Bad Company 2

That's why it's always better to have games with dedicated servers that run anti-cheat + decent admins who can kick/ban those asshats/cheats who depopulate the servers.

I would rather play on a server that has active admins kicking people then some random public server where its rife with script kids who download the latest aimbots, wallhacks, etc.

What's even the worst is that they use our clantag :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's not cool at all. We have no association with these guys at all :mad: :mad:

LOL ScYcS,

My squad tL aka Team 1337 and Team Leet has been around since 1997 playing Quake and Delta Force, we then went onto Joint Operations>COD2>COD4> and now BC2.

Are you the -TL- from the Tactical Losers squad that was heavy into COD4? I think I have -TL- Longshot on my friends list :)

So you think the above screenshots are hax?

I'm not accusing anyone of any cheats without seeing it myself. It's my credo and i've always lived by it. That's also how i administer our servers.

Btw, my clan is -=[tL.]=- and we're around since 1999, playing SOF II, TO, DOD:S and lately BFBC2 and MoH. www.totaleluschen.de is the website!!

lol, I guess there's alot of squads with the initials TL then :)

How do you guys think I was able to get the same score of 3130 with having 44 less kills?

Give ya hint, I wasn't running as medic...

scorel.jpg

Something to do with knifing people.
Really, Captain Obvious? But what's the difference between a double gold tag and a single bronze tag?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036475078 said:

How do you guys think I was able to get the same score of 3130 with having 44 less kills?

scorel.jpg

Photoshop? :D

It might not be "hacking" but it definitely is cheating. They're bringing their ability to another level through immoral means. How does that not bother you? Lets say you go toe to toe with one guy. You both start firing but because he hacking he is able to kill you first. But because it's not blatant you don't know.

But if he wasn't hacking you would have killed him. How could that NOT bother you?

It doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense to me is being bothered by it when you DON'T know it's hacking. How can it bother you unless you just assume someone is hacking? If it's not blatant enough that you can actually tell, you're just making a wild accusation based on absolutely nothing. If I know someone is cheating it bothers me even if they're not ruining the game, but if they're not ruining the game then short of them sitting beside me at a LAN there isn't really any way for me to know they're cheating so how COULD it bother me?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036475213 said:
lol, not photoshop. Keep guessing though :)

Not a BC2 pro or anything but I'm assuming assists or spot assists or something. Taking objectives.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036475213 said:
lol, not photoshop. Keep guessing though :)

Same score with one person being significantly lower(edit: lower in kills) *probably* means same vehicle all match. That's always how it happens with me and people I play with.

What doesn't make sense to me is being bothered by it when you DON'T know it's hacking. How can it bother you unless you just assume someone is hacking? If it's not blatant enough that you can actually tell, you're just making a wild accusation based on absolutely nothing. If I know someone is cheating it bothers me even if they're not ruining the game, but if they're not ruining the game then short of them sitting beside me at a LAN there isn't really any way for me to know they're cheating so how COULD it bother me?

The others seemed to be indicating that they knew someone was cheating, or at least had a strong suspicion and didn't care because they weren't cheating that much.

The others seemed to be indicating that they knew someone was cheating, or at least had a strong suspicion and didn't care because they weren't cheating that much.

That's not how I interpreted it. People were saying "Just because someone isn't blatant with it doesn't mean they're not hacking" and the response was "If they're not breaking the game, then what's the difference?" I don't fully agree, but I understand the point, and it's simply "If they aren't hacking in a way that you can detect, then how can you actually care?"

A strong suspicion of hacking isn't worth very much most of the time, and if you know someone is cheating then they must be hacking in a way that's blatant and disrupting the game(or sitting beside you). People have "known" I was cheating before, except for the fact that I wasn't. I'm not saying that I think it's OK to hack as long as you're not blatant about it, I'm just saying that it's impossible for me to get upset about it if I can't see that it's hacking.

It might not be "hacking" but it definitely is cheating. They're bringing their ability to another level through immoral means. How does that not bother you? Lets say you go toe to toe with one guy. You both start firing but because he hacking he is able to kill you first. But because it's not blatant you don't know.

But if he wasn't hacking you would have killed him. How could that NOT bother you?

It doesn't make sense.

Imagine this. If you owned a business and one of your employees was stealing money from the register, but it's just a little, $20 every week.

Is that okay to you?

But if you don't know he's hacking, the entire point is moot.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036475078 said:

scorel.jpg

Being a good player coupled with another good player on VoIP on a public server full of pillowbiters. Considering how few people are capable of even trying to shoot down the BH I would say it was a product of just flying in a circle with your chum buzzing away with gay abandon.

In other news it's been a while since I've had a group of friends on vent playing the same games. Does make a reasonable difference having just one reliable person on your team.

Last edited:
There are AUS servers for all games. I've seen a fair few. Why not just search for AUS in the search bar?

That's what I do, although the region is "oceania" which includes New Zealand. The problem is living in Tasmania, Australia's "island state" which has crappy internet.

I ended up reinstalling :cool: got into one decent server, and again it was after midnight. The smart thing would be to just stick to that one but come tomorrow it will either be empty or inexplicably laggy. It's very inconsistent.

scorel.jpg

Yep in a vehicle... I was doing some leet flying in the blackhawk :p I probably dodged
about 50 AT4's that round lol.

It's cool how you get awarded with so many bonus points for being the pilot, especially
when you have a good squad in the heli you can't be take down unless you have some
really skilled people shooting AT4's on the other team like ls.Ravic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZBP7cY8o8

When I have 3 of my squad mates in the heli with me it gets ugly... When I'm flying I
equip smoke and the passengers equip vehicle armor, this works out awesome since
those 2 perks can be stacked. We always have one person dedicated to repairing from
the inside of the blackhawk and shooting rockets and one person on the left side F3
minigun. It sux trying to keep a server from emptying out, get alot of rage quitters and
people calling out hax, usually we end up switching servers when this happens,
but NARing (Noob Air Raiding) is just 2 fun to stop :)...

106763899-4.jpg

106763887-4.jpg

Sorry if you misunderstood, When I said stack vehicle perks I meant only one of each... vehicle armor + smoke/flares is what you would want to use on a blackhawk... If you have (2) people in the heli with armor and (1) with smoke/flares you don't get double vehicle armor.

Vehicle armor in the blackhawk works great... I think the AT4 with no explosive damage leaves you with 7 health after getting hit... and getting hit with Gustav leaves you with 25 health. Not sure on the RPG.

Also using Improved Vehicle Warheads perk doesn't work in the blackhawk, it's only good for the attack heli's.

That's what I do, although the region is "oceania" which includes New Zealand. The problem is living in Tasmania, Australia's "island state" which has crappy internet.

I ended up reinstalling :cool: got into one decent server, and again it was after midnight. The smart thing would be to just stick to that one but come tomorrow it will either be empty or inexplicably laggy. It's very inconsistent.

It might also be due to some kind of traffic shaping on your ISP? I don't know if it's as prevalent in the colonies, but here in the motherland our ISPs tend to all be riding the be-a-slag bandwagon. 12am-8am is "off-peak" on mine, so if I download or game I get the best service between those hours.

One thing I wonder about the perks is to do with the 40mm shotgun: it seems to be treated as a "grenade" weapon simply because it uses the UGL, since using double grenades doubles the number of 40mm shotgun shells you can carry. But is the damage affected by increased explosives damage, then, or magnum ammo?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036475641 said:
Sorry if you misunderstood, When I said stack vehicle perks I meant only one of each... vehicle armor + smoke/flares is what you would want to use on a blackhawk... If you have (2) people in the heli with armor and (1) with smoke/flares you don't get double vehicle armor.

Vehicle armor in the blackhawk works great... I think the AT4 with no explosive damage leaves you with 7 health after getting hit... and getting hit with Gustav leaves you with 25 health. Not sure on the RPG.

Also using Improved Vehicle Warheads perk doesn't work in the blackhawk, it's only good for the attack heli's.

not so sure about that, i seem to kill people way faster with the dmg perk on blackhawk. unless its just placebo...

You play against scrubs.
lol, yep.. almost everyone's a scrub compared to us when we are in the blackhawk attacking :p

Last night we were playing in the server HabbitforHookers that had at least (6) level 50 clan guys with tags on... they mopped us up the 1st round of Valparaiso while we were on defense, they just rolled over our entire team up till the last set of bases where it finally ended, I could tell they were skilled players by how fast they were moving and the way they made sequenced attacks using smoke. It was a massacre and our team was sucking hardcore!

Then it was our turn to attack and by the 3rd set of bases 2 of my squadmates in my heli already had 40+ kills and only 4 deaths.. by the 3rd set of bases all of 6 of the level 50 clan guys left the server except for 1 that decided to stick it out... I asked him what happened, he said our blackhawk was full of shit. Usually when that happens I like to alt tab out pull up one of there stats on bfbcs.com and follow them into the other server they just joined, that really pisses people off when that happens lol.

Rank doesn't represent skill either, it's just play time not skill. Sometimes a good pilot with accurate shooters on the miniguns just can't be stopped...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eeibRDU1fw

I think it's pretty funny that you have all your graphics settings turned down.
That was when I had my gtx 260 in there and a E8500.. I had to run DX9 with low settings to maintain 100fps in game and 60fps while recording using fraps.

I actually just upgraded last week to a Q9650 and 5870 I run DX10 720p resolution @ 170hz with 4xAA 8xAF shadows and HBAO off and get around 125fps on average with it never dipping and never going below 60fps while recording. The game looks awesome, but the higher quality textures make it much harder to see people. Oh well I mostly fly the heli now so it's all good, more eye candy the better :p

Just going from a E8500 @ 4ghz to a Q9650 @ 3.8ghz made a huge increase, gained like 30fps. Then I went to Fry's and purchased (2) gtx 460's, gtx 470, gtx 480, 6870 and a 5870 and ran benchmarks with all of them... The 5870 came out on top. I returned the other cards :p I <3 Fry's Electronics!

ravic may be good at the at4, but he blows at the minigun.

and that server is seriously full of terribles. circle flying helos = dead in 5 seconds.

Ya those guys were horrible noobs at firing rockets, not even shooting the heli but a few times.

Wait till you see my video I'm making now.. some amazing air acrobatics with the blackhawk dodging multiple rockets at once getting tracer darted while not having a flares available to fire and out running the rocket thats locked on... also I average about 5-10 amazing saves per map where the rocket hits us takes us down to like 7 percent health and knocks us outta the zone, we barely get it repaired and back into the zone just in time to continue the ownage.

I like hovering and then just dodging the rockets as they come in, it really pisses of the enemy and gives the guy on the minigun much better accuracy.

I rarely fly in long distance circles like that, I agree I think its kinda noobish. I prefer to position the heli on key positions on the map where you can get the most kills and help your team take the bases.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036476040 said:
That was when I had my gtx 260 in there and a E8500.. I had to run DX9 with low settings to maintain 100fps in game and 60fps while recording using fraps.

I actually just upgraded last week to a Q9650 and 5870 I run DX10 720p resolution @ 170hz with 4xAA 8xAF shadows and HBAO off and get around 125fps on average with it never dipping and never going below 60fps while recording. The game looks awesome, but the higher quality textures make it much harder to see people. Oh well I mostly fly the heli now so it's all good, more eye candy the better :p

Just going from a E8500 @ 4ghz to a Q9650 @ 3.8ghz made a huge increase, gained like 30fps. Then I went to Fry's and purchased (2) gtx 460's, gtx 470, gtx 480, 6870 and a 5870 and ran benchmarks with all of them... The 5870 came out on top. I returned the other cards :p I <3 Fry's Electronics!

Ha. I thought you did it for an advantage.

damn I though Ravic was pretty good on the gunner for the most part. Server was full of terribles though it looks like

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036476083 said:
Ya those guys were horrible noobs at firing rockets, not even shooting the heli but a few times.

Wait till you see my video I'm making now.. some amazing air acrobatics with the blackhawk dodging multiple rockets at once getting tracer darted while not having a flares available to fire and out running the rocket thats locked on... also I average about 5-10 amazing saves per map where the rocket hits us takes us down to like 7 percent health and knocks us outta the zone, we barely get it repaired and back into the zone just in time to continue the ownage.

I like hovering and then just dodging the rockets as they come in, it really pisses of the enemy and gives the guy on the minigun much better accuracy.

I rarely fly in long distance circles like that, I agree I think its kinda noobish. I prefer to position the heli on key positions on the map where you can get the most kills and help your team take the bases.

I need to start playing with you. I cant pilot but I love the gunner position.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036476083 said:

yeah now that i found out how to disable the auto leveling its pretty fun flying. was annoying trying to dodge rockets with the auto leveling..

hurry up and upload the video damnit!

just a warning if your on one of the =E= servers and a hacker comes on. dont bother asking the admins to ban him because they wont do it. server owner was on while =salty= was playing. and because the hacking pos was on his team he refused to ban.

just a warning if your on one of the =E= servers and a hacker comes on. dont bother asking the admins to ban him because they wont do it. server owner was on while =salty= was playing. and because the hacking pos was on his team he refused to ban.

lol that name isn't even on the player names list for stats. certainly a fishy one.

Back