Bad Company 2

yup i love harvesting gold tags.. funny thing is most rank 50 people really aren't that good since most of the good players just restart their accounts and play as an engie or assault or what ever they didn't normally play as to reach rank 50 last time.

god i love harvesting tags :D

Quick question, I never really noticed before, but core 3 of my Q9550 is at 95-100% during the game, but the other cores all hover around 50-60% - is this normal? When the game is loading, all cores bump 100%, but in game only core 3 does. :confused:

yeah its normal. if you watch your cpu usage it will fluctuate a lot during the game. if a bunch of buildings get destroyed all at once you will see all your cores hit full load, then drop down to 50-60% after they finish falling. the thing with BFBC2 is everything is based on the cpu including your audio which is why you see core 3 at 100% load since thats the core being used for the audio.

heavy metal and oasis are both good maps to see how much your cpu usage changes. especially oasis when 2 or 3 mortar strikes happen and a bunch of buildings collapse at the same time.

yeah its normal. if you watch your cpu usage it will fluctuate a lot during the game. if a bunch of buildings get destroyed all at once you will see all your cores hit full load, then drop down to 50-60% after they finish falling. the thing with BFBC2 is everything is based on the cpu including your audio which is why you see core 3 at 100% load since thats the core being used for the audio.

heavy metal and oasis are both good maps to see how much your cpu usage changes. especially oasis when 2 or 3 mortar strikes happen and a bunch of buildings collapse at the same time.

OK, that's something I didn't think of, that core 3 would be for audio - I have it set on War Tapes. Thanks!

OK, that's something I didn't think of, that core 3 would be for audio - I have it set on War Tapes. Thanks!

i think the core it uses for audio varies. for me core 2 typically sits at 80% load with the other 3 at 70-80% but i think i have my audio set on high. i primarily play heavy metal which is a huge detailed map so my cpu usage is typically higher then those that play on the mixed servers.

yup i love harvesting gold tags.. funny thing is most rank 50 people really aren't that good since most of the good players just restart their accounts and play as an engie or assault or what ever they didn't normally play as to reach rank 50 last time.

I remember back last August nearly all rank 50 players were of a good standard. I've come across very good ones recently but there are a large amount of really hopeless 50s out there now.

I think you're right though many players started again with a new soldier. The anonymity of not having a high rank stuck next to your name can be refreshing and fun.

How are the [H]ard BC2 players fairing, up or down with the scores since Vietnam came out?

i was playing on Valparaiso one time as Recon class. i was generally contributing to my team - running around killing enemies, tossing motion sensors in critical areas, and destroying enemy vehicles with C4. I had even disarmed 2 mcoms and prevented a couple enemies from planting by sniping them as they were arming. a dipshit teammate of mine started griefing me by smothering me in a cloud of smoke. i asked him to stop and he said something along the lines of "be useful instead of a being a dumbass sniper". i know this situation is a little different than yours, but the point is don't just blindly assume that every Recon is useless.

Recon is absolutely essential, all the classes are.

I run with 3 friends and we squad together we usually take a Medic, Anti-Tank, Assault and Recon and we basically assault as a group at all times.

The recon can pack a shotgun which is the best weapon in CQB as it will one shot people especially with magnum ammo, they can take C4 for traps and demolition, and the sensor grenades are essential for keeping the squad alive vs unbalanced odds.

Having a good squad with competent players will get you quite far but once you start getting motion sensors down you'll step up your game no end.

The problem is most recon guys go sniper and camp on noob mountain just wasting tickets. The motion sensor is one of the most useful assets in the game as a factor for improving your odds of survival, considering how useful they are, they're not used anywhere near enough.

Snipers on the assault team are the bane of this game, when you're assaulting the MCOM you should be pushing forward, sniping doesn't help, you need bodies on the ground pushing back the enemy.

This is why I prefer Conquest. I can solo the game. Playing rush pisses me off because there's barely any teamwork. I played once with my friend, it was a completely different game playing co-op. We basically owned the entire Arica Harbor map with me and him. This game was built for teamwork and that seems lacking when I play.

Me and 3 other clan members were playing on the server named Pirates Bloody Cove(PBC)We were handling the maps.We won the 3-4 rounds we played,then an admin came is and kicked every one of us.No reason.
Their were no rules saying no clan stacking or anything like that.Heck we followed every one of their rules.

Me and 3 other clan members were playing on the server named Pirates Bloody Cove(PBC)We were handling the maps.We won the 3-4 rounds we played,then an admin came is and kicked every one of us.No reason.
Their were no rules saying no clan stacking or anything like that.Heck we followed every one of their rules.

found yourself an admin with a fragile ego. it's the way it goes - they pay for the server they can boot whoever they want. i feel your frustration though.

found yourself an admin with a fragile ego. it's the way it goes - they pay for the server they can boot whoever they want. i feel your frustration though.

We were there having fun.Im going to try to get into the server tonight(by myself)and see if we were banned or what.

Recon is absolutely essential, all the classes are.

I run with 3 friends and we squad together we usually take a Medic, Anti-Tank, Assault and Recon and we basically assault as a group at all times.

The recon can pack a shotgun which is the best weapon in CQB as it will one shot people especially with magnum ammo, they can take C4 for traps and demolition, and the sensor grenades are essential for keeping the squad alive vs unbalanced odds.

Having a good squad with competent players will get you quite far but once you start getting motion sensors down you'll step up your game no end.

The problem is most recon guys go sniper and camp on noob mountain just wasting tickets. The motion sensor is one of the most useful assets in the game as a factor for improving your odds of survival, considering how useful they are, they're not used anywhere near enough.

Snipers on the assault team are the bane of this game, when you're assaulting the MCOM you should be pushing forward, sniping doesn't help, you need bodies on the ground pushing back the enemy.

I love going shotgun recon, especially with the motion sensor. My problem is finding someone smart enough to go assault to keep me supplied with more sensors. It's incredibly easy to score huge points by feeding your teammates (med kits if medic, ammo if assault, etc.). And if I do spawn into a shotgun recon group, I always make sure to go either assault or medic. Seems like that is whats needed most.

Shotguns are such bullshit, yesterday during oasis I was getting shotgun sniped from clear across the map. I know shotgun sniping has been going on for a long time but Im tired of it! lol

We were there having fun.Im going to try to get into the server tonight(by myself)and see if we were banned or what.

PBC are absolute kiddie nubs. We used to beat the living iiiii out of them in scrims long ago. I have been banned from their servers in several versions of BF lol.

I love going shotgun recon, especially with the motion sensor. My problem is finding someone smart enough to go assault to keep me supplied with more sensors. It's incredibly easy to score huge points by feeding your teammates (med kits if medic, ammo if assault, etc.). And if I do spawn into a shotgun recon group, I always make sure to go either assault or medic. Seems like that is whats needed most.

I like to stand next to assault players spamming chat and telling me to drop motion mines while I have been patiently spamming Q on them waiting for an ammo box.

Anyone on the East Coast able to connect to EA Online? I can't get BC2 to login and it tells me "can't connect to EA online"

Anyone on the East Coast able to connect to EA Online? I can't get BC2 to login and it tells me "can't connect to EA online"

check their website and see if theres any maintance going on. or check their twitter page.

Shotguns are such bullshit, yesterday during oasis I was getting shotgun sniped from clear across the map. I know shotgun sniping has been going on for a long time but Im tired of it! lol

ever since the last update barely anyone does it now. there are still a few people that do shotgun snipe that are good at it but its a lot harder to do now since the last update. so if you were getting sniped clear across the map, either 1. you stand out in the open way to much on a map that has way to much cover, or they were hacking. about as simple as it gets.

ever since the last update barely anyone does it now. there are still a few people that do shotgun snipe that are good at it but its a lot harder to do now since the last update. so if you were getting sniped clear across the map, either 1. you stand out in the open way to much on a map that has way to much cover, or they were hacking. about as simple as it gets.

Ya I agree, I used to only use Shotgun with Slugs up to about level 48 then they patched the game and made the crosshairs and hit detection all messed up...

My Stats for just the one of the shotty's I used with slugs..

SPAS-12 Combat - 123h 32m 41s - 8,821 Shots - 3,725 Headshots - 43.33% Accuracy

It actually is a handicap now using the shotty slug setup and if you get hit with it across the map you should say nice shot.

I was so pissed after the patch, I used to dominate on ground pound. I now just use ump-45/AT-4 and have focused on blackhawk runs.

It has brought a new level of funness to the game and makes me :) when I can get my squad mates 100kills with my flying :p

yesterday...

2011030600002.jpg

Oh no, a team of lighthouse snipers. On that map I would always make a bee line to the lighthouse to take out those pesky snipers.

You know what.... someone wants to be a sniper and sit a million miles away and shoot at poeple FINE. But yesterday when I'm assaulting that hill on Valpo and I see 3 blue triangles up there in that tower and I press M for map and see NO! NOT ONE! red triangle spotted it pisses me the fuck off.

Yesterday just sucked. I hate playing games where anyone is steamrolling. Yes even if im on the steam rolling team. Lets face it, its boring. Its stupid. But yesterday I have the unfortunate experience of being on the steam rolled team. Normally I wait it out. Eventually people getting steamrolled will leave and people will get autobalanced and youll get new people. It just didnt happen. Four rounds of it and I leave to another server, and guess what! yep, I get on another steam rolled team. Try to wait it out, few rounds go by. I leave and enter another steamrolling server.

I RAGED YESTERDAY!!!! And I dont rage often haha.

Yesterday just sucked. I hate playing games where anyone is steamrolling. Yes even if im on the steam rolling team. Lets face it, its boring. Its stupid. But yesterday I have the unfortunate experience of being on the steam rolled team. Normally I wait it out. Eventually people getting steamrolled will leave and people will get autobalanced and youll get new people. It just didnt happen. Four rounds of it and I leave to another server, and guess what! yep, I get on another steam rolled team. Try to wait it out, few rounds go by. I leave and enter another steamrolling server.

I RAGED YESTERDAY!!!! And I dont rage often haha.

yeah unbalanced teams are very common in BC2, and it's frustrating to play a few consecutive games where you're taking the brunt of it. i commend the pRc clan (US west coast based) for randomizing teams at every map change on their servers. occasionally you still get unlucky and have a few consecutive games where you get steamrolled, but for the most part they've solved the issue. more servers should do this.

yeah unbalanced teams are very common in BC2, and it's frustrating to play a few consecutive games where you're taking the brunt of it. i commend the pRc clan (US west coast based) for randomizing teams at every map change on their servers. occasionally you still get unlucky and have a few consecutive games where you get steamrolled, but for the most part they've solved the issue. more servers should do this.

The only issue I have with that solution is that my firends and I like to play together. We normally win rounds when we are all together. There is generally 3-5 of us and it sometimes takes a round or two to get on the same side. So if it splits us up to many times we simply leave and rejoin the server or another server.

Its not as bad as other games with steam rolling. You can still have some fun as recon at least. Bad mentality i suppose, being further useless and all.

Shotgun slugs are still my weapon of choice. I have a 45-50% accuracy, and most my kills are headshots.
Coupled with recon, being able to throw down a device that basically lets you see through walls, makes you very deadly in close quarters.

If you hit someone in the head, at any range, with any shotgun (pump action) slug, they will die. Even with body armor.

Its not as bad as other games with steam rolling. You can still have some fun as recon at least. Bad mentality i suppose, being further useless and all.

Yea it is a bad mentality. It ends up with more steam rolling.

32 rush is my favorite but the most stupid situations happens there.

when you’re getting steamrolled open the map and you’ll notice only half of the team is spawned and all are behind the mcoms, others are idle, dead or trying to switch.
when with the offense you’ll see 4 idle, 4 dead, 4 setting in nowhere, 2 waiting for the UAV or tank and only 2 are actually attacking.

try squad rush (4vs4), it can be a lot of fun.

or do this: conquest + OASIS + medic + SAIGA (or USA) + without slugs + that ammo upgrade (12 continues shots) + LW pack for fast moving (very important here) + DON’T STOP RUNING

I’ll go try it now..
first server was a joke, bunch of campers everywhere
but here is the second

bfbc2game20110307093520.jpg

another bonus, other team will call you noob :D

If you guys like Softcore Conquest try out WDA Trashy Women and Brown Party Liquor. Walking Dead Army is all about having fun and playing fair. Hit me up on there [WDA] DAMN I SUCK

I hate going into servers that have clan members stacked to one side, and I unfortunately with other random teammates get steamrolled, grrrrrrr it makes me RAGE! I asked them why dont you guys randomize teams, this isnt fun, quick rounds steamrolled, etc. They reply theyre practicing! Yeah a real challange :rolleyes: let me see: Big clan on TS, same side VS buncha random players, wow. Like im sorry but thats just lame, back in the day my BF2 clan would scim against other clans for practice, steamrolling a buncha noobs round after round aint practice. Too many noob clans these days what ever happened to good clans with good server admins, all I see now is bucha kick/ban happy admins with lame rules.

If you guys like Softcore Conquest try out WDA Trashy Women and Brown Party Liquor. Walking Dead Army is all about having fun and playing fair. Hit me up on there [WDA] DAMN I SUCK

i've played on this server before, but if i'm not mistaken it's called "Trashy Women and Brown Liquor Party"...not Brown Party Liquor.

I recently had an end-map score of 26.5k (of course, it was a whole lot of awards and gold stars). Stupid screenshot didn't save though. Still I was pretty impressed. Other than that, the highest I've gotten is 11k.

Wish I've taken screen shots too. I hit almost 30k when I got platinum with the gustav. I miss using that rccket launcher. I could hit a sniper camping in the mountain ridge in cold war with it. Too bad you can't accumulate more stars after you get a platinum star with that weapon.

Is there any way to fix the left-speaker-dominant audio in this? When I use headphones, the sound from firing my own weapon is very left-ear dominant, regardless of whatever in-game audio settings I choose.

I was playing against the most obvious hacker ever yesterday...On Cao Temple conquest the server had 300 tickets. Guy on the other team went something like 83-5 and the server was modded to show headshot stats...he had something like 70 headshots with a frickin RPK. Dude was just a complete ass. ran our whole team off in like 5 minutes.

I see quite a few Punkbuster bans going out while im playing. Maybe 1 an hour on average, surprising...unless those are just kicks?

EDIT: I love 4 squad deathmatch games for points anyways. Will always get the most points through this way. Almost always go 3:1 K/D

Rush / conquest are just a lot more funner and gooder.

I've seen one sucessful hacker that didn't get PB banned. He was headshotting me out of the helicopter as soon as i came in view, had around 120 / 3 ratio.

Be nice =/ But yes, everyone's perception of owning is entirely different. He may have won the round for his team and I certainly consider that owning. The point of the game is to win.

Now this my version of owning (though I don't really play anymore). Forgot I even had these.

snip the pics

I'm sure some kids were raging at the end of those games :)

I'm a little tipsy at the moment (as the game name suggest) so I don't mind showing off a bit :). I'll probably try to delete this post tomorrow, lol.

not to one up ya, but--

6C75CBC8C1E45BA0365134FA68730F69C47BE232

I see quite a few Punkbuster bans going out while im playing. Maybe 1 an hour on average, surprising...unless those are just kicks?

EDIT: I love 4 squad deathmatch games for points anyways. Will always get the most points through this way. Almost always go 3:1 K/D

Rush / conquest are just a lot more funner and gooder.

I've seen one sucessful hacker that didn't get PB banned. He was headshotting me out of the helicopter as soon as i came in view, had around 120 / 3 ratio.

today alone on the PRC server there was 48 bans in the 5 hours i was playing. on average PB bans about 50-60 people a day on that server. its ridiculous and has picked up a lot in the last few months.

One time I was racking up massive points in a 1000 ticket server (about 10k round points) and PB kicked me from the game saying "BANNED FOR 2 MINUTES: LOST KEY PACKETS"

Uhhh..thanks..PB...

One time I was racking up massive points in a 1000 ticket server (about 10k round points) and PB kicked me from the game saying "BANNED FOR 2 MINUTES: LOST KEY PACKETS"

Uhhh..thanks..PB...

You blame PB, but losing key packets most likely means your connection is shit. Your losing key packets, which means your connection to the server is getting dropped for any number of reasons. Most likely your ISP or any one of the 30 some odd routers between you and the game server are to blame. It's not punkbuster's fault for trying to make sure people could actually shoot you and to prevent you from teleporting across other's screens. Losing key packets is also a form of cheating and can be mimicked by cheat software or through devices like a lag switch (which is nothing more than an on/off switch wired into your ethernet cable).

Back