driver knows he took a corner too sharp....

Ace Ventura delivery

Back