Bad Company 2

This. I am one of those Rambo medics that always has a negative KDR but end up high on the list on the team. The irony is I do better when I am on the losing team. Lots of health to dispense and fresh bodies to rez :D

lol i always end up having the highest KDR if i'm a medic :p same when i'm engie with my trusty AT-4 and explosive MKII perk :D

your problem. This isnt CoD. You dont need to have a positive KDR to win a match or end up in first place.

Stay in cover, dont run out in the open, dont get anxious, play with friends, memorize the maps, PLAY AS IF YOU'RE ON A TEAM, use your class's abilities and you will succeed at this game.

dont... and you will suck.

+ a million to this.. you don't need an insane KDR.. i'll take some one on my team thats 0-28 as long as they are a team player.. if they are a medic he better be throwing out health, if they are assault they better be throwing out ammo and if they are an engie they better be repairing vehicles around them. if they suck at shooting so be it, at least they are trying to help the team win.

for example heres a buddy of mine that i play with stats.. absolutely garbage KDR but he is by far the best team player you will ever find in this game.. you ask him to do something he doesn't argue with any one, he will go out and do it even if its a suicide mission(hence his gamer tag, lol).

Last edited:
I think this game really has the scoring down right. I ended up in 1st place last night on a map where I barely could kill anyone; but I downed half a dozen choppers and half a dozen APCs. :) It feels good to actually be rewarded when you're helping the team in other ways than just killing folks. No matter how much people might deny they care about the stats, at some level I think everyone really does.

Shotgun with the slugs add-on is so OP.

Yeah but hard to aim and slow to load so....

Game is pretty balanced. I usually am the top player in kdr and team points. Just comes from playing the game since the 1942 demo. I don't have to think much anymore. I just react. I will use anything around me to help the team. Pick up an engy kit to down a chopper, a medic kit to revive teamates, run out of ammo and I pick up an enemy gun and hope it is loaded lol. etc

Yeah but hard to aim and slow to load so....

Game is pretty balanced. I usually am the top player in kdr and team points. Just comes from playing the game since the 1942 demo. I don't have to think much anymore. I just react. I will use anything around me to help the team. Pick up an engy kit to down a chopper, a medic kit to revive teamates, run out of ammo and I pick up an enemy gun and hope it is loaded lol. etc

Aiming can be tricky depending on how close the target is and stuff. But I've been on a roll a few times and just take groups of people down. I use the uh 870MCS or whatever it's called.

One of the things that helps the most with KDR is getting the "pace" of the game/map.

Most people not familiar with the BF series will just try to run up to the objectives. BF is a lot more about sneaking around, taking your time, hiding for a bit at a spot, etc.

Aiming can be tricky depending on how close the target is and stuff. But I've been on a roll a few times and just take groups of people down. I use the uh 870MCS or whatever it's called.

870 is where its at. Its slightly less powerful than the other shotguns, but its so marginal. It takes up far less of the screen. I feel like I cant see a thing when I use the spas.

Jelly a few posts back gave me an an idea to drop the slugs on maps that are a little more close quarters and try another perk. More c4, larger mag, faster movement.

Any of the 12 guages with standard buckshot is pretty much an off switch for the other guy unless he is too far out.
Very rarely do I lose with this combo on the classic turn the corner "Oh shit-bad guy!" scenarios.

Nick

Shotguns were still never fixed. This one server had the longest headshot kill and longest kill. I had both, 600+ meters with the shotgun. So stupid.

Shotguns were still never fixed. This one server had the longest headshot kill and longest kill. I had both, 600+ meters with the shotgun. So stupid.

I've gotten countless kills shooting at random red trianges across the map through trees.

yes they were.. who ever got killed was dumb enough to stand out in the open without moving and the guys teammate spotted him.. its easy as hell doing long range slug shots with the shotgun as long as the person you are shooting at is a noob and doesn't move.

They never needed "fixing" in that regard. People just get hung up over this issue due to the fact that the weapon has "shotgun" as it's name. the Slug mod essentially makes it a scopeless sniper rifle. If you get over this fact, you'll stop thinking "its so stupid that I got killed from across the map by a shotgun". Just mentally replace 'shotgun' with 'sniper rifle' and maybe you'll stop raging.

The only thing that is actually broken with the shotguns iirc is that the "killed by" display that shows the name and perks of the player that killed you stopped showing the slugs perk after one of the earlier patches, even when they had it on. That and the 870's crosshair is kinda fucked up in that it collapses on itself... but that can be a bonus or a negative depending on your preference.

They never needed "fixing" in that regard. People just get hung up over this issue due to the fact that the weapon has "shotgun" as it's name. the Slug mod essentially makes it a scopeless sniper rifle. If you get over this fact, you'll stop thinking "its so stupid that I got killed from across the map by a shotgun". Just mentally replace 'shotgun' with 'sniper rifle' and maybe you'll stop raging.

The only thing that is actually broken with the shotguns iirc is that the "killed by" display that shows the name and perks of the player that killed you stopped showing the slugs perk after one of the earlier patches, even when they had it on. That and the 870's crosshair is kinda fucked up in that it collapses on itself... but that can be a bonus or a negative depending on your preference.

Well, it sort of does need fixing considering that a shotgun slug cannot possibly reach some of the ranges it does in BC2.

I'm not looking for 100% realism, but I'm also not looking for completely ludicrous gun accuracy, either. I should never be shot out of a helicopter cockpit at 500+ meters with a damn shotgun slug. Period.

If it's going to be a scopeless sniper rifle, give it drop instead of being a frikkin lazer.
Now all we need is sharks running around the maps.
IIRL, slugs are 2-3" at best at 100 yards and start exhibiting mortar like ballistics after that.
I understand it's a game, but most of the other weapons do not exhibit characteristics near as far from reality as the shotgun/slug combo (except for the 25 yard knife stab-lol).

Nick

If it's going to be a scopeless sniper rifle, give it drop instead of being a frikkin lazer.
IIRL, slugs are 2-3" at best at 100 yards and start exhibiting mortar like ballistics after that.
I understand it's a game, but most of the other weapons do not exhibit characteristics near as far from reality as the shotgun/slug combo (except for the 25 yard knife stab-lol).

Nick

Nick

No weapon has near the amount of travel delay and drop as the sniper rifles. It makes no sense to me. I can pick people off across the map with any assault rifle without doing virtually anything to adjust for distance and their movement.

(except for the 25 yard knife stab-lol).

Nick

The knife has got to be the worst. I've knifed people through walls. Add the super lunges and its worse.

Then you get the time at the complete opposite extreme where it just doesnt work at all.

The knife has got to be the worst. I've knifed people through walls. Add the super lunges and its worse.

Then you get the time at the complete opposite extreme where it just doesnt work at all.

I can say I've never had the knife lunge, only the rubber knife when I'm literally right on the person, stab 'em in the back or face and they turn around and unload a full clip on me.

This game has gone to shit. I've tried 9 servers tonight and EVERY single one has been horribly team-stacked. Every single game is completely one sided, it's fucking ridiculous, and it's like this every night. What is it about this game that promotes that?

This game has gone to shit. I've tried 9 servers tonight and EVERY single one has been horribly team-stacked. Every single game is completely one sided, it's fucking ridiculous, and it's like this every night. What is it about this game that promotes that?

Either bad admins or no admins. Also if you communicate/spot/mark flags or mcoms, your teams chances of winning increase. I'm not a pro player, but I've managed to take a pretty shitty team and win some rounds by throwing down some orders.

Either bad admins or no admins. Also if you communicate/spot/mark flags or mcoms, your teams chances of winning increase. I'm not a pro player, but I've managed to take a pretty shitty team and win some rounds by throwing down some orders.

Trust me, it's not because of me. I'm rank 49 with a KDR of 2.7 and I get the ace pin almost every game. I often destroy multiple mcoms or capture points alone.

But about the admin thing... Most BC2 servers don't have an active admin, and even when they do, what's he supposed to do about the team imbalances? It's not a numbers imbalance, it's a skill imbalance. It would be very difficult for someone to try to judge who the good players are on one team and who the bad players are on the other, and then swap them.

Trust me, it's not because of me. I'm rank 49 with a KDR of 2.7 and I get the ace pin almost every game. I often destroy multiple mcoms or capture points alone.

But about the admin thing... Most BC2 servers don't have an active admin, and even when they do, what's he supposed to do about the team imbalances? It's not a numbers imbalance, it's a skill imbalance. It would be very difficult for someone to try to judge who the good players are on one team and who the bad players are on the other, and then swap them.

Score and KDR help to determine that. Of course if some sniper is 20/0 and just picking people off, he's not a real asset to any team.

Also, whats with the 4 round mag in the 870? The picture clearly shows a mag extension either a +2 or +3...

you sound like a cool lad, wanna be mates?

typically a good admin just waits til the next round and shuffles the teams if the server doesn't have an auto shuffle.

Good thing it's a video game and not real life.

The old "it's a game" fallback. That can only go so far. Shotgun slugs from an unrifled barrel with a good shooter can be accurate to ~230 yards,, which is fair. But the slugs in the game can go from one end of heavy metal to the other, which is about as easy to swallow as the idea that you can kill someone by throwing your pistol at them from that far away.

Yes Slugs can travel over 3/5th of a kilometer. Yes that sounds very realistic. Get me a video and show me a shotgun shooting that far and hitting a head that is very small and is taking cover behind a big rock.(It was on Oasis I think and it was a sniper hiding behind one of the rocks in the first bomb sight, on that hill). Oh and hitting people that are moving, that isn't hard. If you think its hard I think you need to get a little bit better at this game.

My other favorite is the VSS with red dot...Sniper rifle accuracy, damage but Assault rifle firepower. Its not as bad as the shotguns though.

Random question here:

When you join servers they usually have custom logos like "XXX Gaming community" on the loading screen, where exactly are those saved to cache wise. I know L4D2 has a folder for things like these, but I am curious about this.

Get me a video and show me a shotgun shooting that far and hitting a head ...

Here is one video of many on Youtube. They have 200yard+ shot videos as well. I understand that the game might not be 100% realistic, but I don't think that is what most people are looking for when they bought the game .... Not to mention, the hit boxes in the game are generally not the best either (probably due to latency, etc.). It's certainly not a tactical shooter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQearB6S6AU"]‪Helmet Cam: 100 Yard Shotgun Slugs with Mossberg 590‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
100 yards is 91 meters. 200 yards is 183 meters. That is less than 1/3 of 600 meters, the distance that I got a headshot in game with. That video was useless, sorry.

Get me a video of a shotgun shooting 656 yards(600 meters) and hit a, lets see how big is a head? 6x9 inch target. (Used wiki answers)

100 yards is 91 meters. 200 yards is 183 meters. That is less than 1/3 of 600 meters, the distance that I got a headshot in game with. That video was useless, sorry.

Thanks for the lesson in the metric system. My post was meant to be funny, however the fact that you got a head shot from 600m ONE time doesn't really mean that the game needs fixing. It was probably a fluke to be honest. I have logged at least 120+ hours on BC2 and can honestly say that I've never come across a similar situation.

Lol? I get kills across the map all the time with the shotgun. Easiest bronze medals were from the shotguns.(To get the all bronze medals award). Try it yourself, equip slugs and make sure that the aiming crosshair is always very tight. Then snipe across the map with it.

Thankfully many people don't use it. But any time there is one person in the server doing it, I know it. Because I'm just randomly dying from across the map in 1 shot from his damn slugs. :mad:

The old "it's a game" fallback. That can only go so far.
I hate that I have to point this out to people as much I do.

The "It's a video game" argument works so well because there isn't much that can be done to refute it in the face of the "That's not realistic" argument. Nasty game concepts like "Fun", "Balance", and "Simplicity" get in the way of good'ole realism.

Get me a video of a shotgun shooting 656 yards(600 meters) and hit a, lets see how big is a head? 6x9 inch target. (Used wiki answers)
You're just harping on this one because it bothers you, not because it's any more absurd than any number of the other absurdities in this game when compared to real life. I just can't understand how people will say shit like "wahhhhh, that shotgun with slugs is completely unrealistic, *real life* slugs can only go 1/5th that far accurately!" and then fucking turn around and zap the corpse of their bullet-riddled, recently deceased friend back to life with a pair of defibs and be fine with it. I'm not going to name more examples because they should be completely fucking obvious to anyone.

If games were balanced to mirror real life as closely as possible, they would be fucking awful.

I really don't give a damn if you want to argue that slugs are imbalanced, fine, just do it from a game-balance perspective and keep the stupid "it's not realistic" shit out of it. If that's all you can come up with in a game like this, you don't have an argument.

Well this sucks. No matter what I do, this game is unplayable for me because it almost always freezes soon after I join a server, forcing me to reboot the computer. It doesn't crash to desktop or BSOD, just freezes, often with a loud and annoying sound loop accompanying it. I'm so mad, because this game is awesome.... arg so frustrating.

Back