Bad Company 2

For those still trying to master the game pick the sniper class and play aggressive! :D
2011-06-29_00001.jpg

Playing assault recon with a sv98 and a 4x scope is fun as hell. :)

QFT.

Btw, does anyone know how to get rid of the RELOAD text? I never had the problem before but after getting my SSD and reinstalling BC2 it's always saying I need to reload when I clearly don't.

Playing assault recon with a sv98 and a 4x scope is fun as hell. :)

I hate you guys. :(

Its basically a rail gun, one shot insta kill. I put 5-6 rounds in someone, and get shot once and die. So annoying.

I only just started though, and dont have all the good guns and armor yet. Only got 16 hours in the game to date. Only lvl 7. All 16 hours within the past two weeks. Still learning the maps. I only play assault and engineer. Dont have one minute logged as a sniper or medic.

German Muscle, whats the rules of the server? Some do no vehicles on Oasis (which is good imo) and no base raping. Is there a page with the rules listed?

Some do no vehicles on Oasis (which is good imo)
If a server doesn't have that rule, I always make it the rule it as an engineer :D

I played an Oasis only server yesterday and got countless pins for blowing up vehicles.

I just start engineer, drop some mines, then switch classes. Replenish as needed.

anyone notice an inordinate amount of hackers lately or it just me.

now dont get me wrong. I know exactly how to see if someones hacking its not hard. Usually kill cam gives it away. Their gun snaps frantically onto targets. Much like this video of my gaming group playing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l36ygYJEgw"]YouTube - ‪Meany Face Fun - Bad Match!‬‏[/ame]

2:40
9:15 - ESPECIALLY THIS ONE clear as day.
13:00
13:40

fyi that n00b in the video is criccio on this forum :D

I've seen alot of this lately. Its really pissing me off and ruining the game for me.

Sooo.... I just reinstalled Bad Company 2 with Vietnam. When the game first came out I only played a few times.. I know this game has a progressive ranking system that unlocks new weapons and such, and since the game has been out for so long... if I hop online tonight, do I stand any chance at all? :p

Sooo.... I just reinstalled Bad Company 2 with Vietnam. When the game first came out I only played a few times.. I know this game has a progressive ranking system that unlocks new weapons and such, and since the game has been out for so long... if I hop online tonight, do I stand any chance at all? :p

Yes, you get boatloads of point for doing alot more than shooting people. Watch the "how not to be a noob at bad company 2" video

play as engineer, ride along in tanks, unlock the repair tool, start repairing tanks like crazy to unlock all the engiee weapons. as you rank the classless guns will unlock as well. then you can start ranking up the other classes using the classless guns.

this is the easiest way imho

Yes, you get boatloads of point for doing alot more than shooting people. Watch the "how not to be a noob at bad company 2" video

play as engineer, ride along in tanks, unlock the repair tool, start repairing tanks like crazy to unlock all the engiee weapons. as you rank the classless guns will unlock as well. then you can start ranking up the other classes using the classless guns.

this is the easiest way imho
Thanks for posting this. :)

you can rack up points as an aggressive sniper with motion mines + 870 + c4.

you can rack up points as an aggressive sniper with motion mines + 870 + c4.

my fav combo :D lots of people tend to like the spas or neostead. I find it takes up too much of the screen. You cant see shit. You have a clear view of everything with the 870.

however i take offense to being called a sniper... im clearly recon ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LgXBcZLH4w&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪KRAKAH07 PWNAGE ON VALPO‬‏[/ame]
good part starts @ 2:30

Last edited:
I really wish I could get into this game, but every time I play a game, after about 20 minutes it causes my system to freeze. Been happening since I purchased the game shortly after it came out.

I really wish I could get into this game, but every time I play a game, after about 20 minutes it causes my system to freeze. Been happening since I purchased the game shortly after it came out.
Aw man, that sucks. I noticed that it heats up my GPU more than any other game I play. It's like I'm playing Fuzzy Donut: The Game

Possibly. Depends on how good you are and how good your system is. I was with the people who say the starting weapons are good, but I went back and made a new character recently for a bit of fun and have been bent over in nearly every game. I don't know if I just joined poor servers or it was my crappy FPS but I was getting upwards of ten hitmarkers with the XM8 at close range and people weren't dropping.

Try starting off in Vietnam. The weapons are all available from the outset and I find the damage model to be a bit more reasonable than vanilla, if you're lacking magnum/body armour/any other perks.

Had that with BF2. Turned out to be a conflict between my motherboard BIOS (somehow) and punkbuster. Try updating both, and possibly your chipset drivers. I have no idea if it'll work for you or even if it's the same issue, but it's worth a try.

I found i CANT play this game if i dont have a couple drinks!

I'm too figity and jittery. Having a drink relaxes me and actually makes my aim better. After 5 or so drinks.... thats a different story.

I found i CANT play this game if i dont have a couple drinks!

I'm too figity and jittery. Having a drink relaxes me and actually makes my aim better. After 5 or so drinks.... thats a different story.

I've noticed sometimes in FPS games that concentrating too much can actually be harmful; you ignore your instincts. There have been many times that I'm talking on the phone while gaming, barely paying attention to the game; when I get off the phone, I pull up the scoreboard I see that I've been dominating, much more so than I usually would have been doing if I had been giving it my full attention.

I've noticed sometimes in FPS games that concentrating too much can actually be harmful; you ignore your instincts. There have been many times that I'm talking on the phone while gaming, barely paying attention to the game; when I get off the phone, I pull up the scoreboard I see that I've been dominating, much more so than I usually would have been doing if I had been giving it my full attention.

This is why I tend to play either drunk or in some other altered state of mind. The more I try to play the worse I do; the more I talk shit on mumble with my mates whilst bursting for a piss from the five tins in me the better I do.

If you want to play now is the time. There are people in the server. :p :)

Had some fun last night. My connection was better than expected, managed to hit something like 13-1 in the first five minutes I was on Oasis conquest before I CTD.

A+ would play again.

If you're trying to point whore to level up quickly, nothing beats the medic. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a K : D ratio of 0/20 or 4/30 yet leading the scoreboard with points. Part of why I like the game actually; contributing in other ways is definitely rewarded (as long as those points aren't racked up reviving people in front of tanks!).

Edit to change K:D ratio to K : D ratio, roflmao.

Anyone having a weird problem where if you set remember password on it says "Unable to log in."? If I uncheck it, I log in just fine. Weird problem lol...

I also can't log in at the bad company 2 website. I can log in to my EA account just fine at ea.com. And before anyone asks, yes I did reset my password after the LulzSec hack.

Anyone having a weird problem where if you set remember password on it says "Unable to log in."? If I uncheck it, I log in just fine. Weird problem lol...

I also can't log in at the bad company 2 website. I can log in to my EA account just fine at ea.com. And before anyone asks, yes I did reset my password after the LulzSec hack.

YEP!

stupid and i came across that fix accidentally. had it for days before i realized what was wrong.

Yeah I can't auto login either. Not a big deal tho. I had the RELOAD text constantly stay on as well, but fixed that by changing Tooltips from 1 to 0 in the gamesettings.ini

My autologin doesn't work either. I think it adds extra characters to the password or something. I had the exact same issue with BF2 as well, and I'm sure it will follow to BF3 also :D

On a side note Amazon currently has BC2 for $5 if anybody has any buddies on the fence about buying it.

So there is no language filter on this? All I see in the options is being able to turn the dialog volume down. I dont need to hear the constant F bombs, and my kids are around when I play sometimes.

I wonder why "remember password" stopped working for a few of us... I hope it's not permanent. I've been playing since launch with it on. If I purposely type the wrong password it will say "wrong password" so their system knows my password is correct. This "Unable to login" is BS lol.

UPDATE: I think it has to do with changing your EA account password. I couldn't log in to www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/ until I changed my password back to the older one. I can't test the in-game login right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if that works now as well.

Last edited:
I just started two weeks ago, am pretty noobish... but do pretty good considering.

It is annoying getting schwacked by some lvl 40+ dude with body armor, the heavy bullets, better guns and all the other crap you when when leveling up though. Working my way up, at lvl 11 now.

I just started two weeks ago, am pretty noobish... but do pretty good considering.

It is annoying getting schwacked by some lvl 40+ dude with body armor, the heavy bullets, better guns and all the other crap you when when leveling up though. Working my way up, at lvl 11 now.
People actually use body armor? :p

Back