Bad Company 2

Same.

Also, as a new player to the game myself, I have a message to all you level 50's that play on noob max level 20-30 servers: Go eat a fucking dick. I joined a noob server so I could learn the game mechanics / maps with other new players, not get hunted down as a level 4 by some asshat level 50 sniper that's camping somewhere.

Just make them your bitch on the same servers. They don't expect ninja skills, So I kept a few dog tags as trophies.

When you die, go right back there and gank the bitches.

Maybe you should play Aussie servers? One guy asked in the server if there was a way to stay scoped after you fire the bolt-action sniper rifles to see where the round lands...I told him and got a "thank you" from him and about half a dozen other players in the lobby who also didn't know. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :). I don't think there were many players above the rank of 5...maybe three or four of us.

no thanks i'll pass on the 300+ ping, thank you very much.. i enjoy my 80 ping on the pRc server to much.. :p

The Q button has a universal cooldown. You can spot one enemy[group] every two seconds; after every successful spot (which can light up like 3 players) you have to wait 2 seconds to spot again. If you spam Q too many times by trying to spot everyone you see, you will encounter a 5-second cooldown. Every time you hit Q whilst in the cooldown period you extend it to 5 seconds again, I think. It's a balancing mechanic. Try counting to five/six before hitting spot again and it should work.
There are still some instances in which trying to spot a player halfway across the map will not work, though, even if you haven't spotted recently, more likely than not due to their clever use of cover. If someone is sniping at you and using, say, a crack between two crates or the gap between two tree trunks or something like that, i.e. they are shooting through a fucking miniscule opening, then it can be frustrating to spot them because the "spot" will register at the tree or the crate instead and won't hit the person.

Spotting is by far the most useful thing you can do for your team, though. Can't count how many times I've shot at red dots through a smoke grenade and actually nailed someone, or the times when I'm driving a tank and someone spots an enemy inside a building and I just blow it to bits :D

Rob Smith is one of yours? I think you were giving me a very hard time when I made a new soldier recently. No unlocks and you pissing on me with that PPSH.

Plenty of practice with it, PPSh is the Vietnam noob weapon but I love it. Normally you'd be battering me I'm sure...

What's your new soldier?

Last edited:
red dot sight is for noobs, learn how to use iron sights.. hell i can out snipe anyone with any weapon with iron sights vs red dot or ACOG.

Beauty of Vietnam is you get good with iron sights and makes going back to red dot easy mode

Same.

Also, as a new player to the game myself, I have a message to all you level 50's that play on noob max level 20-30 servers: Go eat a fucking dick. I joined a noob server so I could learn the game mechanics / maps with other new players, not get hunted down as a level 4 by some asshat level 50 sniper that's camping somewhere.

Sadly, what I've seen more often than the level 50s on a noob server is a player who has created a new name and started playing on the noob servers.

Running around ganking people when you haven't even hit 1 yet should not be the norm.

Sadly, what I've seen more often than the level 50s on a noob server is a player who has created a new name and started playing on the noob servers.

Running around ganking people when you haven't even hit 1 yet should not be the norm.

yeah there was a guy that did that on the pRc server, to bad he wasn't smart enough to realize we could look up all his accounts in procon with his IP. he went 10-1 in the first 5 minutes so we all knew he wasn't a noob, but he kept trying to play the noob card so he got banned for lying to us. :p

It is fun to play with a low rank soldier and annoy rank 50s.Nothing riles them more than killing them constantly and calling them noobs. The language is always entertaining - not sure why I get such a kick out of it - I must be sick

It is fun to play with a low rank soldier and annoy rank 50s.Nothing riles them more than killing them constantly and calling them noobs. The language is always entertaining - not sure why I get such a kick out of it - I must be sick

Nah it's entertaining... People that think they can't be beat and that rank actually means something.

I think I'm about done with this game. The player base really is no better than COD, with people tankwhoring, running around with CG & explosive upgrades, auto shotties and all the other bullshit. If BF3 is riddled with the same COD scrubs because they've all flocked to the "big new thing that is cool", I won't be bothering with that game either.

I just got back into this game after leaving for awhile. Game is still pretty fun. I just want to max out my level 30 before BF3.

I think I'm about done with this game. The player base really is no better than COD, with people tankwhoring, running around with CG & explosive upgrades, auto shotties and all the other bullshit. If BF3 is riddled with the same COD scrubs because they've all flocked to the "big new thing that is cool", I won't be bothering with that game either.

I'm definitely feeling a lot of that lately. I was so pleased a few months in when I didn't have to politely explain to people how to spot every server I joined. Now it feels like I'm back to square one and I'm getting quite irate every round I play.

i agree, but i don't think we will see much of the COD kiddies on BF3, mostly because the games so different. while you can draw a comparison between the COD and BFBC2 game play, BF3 and COD are worlds apart from each other. it'll be fun raping them with the jets though :p

I think friendly fire needs to be automatically turned on, but only towards your team's medics. That way if those idiots revive you while in enemy fire, you can at least kill them afterwards!

you guys inspired me to make this (don’t take it too seriously):

Tips for BC2 players in BF3:

- don’t worry about that “opt out of revive” thing fellow revive noobs, everyone will spam the “accept revive” button after they die. and now we have a good excuse when they say noob medic.
- who played it said it feels and sounds like BC2, this is what we’ve been training for comrades.
- find the unbalanced weapons and platin them before the nerf
- platin the AT mines first, no one pays attention to them at the beginning.
- forget about vehicles (mainly jets) specially in 64 servers because you’ll waist a lot of time waiting, instead try to kill the players waiting for the jets from the other team.
- remember, knowing the maps before everyone = easier spawnkilling, baseraping and more dogtags.
- know the exact location of anti-air guns but don't worry most jet fighters will crash due to clueless pilots.
- game will be full of COD and Console players, those who didn’t play BC2 and kids trying the next big thing, you’d think they are a K/D gold mine but they aren’t, they’ll ruin the teamplay, ignore the objectives, camp, lonewolf and play the game as if it was a deathmatch in CS to protect their K/D. this is why they’ll stop playing it very soon since this type of gameplay is fun when your team is completely dominating the other team. our mission: make them quit it as soon as possible.
- in BC2 it took a long time for players to realize that heli’s are not just for transportation and to hover in place instead of circle strafing, if flying the heli in BF3 is the same and you’re already a member of the heli abusing club then happy harvesting.
- bigger maps and better destructible environment may mean a better 40mm grenade launcher. if so forget about that bullet based thing attached to your noobtube.
- spotting in BC2 = everyone shoots at the red triangle. using the flash light in BF3 = everyone shoots at the white circle, so don’t use it.
- orders from the squad leader are probably a COD kiddie trying to explore the game, ignore all orders unless you know the guy. but keep giving orders when you’re the leader.

I have been enjoying Conquest a lot more than Rush. It used to be the other way around. Rush these days seems to be either a stalemate or a roll...never a good game.

Also, what's with all the 24/7 Heavy Metal servers? There is 3 of those for every other type.

It's basically the only BF2-esque map in BC2. The only one with large, open areas and full vehicle support. I personally play it exclusively, when I do play BC2 which is not much anymore.

Recently started playing HC and I'm enjoying it. Especially HC SQDM and HC Rush.

Rush game play is paced different than vanilla - less blind charges, more covered advancement.

For SQDM I prefer the urban maps; Oasis provides great 12 man action.

* Other perks of HC - no spotting, friendly fire is on, no hud, and you have to be more accurate with you knife.

Got accused of hacking again so I finally told everyone my secret: 'q' button plus an94...

I pretty much have spotting on a reflex now. I don't even do it for my team. Even if I'm in a one-on-one gunfight I spot just because it makes aiming so much easier. Also really fun: spotting people then shooting them through cover and watching how pissed off they get since you were obviously "cheating".

Got accused of hacking again so I finally told everyone my secret: 'q' button plus an94...

I pretty much have spotting on a reflex now. I don't even do it for my team, even if I'm in a one-on-one gunfight I spot just because it makes aiming so much easier. Also really fun: spotting people then shooting them through cover and watching how pissed off they get since you were obviously "cheating".

This is why I play hardcore.

Need Troubleshooting advice, please help:

Just started play BC2 again after a few months off. It only takes about two good matches for me to get back into the groove.
Usually I average about 25-30 kills in Rush, or 35+ when I'm in the zone. Now I can barely crack 15-20.

So I tested the hit detection and my bulltes don't register beyond 100ft. I can see my bullets hitting the walls from far away but no effect on players.
Sniper headshot register as normal hits, no kill from a distance. Up close sometimes I win and other times it feels like I'm shoot right through them.

The server I play on has an average ping of 15-20 and my in game ping is around 50-70, lower than most in the room. Still can't hit a thing. Tried other servers, same result.
I've been playing for two days and no change. A player was running away from me in a straight line, about 50 feet away and not a single bullet hit the person.

Current BC2 Version: 602574
Also updated to the lastest PB version.

Please help :(

Last edited:
yeah its been like that since the last update. its also why you see a lot of people with high pings in servers now because most of them realized they now have the anti-lag advantage with the new hit boxes. its annoying as hell but i got use to it after a while and figured out how to combat it but still gets me killed a lot.

yeah its been like that since the last update. its also why you see a lot of people with high pings in servers now because most of them realized they now have the anti-lag advantage with the new hit boxes. its annoying as hell but i got use to it after a while and figured out how to combat it but still gets me killed a lot.

Yeah, I get killed alot, like I'm standing still. First match of the night I go 3-15, before I realize that I'm not hitting a thing, exposing my position on the map. Forced to take cover the following rounds.
Then when aim about 50ft+ plus, I have to empty a whole clip just for my teammates to finish the job. So the last update ruined the game further? The game was fine just a few months ago. Wow.

Anyone else having the same issues with mid to long range shooting with assault rifles and sub-machine guns?

Last edited:
i think DICE has done some server side updates that have made it worse but its always been like that even months ago, maybe you didn't notice as much but since leaving and coming back you are noticing it now.

my way of defeating it is 2-3 round burst firing with all my weapons. i've noticed shots register a lot more when doing it. not sure why even though i know the shots are hitting them even without burst firing but its worked so far.

Yeah, I get killed alot, like I'm standing still. First match of the night I go 3-15, before I realize that I'm not hitting a thing, exposing my position on the map. Forced to take cover the following rounds.
Then when aim about 50ft+ plus, I have to empty a whole clip just for my teammates to finish the job. So the last update ruined the game further? The game was fine just a few months ago. Wow.

Anyone else having the same issues with mid to long range shooting with assault rifles and sub-machine guns?

I would say that while at a distance it is worse, if the lag is bad enough it also affects things even up close. Last night there were a couple of instances where I would see a guy coming at me, fire one or two neostad shots (which up close on hardcore are more than enough to kill), see the hit animation but not have the hit register, only to be knifed.

i think DICE has done some server side updates that have made it worse but its always been like that even months ago, maybe you didn't notice as much but since leaving and coming back you are noticing it now.

my way of defeating it is 2-3 round burst firing with all my weapons. i've noticed shots register a lot more when doing it. not sure why even though i know the shots are hitting them even without burst firing but its worked so far.

You're right. When full auto with a sub or rifle, I can't hit a thing. Then I do 3 fire bursts and I'm shockingly accurate again.
It's still needs to be fixed because when people are rushing the mcom, I have to go full auto from a distance and no one dies.

I would say that while at a distance it is worse, if the lag is bad enough it also affects things even up close. Last night there were a couple of instances where I would see a guy coming at me, fire one or two neostad shots (which up close on hardcore are more than enough to kill), see the hit animation but not have the hit register, only to be knifed.

Up close is questionable also, the hit boxes seem to extremely small or the network code is bad.

The game is still ok to play but not fun. I may move on to another non-played game in my stash until they fix it.

You're right. When full auto with a sub or rifle, I can't hit a thing. Then I do 3 fire bursts and I'm shockingly accurate again.
It's still needs to be fixed because when people are rushing the mcom, I have to go full auto from a distance and no one dies.

That's not hit reg problems, that's how the game works. You should always scope in and burst fire unless you are a few feet away from someone. The longer you hold down the trigger the more inaccurate the spray of fire becomes. If you are going full auto at long range then you're probably not hitting a thing. This is why the Abakan was such a popular noobie weapon and everyone clamoured for it to get nerfed. It's a gun that forces good firing discipline on you and it has almost no recoil so people were managing to kill stuff with it.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

This website will help dispel myths about bad game code. It tells you exactly how every weapon works.

If you are seeing your shot go off immediately before being knifed then that just means you were knifed on the server before you got your shot off. Your client draws the graphics because it tries to predict what happens whilst information is still in transit but the bottom line is.. you got stabbed first.

Back