Bad Company 2

wtf is with the servers lately? I keep joining ones with a ping of 14 in the server browser, only to lag like a turtle.

I'm on a 100mbit connection, and people have pings of ~800... wtf?

Only in a different universe does what kind of connection you have share any relationship with the pings of others.

With that said, pings in game are more than double what they are in the browser.

I like how I just got 6 kills with one grenade, then one gustav shot later and the game crashes to desktop. Great coding.

Last edited:
I just recorded myself with fraps all last night. I'm not gonna put together a stupid montage of all my awesome kills last night, but ill post the entire videos even showing where i walked around a building when i knew damn well i should have been looking down the sights (but wasnt) and got blasted! Among other dumb stuff.

Had one hll of a grenade on Laguna Alta last night on the hill up to B coming from the Russian base I dropped one nade over the hill and got 4 guys lol.

I've been kinda bored so I've decided to use the Repair Tool to run around and kill people... I equip myself with Light Weight Kit and Armor.

Nothing is more fun the getting behind the enemy on Valporiso and going on a 10 kill rampage using the repair tool... people get pissed and also lol after they get owned with it.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036208964 said:
I've been kinda bored so I've decided to use the Repair Tool to run around and kill people... I equip myself with Light Weight Kit and Armor.

Nothing is more fun the getting behind the enemy on Valporiso and going on a 10 kill rampage using the repair tool... people get pissed and also lol after they get owned with it.

Medics paddles do the same thing and always surprise people..... they might be slower than the repair tool because of recharging.... It is a great tactic if you get interupted in the middle of a res...

Who here is excited for Vietnam?

my excitement is dwindling. not a reflection of the Vietnam expansion itself, but i've played so much BC2 that i'm getting burnt out. i'm sure by the time Vietnam is released i'll be ready to jump back in the saddle.

Rumor has it it will be $15.

Cool thing is that scores will go towards your ranking.

If you're 50 already I suppose it makes no odds. Or are the rankings extended beyond 50?

I like _Porter feel burnt out by BC2. I feel like a Vietnam Vet already and the game isn't even out yet!!

If you're 50 already I suppose it makes no odds. Or are the rankings extended beyond 50?

I like _Porter feel burnt out by BC2. I feel like a Vietnam Vet already and the game isn't even out yet!!

I got burnt out on the fairly shallow gameplay like 2 months after it came out. I just don't the like uber fast paced quake feel...So I am banking on them not screwing up BF3.

I uninstalled last night - spent too much time on this game and since I hit 50 there is no more reason to play.

If I had known I couldn't change my name later, yes I would have chosen something else. But I'm 43 now, so its not even worth starting a new character just to change the name. Would just be nice if people watched me play instead of assuming.

Whether you admit it or not, you created that handle to incite a reaction such as the one you're getting and now you're bitching about the reaction? Do you also complain if your ice cream is cold? :rolleyes:

I've hit 50 now and decided to platinum the 870 slug/mag ammo using either recon or assault kit. I feel like Hannibal Lecter with it; it tears people's faces clean off. :D

I've not really felt too cosy with the pump/slug combos. They're good fun and when you take people down with them it's rewarding, but I don't think there has been any time where I've been playing with another weapon and thought "I could have pulled that off if I had my slugs and magnum".

Scores of times I've found myself wishing I'd had a different gun when using the slug setup, however. I don't think the variety in server latencies helps. The people that swear by it, do you all play on one or two favourite servers, or just server-hop randomly like me?

just started flying helicopters lately, many hours of fun to be had for me :D

Do you use a Mouse/KB or a contoller? I don't have a controller and have had no luck with the M/KB. I take off and crash - it just seems too sensitive. Any suggestions, anyone? Or is it just lots of pratice??

Do you use a Mouse/KB or a contoller? I don't have a controller and have had no luck with the M/KB. I take off and crash - it just seems too sensitive. Any suggestions, anyone? Or is it just lots of pratice??

I might suggest you get a mouse w/ sensitivity butttons on it, so you can change it, depending on if you have a sniper rife or assault gun in your hand, or flying a heli.....makes all the difference in the world. I recommend logitech. Keyboard muscle memory and shortcut keys comes w/ experience and time.

No I use a trackball, never liked using a mouse for anything. Almost every time I pilot I get praised and pull of some pretty crazy stuff in the choppers.

I've not really felt too cosy with the pump/slug combos. They're good fun and when you take people down with them it's rewarding, but I don't think there has been any time where I've been playing with another weapon and thought "I could have pulled that off if I had my slugs and magnum".

Scores of times I've found myself wishing I'd had a different gun when using the slug setup, however. I don't think the variety in server latencies helps. The people that swear by it, do you all play on one or two favourite servers, or just server-hop randomly like me?
I server hop randomly, but always choose a server with ping of 75 or below and prefer 26-28 man server over 32 since there is usually less lag... I use SPAS-12, Slugs, Magnum with all my kits... For me it's a huge advantage because I can take out snipers at long range and also dominate in close combat as long as I have good frames...

You need to make sure you have a good solid fps when using a slug setup, I use a custom config with very low graphics settings and average 60fps in heavy battle / 100-150fps in empty server... if your droppin into the high 30's to low 40's it defiantly effects ability to pull off quick snap shots, drag shots, etc. when using the slugs.... I'll often get 4 headshot kills in one clip in close combat.

In my opinion using an LMG, AN94, or any other assault rifle, it's much easier to get kills with it because you have a much higher chance of hitting the enemy, shotty slug there is more skill involved, it's like CS:S scoutknives and COD2 rifles only, single shot, but you need accuracy, if you miss the 1st shot, your pretty much dead. My accuracy of 8000 kills with SPAS-12 is at almost 50% and I'm at 25% headshots.

The more you use it the better you will get with it, if they ever patch it and add bullet drop, I'll be screwed though lol. :p :)

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036217993 said:
I use SPAS-12, Slugs, Magnum with all my kits...

shiznilti, why do you prefer the spas-12 over the 870?

I know people don't put 100% of their trust into the in-game weapon stats, so want to hear why you like it better?

For me I like both equally, the SPAS has faster second shot is the biggest reason for me. The bigger weapon model is a PITA though.

My final stats with the 870 using slugs and mag ammo and comparison to the Saiga:

870 Combat 34h 27m 15s 1,613 kills, 323 headshots, 24,837 shots fired, 5,528 shots hit, 22.26% accuracy
Saiga 20k Semi 39h 08m 21s 1,904 kills, 497 headshots, 212,132 shots fired, 29,046 shots hit, 13.69% accuracy

The Saiga I always ran with the 12 round clip and generally lightweight pack or more ammo. I fired a lot of rounds outta that Saiga lol.

Last edited:
My final stats with the 870 using slugs and mag ammo and comparison to the Saiga:

870 Combat 34h 27m 15s 1,613 kills, 323 headshots, 24,837 shots fired, 5,528 shots hit, 22.26% accuracy
Saiga 20k Semi 39h 08m 21s 1,904 kills, 497 headshots, 212,132 shots fired, 29,046 shots hit, 13.69% accuracy

The Saiga I always ran with the 12 round clip and generally lightweight pack or more ammo. I fired a lot of rounds outta that Saiga lol.

Any way to show the number of deaths you had during that time with each weapon?

shiznilti, why do you prefer the spas-12 over the 870?

I know people don't put 100% of their trust into the in-game weapon stats, so want to hear why you like it better?

870 / SPAS-12 and Neostead 2000 all have the same damage, even though the in game shows the Neostead having more, it really doesn't... Ive done tests and so have some other people and they are all the same in damage they do.

The only difference is that on the Neostead you are more likely to get stuck in a reload because you have to reload 2 bullets at a time which takes longer then a reload of a single bullet from the 870 or SPAS-12. If I'm in a close combat battle and I only need 1 more shot to kill an enemy, I will just reload a single bullet, not wait for all 2-4 bullets to reload.

I think the SPAS-12 looks cooler then the 870 and you see less people using it, so that's why I've stuck with it :p

And the last reason why I like it better is that it kinda looks like my own personal mossy 500 that I have with top folding stock...

mossberg50001.jpg

mossberg50004.jpg

i tried a gamepad but my yaw is inversed and there isn't a setting to correct it. I go full keyboard and do pretty well flying.

For me I like both equally, the SPAS has faster second shot is the biggest reason for me. The bigger weapon model is a PITA though.

have you tried adjusting your fov? Everybody complains about the weapon model being to large but if your field of view is adjusted to be adequate for your resolution than it really isn't that bad. The game is by default "zoomed in" as it's based off the console version. I scaled my fov back so that it works with my resolution and I don't have an issues. The spas is the only shotgun I use, love it.
http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

I want a shotty with a flamethrower attachment. Oh, and a new map before Vietnam. Both pipe dreams. Oh, and fix that fing text chat blue screen? Seriously, how hard would that be? This is why they need to let modders work on their games.

Hey, its me again crying about hacks. This one is a gamebreaker though. Im in a conquest server and all of a sudden my entire team gets ported to some random spawnpoint. I figured it was just a bug but then it kept happening (just to my team) whenever we would get close to capping something.

Between vac and pb, you would think this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

Well, it looks like there is a new "Teleport" hack out there destroying the game. They can teleport whole teams or individual players wherever they want, any point on the map, even out of bounds. Hackers place C4's/mortars and then force whole enemy team to spawn in the middle of the mess. Ea forums are on fire with people complaining about it on many servers, they have some clips of what is happening, and it looks bad. I hope Dice/PB will take care of this ASAP.

Well, it looks like there is a new "Teleport" hack out there destroying the game. They can teleport whole teams or individual players wherever they want, any point on the map, even out of bounds. Hackers place C4's/mortars and then force whole enemy team to spawn in the middle of the mess. Ea forums are on fire with people complaining about it on many servers, they have some clips of what is happening, and it looks bad. I hope Dice/PB will take care of this ASAP.

PB might, Dice will do nothing. They have one guy doing patches and he appears to be drunk most of the time.

Yeah. This has suddenly appeared on the server I admin on. PBBANS is aware of this and is looking into it. Also there is another one where he can cause people to suicide at will. Also even through we keep banning them the bans keep getting removed.

Back