Bad Company 2

For the love of god don't play recon as first class.... don't be "that" guy.

Play the game however you want to. If you are enjoying the game and others are complaining just ignore them and keep having fun.

Actually, I enjoy spawning recon, killing another class, then running around with their kit in a wookie suit.

Fun as a wookie engineer. I pretend to be Chewbacca.

Unless you're playing Squad Deathmatch your KD ratio doesn't matter. If you're a sniper hanging back in the spawn in a Rush game worrying about your KD ratio then you're missing the point of the game (and I hope you DIAF).

On the rare occasions i actually play Sniper (not to be confused with recon) youll want to thank me while im far away on that hill spotting everyone as you're running in to set that mcomm. Youll thank me again too after i lay down a mortar on the building while those shit heads are trying to disarm it....

Then i'll say you're welcome :D

On the rare occasions i actually play Sniper (not to be confused with recon) youll want to thank me while im far away on that hill spotting everyone as you're running in to set that mcomm. Youll thank me again too after i lay down a mortar on the building while those shit heads are trying to disarm it....

Then i'll say you're welcome :D

You're probably only spotting people that I can already see that are running around like headless chickens. I'd rather you were in the building with me, holding a shotgun and tossing out a motion mine.

If you want to play as a "sniper" then check out Sgt.Enigma's videos on YouTube. If you play that style of sniper you'll be welcome on any team.

good advise actually. I always say the hard part is to get to know the maps and this will be a good way to do it without dying constantly.
I agree, getting to know the maps is just as important as getting to know the classes.

Oasis is one of my favorite maps, and I often play a 24/7 Oasis Conquest server. However, its very infantry-oriented and you really have to know the map inside and out if you want to be successful. Making good use of all the "hidden" spots (i.e. the window overlooking the passageway running alongside the crates on the southern edge of B, the group of buildings running north-south along the eastern side of the map, "sniper island", etc) will really allow you to maximize your play and get in a lot of sneaky kills that you might not be able to get otherwise.

You're probably only spotting people that I can already see that are running around like headless chickens.

You're probably wrong. Especially going over a hill. Or not watching every windows as you're pushing forward. Or better yet behind you.... Or countless other scenarios.

I'd rather you were in the building with me, holding a shotgun and tossing out a motion mine.

Trust me, I'd rather be there too, but see below....

If you want to play as a "sniper" then check out Sgt.Enigma's videos on YouTube. If you play that style of sniper you'll be welcome on any team.

If I want to play sniper than I will play any damn way I'd like. There are numerous ways a sniper can help their team just as much as any other class. I'm the first one to to roll my eyes at a team full of snipers.

But you're very ignorant to believe a GOOD sniper or two doesnt have the ability change the course of a round. I save plenty of MCOMM's about to be disarmed by sniping the people disarmming or laying down mortars while everyone else was cleared out and nobody on our team is in sight. This doesnt help? This doesnt win rounds? please...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M"]YouTube - ‪Tips & Tricks: How Not to be a Noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2‬‏[/ame]

At at 1:50

I like playing a mid-range recon with SVU + Magnum + Extra ammo. Very effective.

M95 noobs sitting on other side of the map and constantly missing.. do absolutely nothing.

Heh, I played for a little bit before work the other day. Some guy threw a health pack down and I didn't know how to get it. He kept shooting at me, telling me to get it, but I didn't know how. Then he was calling for ammo and calling me a noob because I wasn't giving him any. I think I need to look at the key bindings before I play next time. :D

Kill all sons a bitches! Really though, kill someone and take there kit, because most likely it will be better than yours, and get use to these kits so you know whats going on.

Heh, I played for a little bit before work the other day. Some guy threw a health pack down and I didn't know how to get it. He kept shooting at me, telling me to get it, but I didn't know how. Then he was calling for ammo and calling me a noob because I wasn't giving him any. I think I need to look at the key bindings before I play next time. :D

This reminds me of a time I spawned as engineer and at some point picked up some other kit. a tank that needed repaired kept following me and shooting me trying to get a repair. He was yelling in chat and couldnt grasp the fact I changed kits.

moron.

I actually had some pretty good success yesterday plaing Conquest as an Engineer. I was getting a lot more kills with the default starting weapon as the engineer than the assault.

skizzy, you cant pick up those packs, just stand closeby. keys 1 through 4 are your items,
1 being pistol
2 being the big gun
3 and 4 being gadgets.

I actually had some pretty good success yesterday plaing Conquest as an Engineer. I was getting a lot more kills with the default starting weapon as the engineer than the assault.

The 9A-91 is actually a good gun with iron sights at short-medium range. Its the gun I use even now after I've unlocked everything.

i HATE the SVU sniper. worst weapon ever. argh, so hard to get it even to silver star -.-

I like playing a mid-range recon with SVU + Magnum + Extra ammo. Very effective.

M95 noobs sitting on other side of the map and constantly missing.. do absolutely nothing.

This, and with the plus that it does NOT leave the vapor trail like the higher powered rifles do making it extra sneaky.
Playing Heavy Metal conquest the other day, cleared out three attempts at B by the other team sitting behind the hill next to the building next to the VADS (which I also whored...).
My squadmate kept me supplied with ammo so I was constantly tossing motion mines as well.

I love the SVU for it's graduated sights...much easier for me to make altitude adjustments for long range shots. And it's ridiculous even fired from the hip. Then add the silencer and it's all over.

i HATE the SVU sniper. worst weapon ever. argh, so hard to get it even to silver star -.-

once you realize the recoil animation on the SVU is over exadurated and fake it gets much easier to use.. all you have to do is aim at the persons chest and double tap the mouse, one hits the chest second hits their head. by far the easiest semi automatic sniper rifle in the game.. the T88 is effing annoying as hell to use and its LOUD!!!

If you are referring to using a health pack to heal, just stand near it and it will heal you up. To drop ammo or healthpacks using the respective classes it defaults to 4.

If you are referring to using a health pack to heal, just stand near it and it will heal you up. To drop ammo or healthpacks using the respective classes it defaults to 4.

Thanks bud. I don't understand why he would shoot at the health pack like I wasn't using it. Maybe he was shooting at my feet for an ammo pack? Heh.

Played today for about an hour, had a good time. I'm using the spot a lot, I can already see how it helps a ton.. I don't understand why someone would not use it? Going to try out the other classes later tonight.

maybe he was shooting the health pack to move it near you? I do that when I play with my friends in order to get the pack closer to them for heals vs. running out of cover to toss it onto them and getting killed in the process.

Stand/crouch near it. It doesn't heal you instantly, but rather accelerates your own health regeneration. You'll hear a small, short hiss kind of sound when your health is 100% again.

When you're assault, the default key for equipping an ammo box is 4. The same goes for medkits and motion sensors.

I seem to connect without any issues and the FPS are smooth with little lag.:confused:

Yeah I haven't had any problems logging in either

I'm just getting frustrated as all hell. I can't go a single game with a positive KDR no matter what I do :mad:

Yeah I haven't had any problems logging in either

I'm just getting frustrated as all hell. I can't go a single game with a positive KDR no matter what I do :mad:

I'm not sure of your tactics, but it also depends on the map and player in the games. If the game is just a mortar/tank/heli/cg fest then you're gonna have problem with cover, which leads to massive pain. Are you playing regular (softcore) or hardcore?

Low rank also makes it harder since you don't have all the guns/tools at your disposal. Find low level or newbie servers to help build your rank.

I've tried playing BC2 again recently, and found that all my previous favorite servers are always heavily stacked on one side. Chances are, when you join the server you filled the spot of somebody that left in frustration on the losing team, which means you're joining the losing team.

It's funny, if somebody from the winning team leaves, it takes less than a few seconds for people to switch teams and fill that spot.

I'm not sure of your tactics, but it also depends on the map and player in the games. If the game is just a mortar/tank/heli/cg fest then you're gonna have problem with cover, which leads to massive pain. Are you playing regular (softcore) or hardcore?

Low rank also makes it harder since you don't have all the guns/tools at your disposal. Find low level or newbie servers to help build your rank.

I tried Hardcore and gave up pretty much immediately and now playing Softcore. I found that I did better when I get better weapons with attachments but starting off at such a low rank is a pain with this game. Atleast with CoD I found it easier to hold your own at a low rank than this. I'm gonna look into newbie servers. Thanks

I tried Hardcore and gave up pretty much immediately and now playing Softcore. I found that I did better when I get better weapons with attachments but starting off at such a low rank is a pain with this game. Atleast with CoD I found it easier to hold your own at a low rank than this. I'm gonna look into newbie servers. Thanks

most of the newbie weapons in BC2 are actually the better weapons. just takes practice getting them down. maps like heavy metal and harvest are usually the better maps to play as a noobie since they are spread out you don't have people on top of you constantly so you can work on your aim and burst firing from a distance. ends up helping in the long run when you get into smaller maps.

I can't play this anymore. Too much lag, fps is dropping for no reason.

check your drivers/hardware then because i've never had a frame rate issue in this game.. the lag problem i've had but its only on california based servers due to comcast's shitty routing here in washington which is why i stick to seattle based servers.

CoD I found it easier

your problem. This isnt CoD. You dont need to have a positive KDR to win a match or end up in first place.

Stay in cover, dont run out in the open, dont get anxious, play with friends, memorize the maps, PLAY AS IF YOU'RE ON A TEAM, use your class's abilities and you will succeed at this game.

dont... and you will suck.

your problem. This isnt CoD. You dont need to have a positive KDR to win a match or end up in first place.

This. I am one of those Rambo medics that always has a negative KDR but end up high on the list on the team. The irony is I do better when I am on the losing team. Lots of health to dispense and fresh bodies to rez :D

This. I am one of those Rambo medics that always has a negative KDR but end up high on the list on the team. The irony is I do better when I am on the losing team. Lots of health to dispense and fresh bodies to rez :D

Yeah...usually same here. Though I did go on a knife rampage a few days ago that I was pretty proud of :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back