Bad company 2

SHIBALSL1CKZ

Weaksauce
Anyone else have a pretty decent gaming rig and get some lag on this game?

I just bought a ATI 1G 5850 HD, got 4 rigs of high-end ram, 540Watts, dual core CPU, i don't know what seems to be bogging it down..

Its not to the point where its lagging crazy, but it does have some fps lag. I am running windows 7, however I set the game to DirectX9, running on high settings...

Would it be cause of my moniter? 24" widescreen?

The game taxes the CPU heavily. This game shines with a Quad Core CPU regardless of video card.

Most likely its your CPU. It's the only bottleneck I see. I Play a lot of BfBC2 and frequent their forums a lot. For stable FPS, you'd want to have at least a quadcore. The game is not really optimised for dualcore CPU's.

it would help if you were less vague about your cpu because "dual core CPU" doesn't say much.

Most likely its your CPU. It's the only bottleneck I see. I Play a lot of BfBC2 and frequent their forums a lot. For stable FPS, you'd want to have at least a quadcore. The game is not really optimised for dualcore CPU's.
the game runs fine on faster dual core cpus especially while using DX10 or DX9. I average around 50fps at 1920x1080 on DX10 high settings, HBAO off and 2x AA with my [email protected] and GTX260.

I have been running the game on a C2D e6550 @ 2.33ghz with 2gb of RAM and an 8800GTS since it came out. Except for one night where I was getting insane graphics lag, the game has been as smooth as can be on medium settings for me. Are you sure your power supply is adequate?

I am cpu limited with my q6600 (3.4Ghz Quad Core). I drop down to below 30fps when lots of buildings are exploding around me in multiplayer regardless of what resolution or graphic settings I am using. The singleplayer game runs great, but the multiplayer has always been laggy for me.

I have a I7 920 6gig main memory and a 5850 XFX, HP 25" monitor. Everything Maxed out. DX11 . Bloom turned off, I do get a little banding every once in a while, but i think its the game. Has not bothered me enough to turn down any settings. This game really wants to tax out the cpu, so I would think you should start there.

the game runs fine on faster dual core cpus especially while using DX10 or DX9. I average around 50fps at 1920x1080 on DX10 high settings, HBAO off and 2x AA with my [email protected] and GTX260.

Your definition on 'fine' differs from mine. For BFBC2 to play 'fine' for me I'd need a quadcore. There is a huge performance difference from dx9 to dx10 (I think dx9 is locked to 1x AA) Once you go i7, there is no looking back.

Your definition on 'fine' differs from mine. For BFBC2 to play 'fine' for me I'd need a quadcore. There is a huge performance difference from dx9 to dx10 (I think dx9 is locked to 1x AA) Once you go i7, there is no looking back.
I just ran some benchmarks during HEAVY action and the average was always over over 40fps. I looked at the individual fps numbers and the times below 35 were very rare and 90% of the framerate was above 35fps. in fact there was only ONE single dip below 30 in the nearly 10 minutes of benching. here are the overall average results of all the benchmarks I ran.

1920x1080 on DX10 high settings, HBAO off and 2x AA

Avg Min 33 fps
Avg Max 80 fps
Overall Avg 43 fps

to be clear I averaged each of the min, max and avg framerates for the 5 benchmarks I ran. and again that was during lots of action and fighting so yes that is fine like I said. if I was to average in all the less demanding parts of the game it would be well over 50 fps for a total average. all that being said if I ran a very high end card then yeah I would certainly get an i5/i7 quad.

Last edited:
ya from what i have read if your in dx10 or dx9 and have a fast dual-core (3.6+) the game performs ok, it does for me in dx10 with similar specs as cannondalel and i play at 1900x1200

your dual core is at 3.8Ghz i hope it runs it fine

i had a Q8200 with 4G of ram and a 5770 - bad performance
went to a Q9400 @ 3Ghz and problems went away, smoooth ar 1920 x 1080

my friend on an E8400 3Ghz and an 8800GT lags like mad and both his cores are pegged %100 while playing, me i can hit around %80 total

There is also lag from PB, server overload(especially in 32 mans or if a box is running a couple of games at the same time), and when people cheat.

But yeah, get a Q9400+ and it will run much better. This is the first game I have played that really likes quad.

Dual core cpu is the reason. Doesn't matter how fast it is, that's what's causing your lag.

Go into device manager and disbale your sounds card then try playing BC2 again. Did the lag seem to disappear? It does for me when I do that.

Forget what the becnhmarks say, the game is very laggy and hard to play on a dual.

I've had less than what I consider adequate performance on all the dual core machines I've tried to run the game on. As such, I only run it on my quad.

Back