Bad Fps in Counter Strike

Crokiller187

Limp Gawd
Well im using a radeon 9800 pro and i get bad frame rates in half life they start out at 100 but quickly drop to below 50 i mean WTF.

Originally posted by Crokiller187
Well im using a radeon 9800 pro and i get bad frame rates in half life they start out at 100 but quickly drop to below 50 i mean WTF.

thats um thar best eeenglsish that i have etesth hurdz

you ain't gonna get anyone where with saying your fps drops from 100 to 50 in cs, then go I MEAN WTF?

Originally posted by sdk
thats um thar best eeenglsish that i have etesth hurdz

you ain't gonna get anyone where with saying your fps drops from 100 to 50 in cs, then go I MEAN WTF?

no need to be a dick hes basicly asking why his frames go from 100 to 50.
first few questions to help out would be
what res
what IQ settings
useing OpenGL
useing D3d
also does it stay at 100 when yoru not moving or looking at the "floor" and drop when in a heavy fire fight or what

Hi.
I have the same problem with my sapphire radeon 9800pro. I had GF ti4400 and there was stable 100fps.
But now with radeon directX9 games, everything is OK, but CS and 3dmark2001(had problems) has this problem at the moment. When i got my card, i had 13k 3dmarks in 2001, but WIN xp sp1 saved that and now i have 16k. But in new games like far cry or BF: vietnam....everything is ok. But CS has big lags. I havent solved that problem so i could need help too.

turn off vsync
change color quality to 16 bit
change windows color quality 16 bit

It won't really change anything if you change it to 16 bit I never noticed any changes.. You'll get a big FPS increase and turn fps_max 100.

You guys are all morons.

Try the following:

Turn off VSync, check your quality settings in OpenGL in the ATI CPanel. Make sure your res is 1024/768 and you have CS set to OpenGL. You can keep 32bit color on, that should be completely fine unless your trying to play on a 486. Oh, and make sure your drivers are up to date.

Neither 3dmark 01 or Counter-Strike should give you guys any problems. It is simply user error/ignorance.

its a known ati problem, they have a thread over at www.steampowered.com about it.

i was just playiung inferno and it would drop from 100 to 65 ish

not very fun when that happens

Vsync set to "Always off" in ATI control panel.

In Console:

ati_subdiv 0
ati_npatch 0
fps_max 100
cl_rate 9999
cl_cmdrate 30
cl_updaterate 20

Try those settings. I use them on the first system below and get 100fps constant with my OpenGL settings in the control panel set to 6X AA and 16X AF at 800x600x32. Not to mention with those rate settings my ping is killer low and my choke is like non-exsistant.

Omega 4.4's.

Originally posted by Dojo | Warlord

In Console:

ati_subdiv 0
ati_npatch 0
fps_max 100
cl_rate 9999
cl_cmdrate 30
cl_updaterate 20

Try those settings. I use them on the first system below and get 100fps constant with my OpenGL settings in the control panel set to 6X AA and 16X AF at 800x600x32. Not to mention with those rate settings my ping is killer low and my choke is like non-exsistant.

Omega 4.4's.

Heeh , good to see I'm not the only one using 800x600 with 6aa and 16af. Though Farcry is a different story :D

32bit/16bit makes absolutley no difference I swear! I Can't see it anyhow, well you want to set sub_div to 2 and also your 16bit, open gl, vsync off, play with your smoke settings, my Vcard never drops below 100 except for a few cases of wide open spaces with 3-4 smoke gernades.

wow so you are just gonna quit cs like that? oh well, u must of not been good at it, hf with fc and ut2k4

Originally posted by Digital Viper-X-
32bit/16bit makes absolutley no difference I swear! I Can't see it anyhow, well you want to set sub_div to 2 and also your 16bit, open gl, vsync off, play with your smoke settings, my Vcard never drops below 100 except for a few cases of wide open spaces with 3-4 smoke gernades.

You can't use AA/AF in 16bit mode , that's the difference. I dunno about you , but I can see a difference between 16bit and 32bit.

man u guys are complaning on fps drops that are impossible for the human eye to even tell the difference between....

who cares if its 65 or 100.. either way its still perfect motion video.

you can clearly tell when you go from 100 to 65 fps, especially when its an important part of the match

Originally posted by Master
man u guys are complaning on fps drops that are impossible for the human eye to even tell the difference between....

who cares if its 65 or 100.. either way its still perfect motion video.

how can you not tell? shure it looks the same, but hell it feels so damn sluggish, you can clearly notice it

heh
u do know that like 90% of pub servers have a MAX updaterate of 30-35 right? so even ur 100 on all its gonna do is get u choke unless its a good server.

U can tell the diff with FPS games because when u swing over 180deg ur not getting a full 60fps, it dips and not only that but not every frame is being displayed unless you have vsync on :p

since you uninstalled and quit, can i have your CD key? mine got banned for winamp controls, yeah vac detected it as a hack... so i emailed them, no response.

Originally posted by Master
the human eye cannot differentiate between anything above 30fps.

Play CS in matches , and you will notice the difference.

if vsync was on he wouldn't be getting 100fps in the first place. and you CAN tell the diff between 100fps and 60fps. BIG difference. turning your cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate to the max will raise your ms and give you choke and possibly loss. those settings are used for LAN games.

having too high of ms sux too, even if your shots registers better. i'd go with something in the middle, something like cl_updaterate 40-50 and cl_cmdrate 60-80. but thas jus my opinion.

he shouldn't have to play on 800x640 to get 100fps. i don't know a damn thing about ati cards, but you could check your multiplayer decal limit, and your max smoke puffs. lowering it will make a diff. but that's if you care, considering you already uninstalled cs. good luck with your other games.

Originally posted by Mag Master
have fun with half of your shots registering...

cmdrate 101
updaterate 101

lol. No thanks.

Tried those supposedly "optimal settings" and they suck. For me anyway. That's when "half of my shots register" 20/30 works fantastic for me. Those are also the default rate settings btw.

My ping is in the 30's and 40's on most pubs and in the 20's on my clans priv. My ms and choke are in single digits, choke at 0 most of the time with the ms at under 5.

I know its been along time since this post was made but thats okay. Just to solve anyones problems of cs 1.6, you can completely wipe out the Ati drivers and install the cat 3.6's. Works like a charm and the best thing is I can now run 1280x1024 and no frame drops. The answer to my problem actually lied in Ati's site. Thanx for all the help from the guys who actually tried to help solve my problem. Also, thanx but no thanx for the stupid remarks.

Dojo | Warlord said:

In Console:

ati_subdiv 0
ati_npatch 0
fps_max 100
cl_rate 9999
cl_cmdrate 30
cl_updaterate 20

Omega 4.4's.

same sttings
960x720
2xaa 16 af

all settings turned on high in control panel, aa/af disabled in cp
100 fps constant, dips sometimes in to the 60's but deal with it

for real dude, this aint no 1993 ol school cs
9800 pro at 415/365

Since were on the subject of CS, Could someone tell me how or where to place which files in teh cs folder so that when i open Cs1.6 it uses a differnet driver tahn what i have currently installed in windows? such as im running 4.12 official but would like to run say 4.7 driver when palying CS.??? thx

blizzah said:
since you uninstalled and quit, can i have your CD key? mine got banned for winamp controls, yeah vac detected it as a hack... so i emailed them, no response.

Your full of it pal.

Everyone that was banned for that was reinstated. If you were ever banned you were in violation of the EULA. Sorry but you were cheating/hacking/etc.

Don't try to bs people.

Adam.

Master said:
the human eye cannot differentiate between anything above 30fps.
There is an ENORMOUS difference between 100fps and 50fps in CS. 50fps is not playable under any circumstances. All weapons hit wherever they feel like. I don't see how anyone can not notice the difference between 30fps and 100fps unless you've got refresh rate fixed at 60Hz.

Back