Bad Company 2

It seems to run better with my X-Fi. Vista 64 bit. I do not get freezes ever now.

Btw, since the bans, I have been seeing some really EXCELLENT low level players today. lol

It never ends. Assholes.

did I hear vehicles :D

Capture089691.jpg

Very impressive, played a lot of Atacama or Arica?

I have only 19 Anti Vehicle pins. :eek: I should stop playing infantry only Nelson Bay, but I love shotgun Recon on that map.

interesting, do you have a link that says it's caused by on-board audio? i get freezes sometimes after a few hours of play, but i've just assumed it's caused by my cpu OC. maybe i should throw my xfi back in?

on second thought, i'm almost positive the audio in BC2 is handled by the CPU. anyone have input on this?

I've seen it mentioned many times as I googled the issue that I was having. There are also a Youtube video that portrays the exact problem that I have. Unfortunately, I don't have Youtube access at work so I can't link to it. The guy in the video solved his problem by installing a sound card. Does anyone here use onboard audio only and still play BC2?

I've been using on board audio with this game since it came out, no freezes or crashes.

Does anyone here use onboard audio only and still play BC2?

I use onboard audio and typically can play BC2 as long as I want. Occassionally, I'll hit the white screen but I'm pretty sure that is related to ATI's AMD drivers (or video card overheating?) as opposed to issues with onboard audio.

I do plan on getting a dedicated sound card sometime since it would help reduce the CPU.

Very impressive, played a lot of Atacama or Arica?

I have only 19 Anti Vehicle pins. :eek: I should stop playing infantry only Nelson Bay, but I love shotgun Recon on that map.

no I rarely play Atacama and hate the beginning of Arica. but whenever there is a tank or heli with the other team my main and only objective becomes destroying it.

but maybe I got most of those pins when with the defenders in Isla specially when the attackers get stuck at the first set, here is what I do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1IZDig-8w

I recorded the heli’s part but I also use it against jet skis and boats :D

edit: oh-my-gawd :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1l-HmhN3Y&feature=search

Last edited:
I just finished the SP campaign a couple days ago and have been trying to get into MP, I'm a noob at MP FPS's so i choose noob servers. One thing that chaps my ass is lvl 50's on a server thats for lvl 1-20's

I just finished the SP campaign a couple days ago and have been trying to get into MP, I'm a noob at MP FPS's so i choose noob servers. One thing that chaps my ass is lvl 50's on a server thats for lvl 1-20's

I agree completely. Normally though you can find noob servers with admins that will kick/ban anyone over a certain level. There's several times I've played on a noob server that had a rule that if you were pwning the other team too much and were over a certain level, they'd kick you.

Might try looking around for a noob server with admins active.

You'll never get any better if you only play against people just as good as or worse that you.

You'll never get any better if you only play against people just as good as or worse that you.

Perfectly valid statement however not everyone plays "to get better" some just want to get that one Macgyver like kill others just wannna relieve stress after a long day at work. Lots of reasons people play besides "to get better".

no I rarely play Atacama and hate the beginning of Arica. but whenever there is a tank or heli with the other team my main and only objective becomes destroying it.

but maybe I got most of those pins when with the defenders in Isla specially when the attackers get stuck at the first set, here is what I do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1IZDig-8w

I recorded the heli’s part but I also use it against jet skis and boats :D
Sweet tracer skills man, good work!

Good Vid

Question:

When playing RUSH, there a players that accumulate more points while doing less work.
I can have 31 kills, 2 MCOM stations destroyed and MCOM attack kills and only end up with about 2000-3000 points in a round.

Then other players will have 15-20 kills, what they did on the map is unknown but they will end up with 4-6000+ points in a round.

What are they doing that I'm not. Trying to see if I'm not using the map correctly.

Good Vid

Question:

When playing RUSH, there a players that accumulate more points while doing less work.
I can have 31 kills, 2 MCOM stations destroyed and MCOM attack kills and only end up with about 2000-3000 points in a round.

Then other players will have 15-20 kills, what they did on the map is unknown but they will end up with 4-6000+ points in a round.

What are they doing that I'm not. Trying to see if I'm not using the map correctly.

First thought, medics? Medics rank in a ton of points if played right, constant rezzes and med pack drops.

First thought, medics? Medics rank in a ton of points if played right, constant rezzes and med pack drops.

There are players of all classes who does this. Usually the people who are ranked 40+ run up the score like that. I'm a 33 so I have all the unlockables also.
One player was a Sniper and finished with 8000 points. I just want to know if I should change my playing style from trying to get the most kills and destroys.
I also help the team with ammo and repairs. They are still getting double the total points.

Medic heals and revives can definitely rake in some big points and vehicle whoring/repairing with a squadmate can get you there in a round.

Long range sniping on isla inocentes brings me 200+ points per kill, best I had was 26 kills and 6800 points attacking in a round.

Yeah, some players score over 300 points per minute, consistently. I'm scoring 233 despite playing to win, going for objective, great KDRs recently but I'm finishing mid table. I only have 75 Ace pins despite playing 1000 rounds.

Hell I went 45 - 10 yesterday and came 5th. Superior KDR to anyone else by a distance, go figure. Perhaps because I was playing Engineer with XMP - C rather than a points whoring Medic! Only 'extra' points came from vehicle destroys and repairs.

kf4lty.jpg

Last edited:
I've done 8000 pts on valparaiso sniping as an attacker, I just wanted to make sure my SV98 was still an automatic headshot machine :D

If you're trying to raise your score per round, then yea definitely change the way you play although it might be boring ; /
I can bring in big points in any round, but losing is still the most annoying.

Medic heals and revives can definitely rake in some big points and vehicle whoring/repairing with a squadmate can get you there in a round.

Long range sniping on isla inocentes brings me 200+ points per kill, best I had was 26 kills and 6800 points attacking in a round.

I think that's it. Sniping and medic classes. I rarely play sniper class but when I do, that 200+ points a kill total is realistic. Got a lot of marksman points but it's not as exciting to play to me. I play engineer and assault mostly. I'll probably switch over to medic when I'm finished platinum my current weapon.

Just got EA to activate my Veteran status. I can now get the M1 Garand...once I actually buy Bad Company 2! Is the Garand any good?

Just got EA to activate my Veteran status. I can now get the M1 Garand...once I actually buy Bad Company 2! Is the Garand any good?

As in real life the M1 kicks ass!!! semi auto rifle that is spot on accurate with low recoil, you have to use the iron sights though, there is no option to add a scope to it.

You'll hear different things. I personally dislike it because even though in real life the .30-06 is a serious round to take a hit from, it can take upwards of three or four to take someone down at times in the game. It's not a great deal more accurate than anything else, has a smaller clip, doesn't really fire fast enough to compensate etc. I think you'll see a benefit in hardcore or if your playstyle suits it, but I'm used to being able to take on multiple enemies at once and come out on top, and the Garand lets me down where other guns don't.

It has its place I guess, and can be fun, but if I was playing to win I wouldn't pick it.

Shotgun is the best weapon going. Slugs and mag ammo for the 870 or the other pump = 1-2 shot kills. Sad but it is, at least at close range, the only semi-realistic weapon. I can't tell you how many headshots I have been denied using an assault rifle. For instance, when an enemy is behind cover and ONLY their friggin head is visible, I get three hits and NONE are headsots? LOL

Typical BF nonsense. Go with a shotty and ONE hit = death or damn near it. I have 45% accuracy with it and sometimes stop using it b/c I feel guilty from the advantage it gives me. Seriously, I can easily hit 70 kills in a 16 man conquest or even more if it is rush. You can get more kills in the smaller servers than the 32 mans.

i agree with Jellyesg, the M1 takes 3 rounds to take someone down (non-hardcore) and it's not any more accurate than other weapons. sometimes i'll dick around with M1 out of boredom but i always give it up quickly. i'd rather use a bolt-action sniper rifle with red dot or ACOG.

When you use the M1 you pretty much have to use magnum ammo. Then it's usually 2 shots to kill. I like the Garand because, to me, it's the easiest to shoot people who are running sideways.

Thanks for the info. Well I eventually buy the game I'll give it a go but I won't waste too much time trying to get to grips with it.

I posted a few days ago about giving up on knifing because of it not working half the time and someone then said since the patch knifing was fixed.

Was on Valparaiso and a sniper came up the hill in the middle, i was on the path to the left and ran up behind him and tried to knife him twice. Saw the blood splatter indicating a hit but he stayed alive. Finally just shot him. Hopped down the other side of the hill because I was geting shot at while trying to knife him and jumped down right behind another enemy. Attempted to knife him once and it didnt work again. But he turned around and shot me :( precisely why i've given up on knifing.

I still knife when appropriate. Usually what happens is I manage to get around behind some guys and I want to kill one without blasting away so I knife the first and then shoot the second. It is usually a last resort thing though before I pull out the knife. I've got over 1000 knife kills total so I have used it a bit and the patch did fix it a lot but it is still not perfect.

I'll whip out the knife if I'm close by and/or run out of ammo.
Speaking of running out of ammo, I'm amazed at how difficult it is to get someone to throw down a box. It's free points for them! If they are just sitting around, and I'm spamming them with requests, just throw down a box for me so I can run off and kill someone else!
Usually I resort to killing someone and grabbing their weapon (which can suck if its a kit or gun I don't like) or putting myself into a suicide mission and try to knife as many as possible before being killed.

Back