bad corsair ram stick?

tunatime

Well...OK
ok so i built a new rig last week whit a 3930k and asrock extreme 4 every thing was working good for a few days, then one day i couldn't get my pc to post it keptd getign stick on dr debug code 69 so i reset coms, pulled all cards and hdds and still had the same thing. so i pulled ram out 1 at a time till it posted well it post fine whit 3 of the sticks 100% of the time and no mater what slot on my mb i put that 4th stick in i run in to issues, some times it works and when it posts i can run prime bland all night whit using 14gb, and the stick runs fine in my other pc. when i first go them i just used the xmp settings and they where rock solid so that's telling me its the ram stick but then how come it runs fine on another pc and?

the short v

ram used to work then stooped working on 1 pc but works on others no mater what timings and v i send them or the cpu

i have never ran in to something like this before

well the other 3 sticks run at 1866 cas 10-10--10 so i would say its save to say bad ram?

You need some spelling lessons.:eek:

This needs to be done systematically.

Take each stick of RAM to your other MB and run each through memtest.
If each stick passes then it could be one of two things:

1....cpu memory controller.....doubtful but check the voltage to the memory controller.
2......bad motherboard memory slot\slots

In describing your troubleshooting, you make it sound like its an intermittant problem, and the memory works on another board......

so that points to the motherboard, not the memory stick.

make sure your VDimm is correct and manually set the Ram at 1600 and try to run it there.

which memory are you using?

Back