Bad deal with zmhaha refunding payment and asking for paypal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you something.
Is it OK if one lists the price like $100 for Amazon, $103 for Paypal? Please answer this.

No its not OK, as you're still charging fees for PayPal that way.

I could just add the fees into the price. And in the end, the buyer probably would just ask for a lower price anyway. So I say I can, for a 3%, and with a feeless payment form.

we cant stop you from negotiating that in a PM,but if that's the way you are going to do it, make sure your buyer understands the terms BEFORE they send any payments.

This whole problem as I see it is the buyer did not understand your verbiage , which quite honestly, is rather vague ..say what you mean and this wont happen again.

For fucks sake, lock this thread already!

Why has this thread dragged on for this long over what essentially is $2.33?
zmhaha what is your PayPal address, I will send you $2.33 right now, this is win/win for you because you already processed the refund for scqt1, I WILL EVEN PAY THE FEES!

For fucks sake, lock this thread already!

Why has this thread dragged on for this long over what essentially is $2.33?
zmhaha what is your PayPal address, I will send you $2.33 right now, this is win/win for you because you already processed the refund for scqt1, I WILL EVEN PAY THE FEES!

Please don't close this thread.
This is awesome with my morning coffee. :D

How does that so vague???
Right after I said "Please make sure $70 is what I receive", the buyer throw the rule at me.
So he did understand it pretty quick. Not to mention, that line was in my thread all along.

dude I have read thousands and thousands of FOR SALE threads on many different types of forums.

I have NEVER seen someone say "make sure I receive $63.64 exactly". I don't blame anyone for sending you the amount you say you want exactly. If you want the Paypal fees covered open your mouth about it. Why try to be so sneaky? If you think it could be against the rules why try and break them?

If you don't realize why you're in the wrong you deserve all this crap thrown in your face. You're being completely weird.

I'll try to help Crosshairs out here (even though I'll probably get yelled at because it's not my job) so zmhaha and everybody understands the rules as their spelled out for the FS/FT forum and have been since pretty much forever:

#1 - As written: You can't charge a "fee" for accepting Paypal. You can't request payment via "gift" Paypal. (Also known now as Personal payment)
#2 - Implied: Price your shit the same regardless of what payment method you use and threads like this won't happen. This is what the buyer will send, but it may not be what the seller will receive. It's called the cost of doing business.
#3 - Addendum: If you want to make special arrangements with the buyer/seller, do it via PM and make sure it's CLEARLY understood and fully agreed to by both parties what is expected before anything is sent.

#1 is the golden rule. If you don't follow it literally, you'll probably just get banned when shit hits the fan and the mods had enough. #2 is just common sense, it takes all the guesswork out of trying to keep things in order. #3 is where someone might want to go the extra mile, but extra care has to be taken otherwise you still might end up having this thread posted because someone can't wrap their head around what's going on.

Just stick with #1 & #2, flush, rinse and repeat. Make your life easier.

Last edited:
I agree with zmhaha on this one, if it was discussed through PM then so be it, I honestly wouldnt waste my time selling anything to this person someone else will just buy it. I honestly think we sell items here on hardforum very cheap compared to other places and when you include shipping and fee's its almost not worth selling

the worst thing about this thread is the attempt at English. asking someone else to pay the fees or send as a gift is not only buyer beware but also against PayPal TOS and the [H] FS/FT TOS. seller should stop doing business here. it's irrelevant that he put it in his thread. you want your money? it needs to include the fees? then calculate that shit yourself and make that your list price. here, I'll help.

$70.00 X 1.03 = $72.10

that's what you should be selling it for.

Last edited:
I read throuigh this whole mess.

I can see both sides of the issue. And quite frankly, money was returned. Nobody is out anything besides their time.

This just isnt worth it.

i have no idea why any of you guys would not calm down about that 2 dollars...with all those excuses, i mean come on, it IS about that 2 dollar.

i have no idea why any of you guys would not calm down about that 2 dollars...with all those excuses, i mean come on, it IS about that 2 dollar.

Well it is not about the dollars, it is about him threatening and manipulating me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back