Bad Company 2

I just unlocked the AN-94 and I do have to say the medium range 4x scope is very good. I use it on the more open maps. That with the hand grips makes a very reliable assault weapon.

AN-94 w/ red dot is my favorite weapon in the game. When I got my platinum star with it, 83% of my kills were headshots. Damn fine weapon.

I quit playing in oct when I started on some new games.
whats the latest patch since oct 1
any new map packs?

is everyone playing vietnam now ?
are all the servers set for vietnam ?

heres their site to see their server info.
http://www.precisionclan.com/

the servers are all based in seattle. which is another reason why i play them since i live in washington and use comcast business class i have a direct line to the comcast hub in seattle which happens to be right next to the data center the servers are hosted in :p

i used to play on their Rush server all the time, good server run by a good clan.

I quit playing in oct when I started on some new games.
whats the latest patch since oct 1
any new map packs?

is everyone playing vietnam now ?
are all the servers set for vietnam ?

not sure of the most recent patch - i have a steam copy so i don't bother to take note of the latest patch
new maps have been released, and they are very fun - particularly Cold War and Oasis
there's a healthy community for both Vietnam and vanilla
the servers are separated between the two, so if you're playing BC2 vanilla your server browser will only bring up those servers...and likewise for Vietnam.

happy hunting :)

i used to play on their Rush server all the time, good server run by a good clan.

not sure of the most recent patch - i have a steam copy so i don't bother to take note of the latest patch
new maps have been released, and they are very fun - particularly Cold War and Oasis
there's a healthy community for both Vietnam and vanilla
the servers are separated between the two, so if you're playing BC2 vanilla your server browser will only bring up those servers...and likewise for Vietnam.

happy hunting :)

ok so if i pick up vietnam it wont show me both servers at once? like if i dont care which mode i want to join? Do the stats carry over or are they separate too?

ok so if i pick up vietnam it wont show me both servers at once? like if i dont care which mode i want to join? Do the stats carry over or are they separate too?

I have only played Vietnam once. I had serious stability issues with it. As I recall though you select which one you want to play from the main menu. It doesn't show you both servers at once. At least I don't think it does.

Correct, there's an icon on the main screen to switch between vanilla and vietnam. You can't see servers for both in one game, though I think my favorites/history from vietnam stayed in vanilla... Couldn't join them though without switching the mode I was in.

Your stats carry over, but vietnam has nothing to unlock so all it really does is show what level/veteran status you have. Never really had any issues with it, but it got a little boring after a while with only a few maps to play which are all pretty small and usually condense the action into chokepoints. I don't regret paying $15 for it though.

Do any of the server browser filters work other then map selection and game mode? clicking / unclicking empty, full and what not give me the same results

Do any of the server browser filters work other then map selection and game mode? clicking / unclicking empty, full and what not give me the same results

i have mine set to conquest, north america, X empty, check ranked.

the filters work. every once in a while you see EU servers show up in the list but its pretty easy to tell they are EU by the ping. plus i typically stick to servers i've already joined that show up in my history list.

I really love this game, hardcore and softcore. But I don't see any reason to play Assault or Medic(outside of squads) in hardcore. I'd love to see a server with Hardcore hit points with minimap enabled, cross hairs enabled, 3d spotting off and friendly fire on.

would be absolutely amazing.

they are seperate games within in the same game launcher. stats are seperate if i remember correctly, but doesnt matter since all weapons are unlocked from the get go. i haven't played vietnam yet sadly. downside to not having a credit card but i'll survive, i want to hit level 50 in BC2 vanilla before switching anyways.

I believe the server browser will only show the servers for the game mode (Vanilla/Vietnam) you are in.
OTOH, the friends list will show friends in either game. Not sure what happens if you have a friend on a Vietnam server, when you don't have it. (cause I have it!)

Stats are shared between the games, Rank up from 25 to 26 while playing vanilla, and you are a 26 in Vietnam too.

Not very hardcore if you need those. :p Plus, why do you need a minimap when you can hit M for map?

I'm just saying I'd like a mix between the two, with the hardcore hitpoints and etc. I'd rather have the minimap becauce the map takes up half my screen.

I'm just saying I'd like a mix between the two, with the hardcore hitpoints and etc. I'd rather have the minimap becauce the map takes up half my screen.

Play Vietnam. The damage model is a very pleasant point between normal and hardcore, with the bonus of spotting and whatnot. One round from the M40 to centre mass will drop someone, which is wonderful, and two bursts from the AK47 will do the same. Compared to vanilla BC2 where there are rounds with similar wounding characteristics taking half a magazine to drop someone, and hardcore where it can get a bit silly in terms of kills. Vietnam also seems to have a far more consistent and accurate hit registry.

I commented on how the game should have replays so we can do nice videos... so I gave fraps a shot and it's a pain to think about recording before doing stuff...

So I limited my recordings to Helicopter tracing/RPG'ing.

I also had to drop my resolution to 720p in order to record at 60fps constant...

I must say this tough, if it was a replay I would have to go through the entire match because I would not remember all the action/nice shots.

Anyways I uploaded 10minutes of raw gameplay to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbmeVCRCOA

I commented on how the game should have replays so we can do nice videos... so I gave fraps a shot and it's a pain to think about recording before doing stuff...

So I limited my recordings to Helicopter tracing/RPG'ing.

I also had to drop my resolution to 720p in order to record at 60fps constant...

I must say this tough, if it was a replay I would have to go through the entire match because I would not remember all the action/nice shots.

Anyways I uploaded 10minutes of raw gameplay to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbmeVCRCOA

New version of FRAPS has a buffer function that records 30 seconds at a time, then if you get in a firefight/do something awesome press your record key and it will keep the last 30 seconds that happened, and turn off the buffer and start recording constantly. that might help ya out.

I need more fps out of my rig. Even 1600x1200 85hz no AA, all medium on dx10 is 50 fps avrg and it is not nearly as smooth and fast as I need it to be. It does hit 90-100 fps at times. WHich is what it should average imo.

I have a [email protected], 2x2gb ram, 5870 1gb and a 1 TB WD.

What would the biggest bang for the buck upgrade be? RAID the HD?

I need more fps out of my rig. Even 1600x1200 85hz no AA, all medium on dx10 is 50 fps avrg and it is not nearly as smooth and fast as I need it to be. It does hit 90-100 fps at times. WHich is what it should average imo.

RAID will do nothing for the fps

Try dropping the res lower and seeing what your fps is. If that pushes it up a lot, you'd need more GPU. I however suspect to push the high constant frame rates you want you'd need both a CPU and GPU upgrade. As well as possibly higher memory speed/lower timings.

I figured as much. Raid is just load times right? Probably try for the new Ivy and at least a modded 6950. I want to wait on the 6990 whenever the F that comes out.

I figured as much. Raid is just load times right? Probably try for the new Ivy and at least a modded 6950. I want to wait on the 6990 whenever the F that comes out.

To some extent yes it is just load times. When the content you are running is loaded however it will be in ram and vram, speed from your hard drives will no be a factor in fps.

What a SSD might help with however is the "stutter" at the start of maps. A lot of games nowadays (including BC2) do not actually fully load everything during the "loading" screen, and will dynamically load in content to some degree.

But try playing at the lowest resolution possible and see how high your fps goes by comparison. Maybe your CPU is OCed high enough to be enough. Not many people bench or are looking for 90-100fps constants, so "prior experience" information will be hard to find.

I should add though if you want smoothness. Some people report that gaming with multigpu setups (including 2 GPUs on one board) may introduce things like "stutter" and feel you need a higher fps then with a single card to get the same "smoothness."

I just put it all low, 1600x1200 and it did an avrg of 65. That is about 15 fps more. Still, shouldn't a 5870 rape this game at those settings?

In an empty map 1920x1080 all low I can get 175 average (doing flybys with heli)

but as soon as you drop some people and smoke in a game I drop to 90-100..

Haven't found a way to maintain 120 yet (120hz lcd..)

raid helped hugely for DX11. my experience without raid took like 1 or 2 minutes and then when it was installed on raid 0 velociraptors it would load faster then when set to DX9.

and not to brag or anything but im like the first to load in every game.

I just put it all low, 1600x1200 and it did an avrg of 65. That is about 15 fps more. Still, shouldn't a 5870 rape this game at those settings?

turn off HBAO and bloom if you have them on(bloom is in the documents/bfbc2/settings.ini file). should help with the frame rates. other then that ya just have to wait and hope AMD can figure out what DICE changed in the games so they can put the fixes back into the drivers.

turn off HBAO and bloom if you have them on(bloom is in the documents/bfbc2/settings.ini file). should help with the frame rates. other then that ya just have to wait and hope AMD can figure out what DICE changed in the games so they can put the fixes back into the drivers.

Yeah it is all off. Crap. All low looks like ASS. It is hard to see at all on some maps.

eh i run all medium no AA no AF HBAO off bloom off and get 40-50fps on an overclocked 8800GS. so unless your cpu bottlenecked i dunno what to tell ya.

Ive put in about 10 hours of multiplayer over the past week after never really getting into the MP early on. I'm enjoying it. But, is it normal to have server browser pings of 20's then in the server itself be 70-120? I also get serious banding all the time on tons of servers. I do not have latency issues like this in other PC FPS games, so im curious if there is some client side settings i can tweak or if this is somewhat typical.

desert maps are hard to anything on as is, so much mono color and dirt clouds. i also get bad fps on snow maps, particularly white pass. i just wish there weren't pop ins from debris and scenery.

Your ping as displayed in game is round trip so it's usually a little more than double what you seen in the browser.

It's not just the servers. Right now the back end isn't robust enough to handle the amount of players that are online. With that being said...not all GSPs are equal and there are some really bad ones.

Your ping as displayed in game is round trip so it's usually a little more than double what you seen in the browser.

It's not just the servers. Right now the back end isn't robust enough to handle the amount of players that are online. With that being said...not all GSPs are equal and there are some really bad ones.

Ping is always round trip though, that's how you get a reply in x amount of seconds. If you ping something without a response (one way trip) you get a timeout.

Ive put in about 10 hours of multiplayer over the past week after never really getting into the MP early on. I'm enjoying it. But, is it normal to have server browser pings of 20's then in the server itself be 70-120? I also get serious banding all the time on tons of servers. I do not have latency issues like this in other PC FPS games, so im curious if there is some client side settings i can tweak or if this is somewhat typical.

yes, the pings are artificially inflated to compensate for the physic's data being loaded for everyone. i dont notice any crazy lag until i get into the 250+ ping range.

Back