Bad Company 2

I cant seem to get the hit reg settings to stick in the GameSettings.ini file. I set them, but once the game starts its back to what CannonDub posted. Ive tried changing before launch, after launch, and right before joining a server and it all gets reverted.

Any Suggestions?

True that, I've raged over unbalanced teams and stupid players more than any bug/glitch in the game. Steamrolled by a stacked team since a clan wants to be on one side is ok whatever... Steamrolled by a mediocre team because your own team is defending the spawn point instead mcoms is ;alkej;fraid;fjlakj.

I wish there was a function to enable friendly fire when teammates flee from an objective or stay in the spawn point too long :D

How about teammates that don't want to destroy tanks in Rush. I always see about five engineers and six snipers ignoring the tank shooting at the mcom.
A simple rocket, c4 or mortar strike will push the tank back, but they are focusing on missing headshots and killing people with the Gustav.
One time I got everyone to rush the tank every time they got it, the other team didn't destroy a single mcom when on offense. No tank for other team means easy win. Heli is easily destroyed unless they ram the mcom with it.

I cant seem to get the hit reg settings to stick in the GameSettings.ini file. I set them, but once the game starts its back to what CannonDub posted. Ive tried changing before launch, after launch, and right before joining a server and it all gets reverted.

Any Suggestions?

It disappears for me also. I erased the text and play the game as is. No difference when I had the text in the file. I think that fix was before the recent patches so I doubt it works like before.

:rolleyes: And your an idiot for being a whining crybaby. Your Internet connection probably sucks and your probably terrible at computers. I bet your also one of the many that go around screaming h4x when some else gets like 50 kills while u camp behind a destructible wall and can't shoot a straight shot.

Right, cause I've only been building computers for about 8 years now? My connection doesn't (completely) suck either. Plus, let's not forget that this shit is a widespread problem.

Also, no, I don't "call h4x" on people. I'm just sick of the bullshit that is online fps gaming now. The whole hardcore aspect of it is long gone thanks to consoles. I seriously can't remember a day where I have played BC2 and didn't see someone call hacks on someone for being half decent or bitching like they were 12.

My complaints are all legitimate and happen to way too many people for it to be me being "terrible at computers." Care to try again?

Edit: Not trying to derail this thread. Just voicing an opinion. Also, sorry for calling you an idiot, I was having a shitty day.

Last edited:
Also, I see some players running around with Medikits in hand at a fast pace knifing everyone. Is this a hack? I think so.

I think not, you're just new to BF games. In older games you'd heal yourself with the medpack out and it's faster to deploy if you're dedicated to knifing. They're also using the lightweight perk, which makes them move faster.

I see people like this from time to time (including the knife king, timsad) and can kill him just fine.

As far as hit reg goes, yes it can be dodgy, but for the most part it's fine. Slugs/bolt rifles seem to amplify the issue since they're one shot better hope there's no reg problem weapons.

For the most part, http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/not%20sober I can kill people just fine. There's certainly some issues with the game, but for the most part, it plays very well.

The bugs that bother me the most are the fact that the game STILL doesn't count kills correctly (just plain doesn't count them), C4 is buggy as shit and the knife doesn't like to kill multiple people quickly in a row, which is frustrating.

All in all, great game.

Any Suggestions?

Yeah don't bother, it's not needed and it's debatable if it's even a valid variable.

Almost 3.00 KDR. You've gotten real good!

Oh how I miss playing this game with friends (though not the timesink it caused).

Thanks :p You make me wonder if I know you in RL (I know you from here); My friends wonder why my girlfriend takes all my time.

It, like most games, is a time sink of you want to get good at it. Personally I prefer the woman, so for now she takes priority :D All my other time is pretty much playing BCBF2 and shooting :)

Oh and I currently live up to my game name, "Not Sober".

Should I show up for work tomorrow? I think not :)

Yes the game is absolutely worth buying.

Not to say its without issues. And I agree the current argument running right now in regards to hit detection. I hate with a passion how I still take hits AFTER moving behind cover. (cover you shouldnt be able to shoot through)

This happens alot, dive behind solid cover and a second later you're still taking hits and dead

It evens out though, it's the same for everyone. The amount of times I've been surprised I've got a kill is noticeable.

The hit detection on the whole is better than it was post patch.

Last edited:
I hate achievements and stats, it is what makes some exit the round just before their team loses to maintain a green W/L rate

I don't get why people leave at the end to maintain their WL ratio. I will always stick around as I want my award bonuses. I'll only leave if I've just joined and the game is ending, why should I take someone elses loss

Has anyone tried the PP-2000? awesome weapon. I can pick enemy off from ridiculous distance, it so accurate, like shooting needles.

I found some great weapons platinuming class weapons. AKS-74U is a favourite. Just a few more weapons to go and I'll have all Engineer platinums to go with all Medic and Assault weapons. I probably won't bother with the Recon weapons, almost rank 50 and no desire to play sniper bush wookie.

I plan to quit as soon as I get there, I have become a little obsessed. I want my free time back to do more productive things

Really great game though and 350 hours of fun. You can't argue with that.

Last edited:
Yep, its a pretty decent fix for hit registers.

You have to add these 2 lines to 2 different files, gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder. It would be wise to make a backup copy of the original files. Add "old" or "original" to the filename or something, then its a simple file rename if it doesn't work.

First to the gamesettings.ini file.

Add the above lines BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING LINES:

IntroPlayed=1
[GstPersistence]

So it looks like this when done:

IntroPlayed=1
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0450000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 45
[GstPersistence]

Then go to the settings.ini file and add the same 2 lines to the very bottom.

How does it work? Its not a cheat, its a bug from battlefield 2. The game engine by default compensates for 100ms pings/lag, but DICE should have figured out how to make this value dynamic by now. Basically, if your ping is lower than that, you have to aim behind the target's direction of motion. Change that number (45 in this case) to a number that is around the average ping of the servers you normally connect to. It should be the same ping number that shows up in the game's server browser before you connect. If you still don't see server pings in your game's browser, run the game as an administrator.

For example, if most of the servers you connect to are somewhere around 75ms change the values to look like this:
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0750000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 75

Here's a vid on how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZPhcwkSw0&feature=player_embedded
Pay real close attention to the 1:30 mark. He changes the value to the ping that is shown while IN-GAME (the value that is normally higher), and HIS HITS STOP REGISTERING. That is why it is extremely important to set the value to the ping value found in the server browser before you connect.

this is stupid and fake. the developers themselves confirmed that this doesn't do anything.

hmm yes a completely new engine somehow parses commands designed for an engine that is half a decade old at this point despite the fact that no other setting anywhere uses remotely close to that kind of formatting for stuff.

Almost 3.00 KDR. You've gotten real good!

Oh how I miss playing this game with friends (though not the timesink it caused).

Not to take away from this guy's skill or anything but dont read too much into KDR.

High KDR's are sometimes a result of lots of sniping or tank driving.

With a half smart engineer I can run around a map in a tank and get 20-30 kills all the time and only die 6 or 7 deaths. Not to say thats what he was doing though.

Do you need a quadcore to get a decent frame rate in this game?

Also, how does HP work? Do you just get bloody and have to take cover to regen your HP ala COD or do you have a health bar?

So last night we get these pubbers from ESAW clan (http://www.esaw2012.com/) on our server all level 50. They are talking smack, sniping from their own spawn and from the reverse sides of hills and never missing. We call them on it and they start bitching and moaning about the way we run our server so we ban the lot of them. These loosers then come onto our Forum, PCperspective and start spamming curse threads and trash all over the place like some 10 year olds.

We do some google on them and find that they were know hackers and tried to slip by PBBANs claiming that the 1 hacker Wreckahoe is not part of their clan. LOL he was the 1st one we banned last night.http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t60207.html

I went from an E6600 to a Q9550 recently (neither OC'd) and I see a huge improvement. An OC'd dual would probable do fine if it was cranked at least to 3.0 GHz....

Also, how does HP work? Do you just get bloody and have to take cover to regen your HP ala COD or do you have a health bar?

When you get hit you can either recover by standing by a health kit (from a medic) or "hide" for a while. It is kind of a bastardization of both ways to recover... You see blood on the screen, depending on how badly you are hurt (it isn't as annoying as MWF2).

BTW, this is a great game - really epic battles, especially playing Rush. It is a bit daunting at first, but very rewarding in the end. There is lots to do and a lot of re-playability. Highly recommended. :cool:

When you get hit you can either recover by standing by a health kit (from a medic) or "hide" for a while. It is kind of a bastardization of both ways to recover... You see blood on the screen, depending on how badly you are hurt (it isn't as annoying as MWF2).

i believe that even when the 'blood' on your screen subsides, you are still not at full health. the only way to regain health is to stand near a medpack.

i believe that even when the 'blood' on your screen subsides, you are still not at full health. the only way to regain health is to stand near a medpack.

Pretty sure you can go back to full health without a medpack, it just takes a lot longer. You're right about the blood though, I don't think you actually see much blood until you're pretty low, 30-40% maybe? So just because you don't see blood doesn't mean you're at full health. Also, when you're standing on a medpack you'll know you've hit full health because you'll hear a sound...almost like someone breathing in really sharply?

Not to take away from this guy's skill or anything but dont read too much into KDR.

High KDR's are sometimes a result of lots of sniping or tank driving.

With a half smart engineer I can run around a map in a tank and get 20-30 kills all the time and only die 6 or 7 deaths. Not to say thats what he was doing though.

Regardless of how he got his kills, it does take skill to get to 3.0 KDR.

That being said, if you look at his stats, you'll see an even distribution of ratios through all four kits, as well as platinum status on at least a dozen guns, if I can recall.

I ended up at 2.13 KDR when I hit level 50. This is coming from being under 1.00 KDR before I hit level 20 (dual core and 8800gts 320mb didn't help). I've gold'd every gun and platinum'd at least 10. So I know what it's like to purposely NOT choose the best gun available 1) for the extra challenge and 2) to unlock more gold/ platinum medals.

Basically, he's a more than legit player.

I went from an E6600 to a Q9550 recently (neither OC'd) and I see a huge improvement. An OC'd dual would probable do fine if it was cranked at least to 3.0 GHz....

I had my old e6420 at 3.2ghz and it still sucked compared to how my q9550 runs stock (2.83ghz).

I guess I stand correct on both counts...:eek:

I had my old e6420 at 3.2ghz and it still sucked compared to how my q9550 runs stock (2.83ghz).

Pretty sure you can go back to full health without a medpack, it just takes a lot longer. You're right about the blood though, I don't think you actually see much blood until you're pretty low, 30-40% maybe? So just because you don't see blood doesn't mean you're at full health. Also, when you're standing on a medpack you'll know you've hit full health because you'll hear a sound...almost like someone breathing in really sharply?

Yeah, the blood only lasts a few seconds and it an indication that you are going to die really soon if you get hit again. I have never noticed the "sound" thing.... I will have to listen more closely.

Yeah, the blood only lasts a few seconds and it an indication that you are going to die really soon if you get hit again. I have never noticed the "sound" thing.... I will have to listen more closely.

I probably only noticed it because that's how you could tell you were back at full health again in the single-player campaign, but yeah, it sounds like a sharp breath in basically.

Regardless of how he got his kills, it does take skill to get to 3.0 KDR.

That being said, if you look at his stats, you'll see an even distribution of ratios through all four kits, as well as platinum status on at least a dozen guns, if I can recall.

I ended up at 2.13 KDR when I hit level 50. This is coming from being under 1.00 KDR before I hit level 20 (dual core and 8800gts 320mb didn't help). I've gold'd every gun and platinum'd at least 10. So I know what it's like to purposely NOT choose the best gun available 1) for the extra challenge and 2) to unlock more gold/ platinum medals.

Basically, he's a more than legit player.

Apparently you didnt read the parts in my post that said "Not to take away from this guy's skill or anything" or "Not to say thats what he was doing though."

Allow me to explain. I was not talking about HIM specifically. I was speaking in general. Nor did I say it didnt take skill to reach a 3.0KDR. I merely explained how there are ways in which its easier to do so.

Read this, theres ALOT of it on this forum, its what you did. Maybe you didnt do it on purpose, but try to avoid it.

Last edited:
I probably only noticed it because that's how you could tell you were back at full health again in the single-player campaign, but yeah, it sounds like a sharp breath in basically.

Yeah, it makes a sound once you're back to full health, like a 'sheeeissshhhh'! sound. Bit like a door opening on the Starship Enterprise. Easily heard with cans on.

Lovely sound, means all is good again, fight on!

Game works perfectly for me and many others. Maybe your PC is a POS and isn't up to running this game properly?

Game has constant poor reg issues and random glitches for me and many others, which have been well documented, discussed, and video-captured.

Maybe you're too mediocre of a player to notice?

:rolleyes: And your... being a whining crybaby.

I love it when people start calling those who aren't willing to settle for paying for sub-average quality "whiners". :rolleyes:

Not to take away from skill? 3.0 K/D is kinda meaningless when most of it is SMG's and noob tube kills... I'm sure if I just went engie and started blasting the crap out of everything i could easily start flying up the K/D ratio. But I prefer not to fight like a puss like all the people we complain about.

And the game definately has issues hitting, I have put 5+ garand shots into someones chest at point blank, and saw the little X each time, only to have him kill me with 2 SMG shots and still have 80% health. It's fucking stupid sometimes, but I think it has more to do with the crappy lag compensation. Same thing with getting hit while being around a building. Even though I have <100ms ping and so does he, I will still get hit for much more than a second after rounding a corner. Heck I have had it where I'm already at the half way point of the wall I ran around only to finally die by the guy on the other side of the building.

Right, cause I've only been building computers for about 8 years now? My connection doesn't (completely) suck either. Plus, let's not forget that this shit is a widespread problem
*snip*
My complaints are all legitimate and happen to way too many people for it to be me being "terrible at computers." Care to try again?

Game has constant poor reg issues and random glitches for me and many others, which have been well documented, discussed, and video-captured.
*snip*
I love it when people start calling those who aren't willing to settle for paying for sub-average quality "whiners". :rolleyes:

*thumbsup* I agree with the both of you, some of the bugs in this game are rediculous. The game was fun when it first came out, but like TF2 I got bored very fast.

It's funny how butthurt people get when you call one of their favorite games shit because of the bugs.

I'm confused. Some people say the game is broken and others say it's not. Who's right and who isn't?

I'm confused. Some people say the game is broken and others say it's not. Who's right and who isn't?

Does it really matter?

Play to play. Have I missed shots that I'm farily sure were spot on and going wtf while some dude face rolled me? Yes. Likewise I've had other dumb luck shots where I'm left going, "wtf, how did I managed that?". To me, it is still a fun game, I could careless about K/D ratio as long as my team works together to get flags in conquest and marks enemies.

My i3 530 at stock speeds does pretty well. Admittedly it's not as smooth as when I was running my X6 1055t, but I still average around 60fps with my lows in the 40s and the highs around 100. It was noticeably better when I was at 4.4ghz, but I'm too lazy to put this aftermarket heatsink back on :p

The game is playable. "broken" is a strong term and implies that you're going to be crashing constantly or otherwise will be unable to reliably play. (Though I guess there are still people getting stuff like that from PB and certain game crashes.) It's still worth buying if you can get it on sale for $20-30 like some of these sales that have been posted around here, especially if you consider there are very few alternative new FPSs that are out right now. It can still be a lot of fun.

Just prepare to be frustrated fairly frequently by bugs causing you to die, or otherwise causing things to happen outside of your control. These are going to annoy you far more if you're the type of player who plays games to win/increase your skill; as opposed to mindlessly running around holding fire down or spamming rocket launchers with the explosive perk.

Let me put it this way; How many threads about broken games do you know of that reach almost 8,000 posts? The game isn't perfect, but it's obviously got something going for it.

Not to take away from skill? 3.0 K/D is kinda meaningless when most of it is SMG's and noob tube kills...

Not that I really care, but you should look at my stats a bit closer before insulting me. I'll play you anytime with any weapon in the game :)

I don't think anyone is saying the game doesn't have issues (which one doesn't sans solitaire) but I still don't think it's as bad as some people say it is.

There are bugs, it's not perfect, but for the most part is plays well. The exception is crappy, laggy servers, which there are plenty.

Without reading your useless link, let me say, "Way to take things personally!"

Nothing was taken personally. I merely found the flaw in your logic and corrected it. Then gave you a link to some information which might help you not make that mistake again. The link is far from useless. Apparently you and many other people around here would benefit from taking 45 seconds to read it.

Not that I really care, but you should look at my stats a bit closer before insulting me. I'll play you anytime with any weapon in the game :)

I don't think anyone is saying the game doesn't have issues (which one doesn't sans solitaire) but I still don't think it's as bad as some people say it is.

There are bugs, it's not perfect, but for the most part is plays well. The exception is crappy, laggy servers, which there are plenty.

He wasn't insulting you, he was saying that it's easy to get an impressive KDR by playing a certain way and that people shouldn't jump to the conclusion that people with a high KDR are skilled players.

Wohoo! Earned my platinum hand grenade and plainum AN-94 Akeban tonight, my fifth and sixth platinums.

Next up is my M60 (I should have stuck with one medic gun, instead of jumping around so much).

i've got to say, this game had a pretty big learning curve for me. I really should have played CS more. Instead I played too much Left 4 Dead, which led to bad habits that destroyed my k/d.

Now that I've got the hang of the more "twitchy" tactical gameplay, I'm glad to say I am doing much better, Although, I do tend to suicide for the objective way more than I should.

I used fraps build in Benchmark and after 3min, some shooting and blowing up stuf and getting fired upon with rpg's while driving around my min was 55fps, my average was 85 fps and my max was a 116 fps.

Settings max detail 16x AF , 32x AA, 1920 x 1080 DX11

Good engine I'd say!

Turned Vsync on against the tearing otherwise the game runs smooth.
Haven't tried the multiplayer yet...

i've got to say, this game had a pretty big learning curve for me. I really should have played CS more. Instead I played too much Left 4 Dead, which led to bad habits that destroyed my k/d.

Now that I've got the hang of the more "twitchy" tactical gameplay, I'm glad to say I am doing much better, Although, I do tend to suicide for the objective way more than I should.

I know exactly what you mean. I played alot of Unreal tournament and still even at lvl 30 I sometimes tend to run out guns blazing. While fun it gets you killed pretty quick. Old habits are hard to kick.

I know exactly what you mean. I played alot of Unreal tournament and still even at lvl 30 I sometimes tend to run out guns blazing. While fun it gets you killed pretty quick. Old habits are hard to kick.

Yeah, I came from MW2 and TF2 it was a bloody steep learning curve. I got so fed up I nearly gave up.

BC2 demands some thought, heading in all guns blazing will get you killed and fast. Playing it as a TF2 Soldier was not a good idea!

Hell, I was 0.69 KDR with 1200 kills in the negative up to level 20 and then I learnt the play style and the way to succeed. Now I'm nearly 10,000 kills up

I wonder how it works in reverse, if I go back to TF2 and MW will I be totally shit now?

it's my only Engineer weapon with platin ;)

Nice, I think it got nerfed in the last patch but it's still a great weapon. Pre patch it must have been unreal. Only criticism is that I run out of ammo so fast. I'm always requesting ammo or picking up other kit. I always go with a tracer so no pistol as a backup

Engineer weapons from best to worst IMHO!

UMP-45 > PP-2000 > AKS-74U > XM8-C > Scar-L > 9A-91 > Uzi

I'd recommend the SMGs to anyone, (red dot and magnum). More accurate and better KDRs than LMGs so far. Medic's try it!

Last edited:
Back