Bad luck with 2001FP 2nd monitor!

FragMagnet

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally posted by Klas
Update:

Well received my 3rd 2001 today and I was so happy to find out that it doesn't have any problems with it so far. Upon quick check up when the computer was booting I noticed 0 dead pixels (will do complete test later) and it doesn't make any "cracking noises". Also I noticed that the panel made in November (previous 2 were both October models)

That's a good sign..... for me, I hope :rolleyes:

Allright, my complaints about 2001FP are over. I am happy with my November model, it does have 1 dead pixels, but that's ok. 20 inch LCD for that $$ is gonna last me for a long time...

thats good to hear. Im waiting on my 3rd. First was an Oct, and the second was sept. Hopeing for a Nov. I didnt get any credit but ill try my best to get one if this LCD is a POS like the last 2...

yup, my third one is also on its way.

if this one turns out to be defective as well, looks like I'll be asking Dell for some compensation as well. :D

Originally posted by Klas
Allright, my complaints about 2001FP are over. I am happy with my November model, it does have 1 dead pixels, but that's ok. 20 inch LCD for that $$ is gonna last me for a long time...

do you have backlight leakage?

I didn't really pay attention to topics about back light leakage so not sure how bad it should be, but when I was doing the test from monitorsdirect.com it all looked black to me

Klas, real glad you got a keeper, I would gladly go through the hassle to get the 2001 for the price you did?

Way to go!

Back