Bad Company 2

make sure you dont have the filter set to hardcore mode. because theres tons of servers full. at anytime theres between 40-50 servers with 20 or more people even at 3 am PST. so you might have something setup weird in your server filters.

I was seeing the same thing last night and far as I can tell I have it to show all game regardless.

Still can't figure out how people are so damn accurate with the 40mm Grenade sometimes. Also, I've found that smoke doesn't always save your ass. Oh and how the hell do people use the AUG and the F2000? Feels like I'm emptying the entire clip in the thing and still not getting kills.

Yeah I've found that a majority of my kills with the AUG have been headshot but I still fucking hate it. M416 or XM8 all day bitches.

Yeah I've found that a majority of my kills with the AUG have been headshot but I still fucking hate it. M416 or XM8 all day bitches.

yep i prefer the M416 as well but it sucks long range trying to hit some one hiding behind a friggin wall or object. god i hope they put the M16 in the vietnam game. if they dont it will be a crime. i want my fully auto m16 damnit! heck i wouldnt mind if they put the guns from the vietnam DLC into the original BC2. now that would make it real interesting(minus the flame thrower of course). and force people to upgrade their classes to get these weapons not just give them to everyone.

Still can't figure out how people are so damn accurate with the 40mm Grenade sometimes.
40mm grenades easy if you memorize portions of the map. i went 25-0 on the laguna map(the small one that only has the apc's in conquest). sat in my base launching 40mm grenades the entire time. waiting for my teammates to spot people and just started launching gernades til the person died.

I'm about to give up on BC2 on the PC. Seven or eight times out of ten, whenever I get the drop on somebody, the second and third rounds never hit (despite firing at a steady pace and having the stationary target lined up perfectly). The target then flees around a corner or just shoots and kills me. My KDR is appalling and I feel completely and utterly ineffective. This is in stark contrast to my 1.43 KDR on the Xbox 360 (714-499).

It is honestly more laggy on the PC than it is on the Xbox 360 in my experience. I'm sure this is not supposed to be the case but more to do with the fact that only the shittiest providers here in Aus have bothered to rent servers for BFBC2, and my distance to said servers is too big, but it's a sad state of affairs when the p2p consoles gives me a better experience than the normally-superior PC. Fuck Australia.

I'm about to give up on BC2 on the PC.

Hell, I'm done with PC games (especially BC2) because of the inability to keep hackers out. Punks come into the server, spamming LMGs (spawnkilling the parachuters on Port Valdez/Nelson Bay is the worst) and their teammates tell you to quit QQing when you ask for admin or one of them to TK the cheating SOB.

I'm going to just get a PS3 (need a blueray player + Netflicks device anyway) and call it done with.

Hell, I'm done with PC games (especially BC2) because of the inability to keep hackers out. Punks come into the server, spamming LMGs (spawnkilling the parachuters on Port Valdez/Nelson Bay is the worst) and their teammates tell you to quit QQing when you ask for admin or one of them to TK the cheating SOB.

I'm going to just get a PS3 (need a blueray player + Netflicks device anyway) and call it done with.

Hacking wouldn't be a problem if there was actually a good system in place. I rarely run into any hackers in say Team Fortress 2.

So... you're quitting PC gaming for console gaming because of... poorly designed, crappy console ports? Logic.

Hacking wouldn't be a problem if there was actually a good system in place. I rarely run into any hackers in say Team Fortress 2.

I doubt that's as much to do with the anti-cheat system as the sort of game and the rewards to be gained from hacking. VAC lets through plenty of cheats but TF2 has a random drop reward system and doesn't track KDR and whatnot. BC2 rewards points with unlocks in a linear fashion and big score bonuses with the weapon golds/plats.

lol spawn killing parachuters is easy.

I doubt that's as much to do with the anti-cheat system as the sort of game and the rewards to be gained from hacking. VAC lets through plenty of cheats but TF2 has a random drop reward system and doesn't track KDR and whatnot. BC2 rewards points with unlocks in a linear fashion and big score bonuses with the weapon golds/plats.

I don't understand. What does that have to do with someone running a program or manipulating files to gain an advantage?

I rarely run into hackers in BC2. Not sure what servers you guys are playing in, but I've seen less than 5 in 260hours.

I rarely run into hackers in BC2. Not sure what servers you guys are playing in, but I've seen less than 5 in 260hours.

I haven't been playing enough to tell honestly. I don't know how good punkbuster is, but I've never thought highly of it. It's also a crap shoot with what servers I find.

If anyone has some good ones let me know please.

Definitely check out the =E= servers, from what I can tell they are admin-enforced and always packed to the gills

The irony, though, is that someone a few pages back said something about a blatant hacker that frequently visited the =E= server - I even played with them on the server a few times.

Nevertheless, the =E= (and =|eGO|= for that matter) servers are pretty good.

Sounds like someone sucks at BC2. You don't have to play Valdez and Nelson if you can't hack it... as in not good enough. Do some research on the guns and think about which perks would better benifit your style. I hate when people QQ about hackers when the fact is they just suck. I used to be the sameway with Counter Strike until I sat down and learned how other people were playing. Now I can maintain around a 2.0 kd on CS bringing my total kd out of the ditch. Point is to find out your playing style. I like to be aggressive which means I will die. The way I negate that is to be sneaky about it. Instead of running full sprint into the middle of the field like a retard... I take side routes usually less taken to flank. I do this big time on Atacama desert in the 2nd stage of the rush.

I mostly play on 'The Meatlocker' for VAG clan. 26 max players, and almost always full. Most of the clan is really good so it's nice to have a challenge for a change. Plus they kick/slay/ban noob teams that snipe/camp instead of moving up in rush.

Also finally rerolled since H4XonM4X was getting me too many bans. Damn noobs who think they own on console and get rocked on pc then cry hax. Especially on std servers with all the bright red arrows pointing at their heads lol. I'm now N00B-less. Since only noobs tube, i'm not even going to play engy on this char.

I mostly play on 'The Meatlocker' for VAG clan. 26 max players, and almost always full. Most of the clan is really good so it's nice to have a challenge for a change. Plus they kick/slay/ban noob teams that snipe/camp instead of moving up in rush.

Also finally rerolled since H4XonM4X was getting me too many bans. Damn noobs who think they own on console and get rocked on pc then cry hax. Especially on std servers with all the bright red arrows pointing at their heads lol. I'm now N00B-less. Since only noobs tube, i'm not even going to play engy on this char.

Fuck that engineer owns. I used extra ammo with magnum ammo and rape shit with the UMP. The tube is backup, the UMP is a rape factory that launches rape cruise missles at every loser on the server.

Fuck that engineer owns. I used extra ammo with magnum ammo and rape shit with the UMP. The tube is backup, the UMP is a rape factory that launches rape cruise missles at every loser on the server.

LOL very eloquent. Engineer does indeed rape.

easy fix is sticking to servers running PB streaming. no matter what hackers cant get into those servers because it detects modified PB clients. where as servers not running PB streaming cant detect modified clients. the hacking isnt that bad. ive really only seen it a couple times and its always the same douche bags going to different servers. but then you get the crying people that call everyone a hacker because they get killed.

yeah the VAG people are pretty cool. use to play with them on ET:QW. very good players that are very team oriented so its fun playing with them.

only noob tube ive ever used in bc2 was the AT4. i hate playing engie. boring as hell. usually run recon with the m95 or G3 with sensor balls. so fun ruining ambushes by throwing a sensor ball into the middle of the enemy and mowing them over.

Last edited:
I don't understand. What does that have to do with someone running a program or manipulating files to gain an advantage?

Well, some people use hacks just to piss people off. Those are the ones who're clearly using hacks.

Others use them to get an edge in the game and progress quicker and get unlocks more easily. In those instances cheats aren't of any benefit in something like TF2.

PB is shit though.

Sounds like someone sucks at BC2. You don't have to play Valdez and Nelson if you can't hack it... as in not good enough. Do some research on the guns and think about which perks would better benifit your style. I hate when people QQ about hackers when the fact is they just suck. I used to be the sameway with Counter Strike until I sat down and learned how other people were playing. Now I can maintain around a 2.0 kd on CS bringing my total kd out of the ditch. Point is to find out your playing style. I like to be aggressive which means I will die. The way I negate that is to be sneaky about it. Instead of running full sprint into the middle of the field like a retard... I take side routes usually less taken to flank. I do this big time on Atacama desert in the 2nd stage of the rush.

Wow, the 'no one hacks in this game so you must suck' reply. How original. I guess the 9,000+ people banzored by PB are just misunderstood. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about everyone that gets the better of me. I'm talking about the hackers that use aimbots, spamming LMGs killing anything not behind solid cover (rocks, buildings, etc). Their score after a couple mins of the first stage of ANY Rush map is well over 30 kills and a death or two max.

Here's the latest guy I ran into on Z Gaming HC Rush 32 slot: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Triggger%20Happy Supposedly it does stream to PB but guys like this roll into ALL servers, wiping out everything in sight until they get banned or the server empties out. Note the clown's use of LMGs for the high magazine capacity.

I've played the BF series since the 1942 days and know how to play the FPS. I'm not the run down the middle Rambo type and am decent at these games. Not great just decent. I've played this game since Day 1, maxed out on rank and now just try to play for fun. I know this game and I know what works and what doesn't. I also know when some tard is hacking, especially if the idiot is blatent about it.

Let me close by saying if you haven't come across someone like this, you're either incredibly unobservant or just fucking ignorant.

Have a nice day.

easy fix is sticking to servers running PB streaming. no matter what hackers cant get into those servers because it detects modified PB clients. where as servers not running PB streaming cant detect modified clients. the hacking isnt that bad. ive really only seen it a couple times and its always the same douche bags going to different servers. but then you get the crying people that call everyone a hacker because they get killed..

Stupid question but how do you know if PB is streaming?

yep seen that guy before. there is also another guy that goes by the name grimreaper. has a bunch of characters between letters but cant remember the exact name but it spells out grimreaper. those 2 are the most obvious hackers and they just go into games to clear out servers. they dont even try to hide it. but theres only 1 server grimreaper isnt banned on and he specifically comes on after 9pm PST because none of the admins are on. once the server empties out he leaves. then we go back to that server after about 10 minutes and enjoy playing again without him. he rarely ever comes back after its been cleared out.

Alright Guys. My clan just put up a new Gameserver.

Search "MTTK" (More Time To Kill) in your server search. All of [H]ardforum gaming community is invited. We are currently recruiting members also. As soon as we get our website up and a full roster (both requirements for PB Bans), our server will have PB Bans streaming also. We are actively administrating it, and we do have a ventrilo server that we will make public as soon as we get it set up to our liking. It is currently running rush mode, but will eventually be doing some conquest maps as well (particularly Arica Harbor conquest).

Search "MTTK" (More Time To Kill) in your server search. All of [H]ardforum gaming community is invited. We are currently recruiting members also. As soon as we get our website up and a full roster (both requirements for PB Bans), our server will have PB Bans streaming also. We are actively administrating it, and we do have a ventrilo server that we will make public as soon as we get it set up to our liking. It is currently running rush mode, but will eventually be doing some conquest maps as well (particularly Arica Harbor conquest).

cool will check it out tomorrow.. im BC2'd out tonight. been playing for the last 4 hours.

where is the server located?

based on the ping to my location, either Los Angeles or Chicago. but since its empty it could also be New Jersey or Dallas.

just as a reference im seeing a 77 ping here in Spokane, Wa(eastern Washington state for those of you that have never heard of this place). i typically see 60-80 to LA, 80-100 dallas,30-50 for seattle and 70-80 for chicago and 100-120 for new jersey

Finally had my first decent match. For the most part, my bullets seemed to actually hit their target and I actually felt like I was having am impact instead of merely firing blanks while the other guy kills me. I should note that it was a server that I had never seen populated until now, and it was after 2:30am on a Sunday morning...

Then I started getting abuse from a player who kept crying about stacked teams and base-rape, then decided to target me after I told him to shut up. Kept trying to convince me that he was a far better player, despite me having double his kills, significantly more points and our team losing. Got to love people who need other players to masturbate their egos in a videogame.

Finally had my first decent match. For the most part, my bullets seemed to actually hit their target and I actually felt like I was having am impact instead of merely firing blanks while the other guy kills me. I should note that it was a server that I had never seen populated until now, and it was after 2:30am on a Sunday morning...

Then I started getting abuse from a player who kept crying about stacked teams and base-rape, then decided to target me after I told him to shut up. Kept trying to convince me that he was a far better player, despite me having double his kills, significantly more points and our team losing. Got to love people who need other players to masturbate their egos in a videogame.

You can block players comments from the chat. Dont know the command but it is there.

Could you teach me how to shoot? I know, it might sound terrible, but I just fail in close and long range combat. I'm rank 8 atm, running around mostly as assault with red dotted AUG. I can barely win a firefight, and I'm dying more than often because of snipers everywhere.

I'm playing on hardcore mode because actually it's easier for me to get a kill or two. But then the match is over and I'll get like 4/8 kills / deaths score. That sucks.

Any tips for a noob please? For example, in CoD:BO I"m at constant 1.6 - 2.0 ratio on hardcore maps. But that's just another story.

Long distance you have to lead the target according to distance, direction and speed. If they are running, lead them more. Close up? Do not zoom in and fire short, really short bursts to the head area. You are trying to headshot up close to get the fight over with before you take a hit. Hardcore I think you can just hit anything and they die so just keep it short burst and do not zoom in. That is very basic but a start anyway. Hardcore sucks imo. They need to make the game somewhere b/w hardcore and regular.

if your in the open DONT STOP MOVING!. try to stay out of windows as much as possible and if you are going to stand in them move around. even small movements throw off the hitbox making it harder for them to hit you(very annoying). try not to stay in spots where you can be ambushed and always check behind you if you are in a stationary position(love sneaking up on people crouched by walls or rocks not paying attention :D). also anything you learned in COD:BO completely forget about it because it doesnt work in BFBC2.

Could you teach me how to shoot? I know, it might sound terrible, but I just fail in close and long range combat. I'm rank 8 atm, running around mostly as assault with red dotted AUG. I can barely win a firefight, and I'm dying more than often because of snipers everywhere.

I'm playing on hardcore mode because actually it's easier for me to get a kill or two. But then the match is over and I'll get like 4/8 kills / deaths score. That sucks.

Any tips for a noob please? For example, in CoD:BO I"m at constant 1.6 - 2.0 ratio on hardcore maps. But that's just another story.

Are you firing from the hip up close or right clicking and trying to put the dot on people? In Hardcore mode without crosshairs it's imperative that you fire from the hip in close quarters. If not, you're losing precious time and thus the firefight.

You need to know the center of your screen at all times so that when you do come around a corner you just rotate your view (mouse axis) to put the guy in the center quickly. Open up on him with short bursts, tapping the left mouse button repeatedly. You can put a small dot on your screen with a pencil or something to help you or just do what I did and practice your reactions.

Go into an empty server and run around with any gun, focusing on putting objects (explosive barrels/boxes, gas tanks are great for this) in the center of your screen and shoot. In no time at all, you'll be able to snap your gun around on people and reactively fill em full of lead.

Thanks guys for the tips, they actually are very good, I'll check them out asap. Cheers!

Back