Bad Company 2

Cant have armor and magnum ammo at the same time.

I used the armor until i unlocked magnum ammo.

I play on "softcore" servers too and I've only seen maybe two people use body armor, ever :rolleyes:

Which goes to show how few people actually know anything about the game. The armour perk is often far more useful, and magnum ammo only makes any real difference on ~50% of the weapons. Which is immediately negated by the armour anyway.

Assault with G3 and armour is a tank busting, face-smashing machine. Lets you get away with a lot cheekier C4 placements than without.

Last edited:
If I buy BAD COMPANY 2: VIETNAM through steam, can I just use the key to activate my non-steam version of BC2 and play it? Will steam even give me a key?

thanks

Which goes to show how few people actually know anything about the game. The armour perk is often far more useful, and magnum ammo only makes any real difference on ~50% of the weapons. Which is immediately negated by the armour anyway.

Assault with G3 and armour is a tank busting, face-smashing machine. Lets you get away with a lot cheekier C4 placements than without.

I never thought about this.... i normally use 870, slugs, magnum ammo. Seeing as how 75% of my kills are short range anyway, and of thtat 75% i usually end up finishing off most of them with the pistol... i wonder if id benefit from the body armor instead. Its just such a habit to click the magnum ammo.

I never thought about this.... i normally use 870, slugs, magnum ammo. Seeing as how 75% of my kills are short range anyway, and of thtat 75% i usually end up finishing off most of them with the pistol... i wonder if id benefit from the body armor instead. Its just such a habit to click the magnum ammo.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...zQUd3UTR0OGllbFE&hl=en&authkey=CPCkqKwJ#gid=0

According to that, the pump-actions with slugs take exactly the same number of hits to kill close/at range with and without magnum. But someone wearing armour can take two slugs up close to kill.

I know what you mean, though. I was all magnum for the first 6-8 months I played, and when changing kits I often select it out of habit.

Try medic-buck shotty with armor or speedy heals, turns into god mode in some situations. I had a sweet 29 kill streak on oasis conquest holding a building by myself and dropping enemy medkits around me.

Does anyone know of a fix for the friggen Punkbuster "Losing Key Packets 9003" error?

I've updated PB
I've ran PBSETUP
I've tried manually updating PB

I can't stay in a server for more than 10 minutes, and no it's not my ping. I've tried local and distant servers. It ONLY does this to me in BC2, no other game gives me problems. It started a few days ago, this is a new thing for me.

I was having trouble with this too. It was pissing me off. My problem was tuneup utilities live optimization. You gotta turn it off.

Stats wise, yes.

It will put people down in a hurry.. But I always keep going back to my M4..

Stats-wise it's probably easier to argue that the XM8 with mag ammo is. It has the quickest time to kill, a high rate of fire, tight grouping/low spread and the sights are far better than the Abakan which means you don't have to waste a slot with the red dot or ACOG.

http://i54.tinypic.com/eg4tg2.png

See the rightmost column for reference.

Also there's no M4, just so you know.

If I buy BAD COMPANY 2: VIETNAM through steam, can I just use the key to activate my non-steam version of BC2 and play it? Will steam even give me a key?

thanks

I don't think so, according to relevant threads on the Steam forum. I'm in the same boat, but even if you buy the Steam version of both BFBC2 and Vietnam you will still come out in front since Vietnam for retail costs $15 (or $20 in Australia...)

I don't think so, according to relevant threads on the Steam forum. I'm in the same boat, but even if you buy the Steam version of both BFBC2 and Vietnam you will still come out in front since Vietnam for retail costs $15 (or $20 in Australia...)
This is true, but Vietnam is also on sale on EA origin for $8.99.

Couldn't resist, I bit on the BFBC2 deal with Vietnam and that other DLC for $10. I've been looking for a good FPS to cure my itch for awhile, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I played CS competitively for years, but wasn't too impressed with the CoD series, so MW was the one and only CoD I played.

I'm totally prepared to get my ass handed to me, but I watched the "How to not be a noob" video, so hopefully I can at least help my teammates out. Going to spam Q like crazy, and possibly try out the Medic at first until I get a handle on the game.

Couldn't resist, I bit on the BFBC2 deal with Vietnam and that other DLC for $10. I've been looking for a good FPS to cure my itch for awhile, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I played CS competitively for years, but wasn't too impressed with the CoD series, so MW was the one and only CoD I played.

I'm totally prepared to get my ass handed to me, but I watched the "How to not be a noob" video, so hopefully I can at least help my teammates out. Going to spam Q like crazy, and possibly try out the Medic at first until I get a handle on the game.

Don't worry, you will have fun. As long as you start to know the maps and understand the gameplay differences, you will have a blast. Along with the great graphics, its just nice to have a great squad. Then you have the battlefield moments, where you experience something so cool and random that you just... well need a moment to take it all in.

going from competitive CS to BFBC2 will have a pretty steep learning curve unless you play assault or medic(which are the typical classes for COD players that move over to BFBC2). if you were primarily a sniper rifle user in CS you probably won't want to use sniper rifles in BC2 right off the bat until you learn the bullet drop physics with the other weapons. once you get it down its pretty easy. but either way i'd rather have a player that can't shoot worth a damn that plays as a team vs some rambo nut job that doesn't do anything to help the team.

going from competitive CS to BFBC2 will have a pretty steep learning curve unless you play assault or medic(which are the typical classes for COD players that move over to BFBC2). if you were primarily a sniper rifle user in CS you probably won't want to use sniper rifles in BC2 right off the bat until you learn the bullet drop physics with the other weapons. once you get it down its pretty easy. but either way i'd rather have a player that can't shoot worth a damn that plays as a team vs some rambo nut job that doesn't do anything to help the team.

ya i just got BC2 from the steam sale. Boy oh Boy this is so much different coming from a CS.

I can't believe I passed on this game on release, Steam Summer Sale FTW, this game is badass and loads of fun!

Anyone want to hop on the official [H] server with me and get some game going? I'm idle in vent.

The game seems to be on sale regularly recently with a steady influx of players that don't know what to do.

I'm not knocking the newbies as we all have to start somewhere but man alive even when I was a freshie I still had a firm grasp of what it's all about and to work for a win.

I would recommend that the newly enlisted soldiers get on a server that's empty and practice with the tanks, helis and have a look at the map layouts.

The game seems to be on sale regularly recently with a steady influx of players that don't know what to do.

I'm not knocking the newbies as we all have to start somewhere but man alive even when I was a freshie I still had a firm grasp of what it's all about and to work for a win.

I would recommend that the newly enlisted soldiers get on a server that's empty and practice with the tanks, helis and have a look at the map layouts.

this!

i sure as hell am not a pro, im just a casual bc2-play. very hard to stay calm with those kind of cicumstances;

It isn't the new players that bother me so much as it is the dickhead "pro" players who all team-stack so they can "own" said players and get easy wins.

Some guy on my team yesterday was 6/34 and kept crashing every vehicle he got into...

Some guy on my team yesterday was 6/34 and kept crashing every vehicle he got into...

thank steam for selling the game for 5 bucks.. happens everytime they put the game up for sale. after a couple weeks they get bored or banned off every server and leave the game.

It is hard to get the right mix on an open server. A month or so back we had a good balanced set of teams going that went down to the wire on conquest 5 or 6 maps in a row. I mean winning with only 5 or so ticks left. The most rediculous win I've had in recent memory was on a 1000 ticket conquest server on Operation Hastings. Playing in a tank I picked up 110 kills to 20 deaths as the ace. That was pretty over the top but my team was totally owning the other guys vehicles so I was mostly unchallenged.

So I just got this the other day with the sale. Any tips for a new guy? Just started getting my feet wet to FPS on the PC so be gentle..

So I just got this the other day with the sale. Any tips for a new guy? Just started getting my feet wet to FPS on the PC so be gentle..

I know people on here often advise people to go assault/medic first, but I found that going sniper and playing it very, very slow was the best way to get acclimated to the game. Running up as any other class would get me killed ridiculously quickly. No it won't make you the best teammate at first, but you're just trying to, as you say, get your feet wet.

I know people on here often advise people to go assault/medic first, but I found that going sniper and playing it very, very slow was the best way to get acclimated to the game. Running up as any other class would get me killed ridiculously quickly. No it won't make you the best teammate at first, but you're just trying to, as you say, get your feet wet.

good advise actually. I always say the hard part is to get to know the maps and this will be a good way to do it without dying constantly.

No, just no. Please don't be a useless bush wookie. I've already got a platinum star with my knife and if by chance you land on my team I'll smoke grenade you every chance I get.

You'll be a much better player sooner if you don't pickup a sniper rifle for the first 100 hours.

Ahh the confusion. In my first hour of playing I tried assault and sniper. I found I got more kills as an assault but I died a lot more from sniper fire. When I was a sniper I just slowly worked my way across the map and got a few kills here and there and didn't die as much. Should have more time to play tonight and see how it goes.

I started as an Engineer and started leveling up. Maybe once i unlock all the guns i can as an engineer ill venture back out as Recon. The M24 and the 92 werent cutting it.

Unless you're playing Squad Deathmatch your KD ratio doesn't matter. If you're a sniper hanging back in the spawn in a Rush game worrying about your KD ratio then you're missing the point of the game (and I hope you DIAF).

No, just no. Please don't be a useless bush wookie. I've already got a platinum star with my knife and if by chance you land on my team I'll smoke grenade you every chance I get.

You'll be a much better player sooner if you don't pickup a sniper rifle for the first 100 hours.

You don't need 100 hours to get acclimated. But running around as assault, at least in my experience, had me dying constantly and I wasn't learning anything. By being able to set my own pace I was able to learn more quickly. YMMV.

Play assault or medic and stay behind a bit. Not way behind. Pick a decent player and follow from a distance. Provide support and observe.

Basic advice:
1- try to do what is fun for you.
2- maybe start in the squad game modes (deathmatch and rush). Fewer people means you will likely be alive longer to figure things out.

People are moaning about snipers and this and that, but the fact is that if you are playing a play style that you do not enjoy, you will likely not be good at it, while hurting the team by wasting tickets the same way. Do not worry about all the nerd rage people have about having to play their way, and if people grief you for that, just change servers.

In fact, while playing in a team full of snipers is annoying, the ranting about snipers has gotten much worse.

In nelson bay rush, for example, all you need in the first stage is snipers that mortar both collapsible objectives. And yet there is always some moronic pseudo expert who will whine about snipers in that stage, while going 12-11 and wasting tickets.

Back