Bad Company 2

There's a guy emotionalol at #7 that I see all the time on west coast servers. I just checked that link this morning when he was at 749 hours, and now he has 759 hours... That amount of time makes sense though. When I first encountered him, I had about 75 hours to his 500 hours. Now I have 107 to his 759 - that's about an 8:1 ratio. I've been playing 1-2 hours a day recently, so emotionalol plays 8+ hours PER DAY!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

i play in servers with that guy a lot too...had no idea he was so far up the leaderboard.

Damn. I play 2 hrs max a day and feel worn out after that.

Same here, after about 1.30 hrs I'm whacked. I'm amazed some people can play 8 hour a day every day.

I've noticed my play deteriorates the longer I play. I always seem to start off well but end up playing rubbish - I might as well be running around the battlefield in a leotard and brandishing a cucumber for a weapon - that's how useless I get when fatigued.

Last edited:
I went on a serious binge last night and played almost 6 hours. It was awesome but I do not want to do it again tonight.

Bought this game 3 days ago and have been playing non stop since. This thread has a lot to do with it. Thanx guys.

On another note, this morning I learned why everyone here complains about noob cannons. 3/4 of the opposing team on rush had RPG's out, not fun at all.

I regularly put in over 4 hours a day, though a lot of the time I don't even find myself having fun, I'm merely playing cause I literally have nothing else to do. Only cause I'm off of school for the month though. Since I just picked up a car my play time is going to nose dive into the ground.

Bought this game 3 days ago and have been playing non stop since. This thread has a lot to do with it. Thanx guys.

On another note, this morning I learned why everyone here complains about noob cannons. 3/4 of the opposing team on rush had RPG's out, not fun at all.

Yeah splashdamage is broken on RPG's so you can shoot people pointblank without getting hurt. It's stupid and annoying but thankfully if you anticipate it you can dodge out of the way and stab them which Im pretty sure is the entire point of BC2, stabbing people.

Yeah splashdamage is broken on RPG's so you can shoot people pointblank without getting hurt. It's stupid and annoying but thankfully if you anticipate it you can dodge out of the way and stab them which Im pretty sure is the entire point of BC2, stabbing people.

Squad rush is my absolute favorite.

As far as stabbing people goes, I have had the game for 3 days and I already have over 90 knife kills. haha.

Its been quite a transition since I used to play TF2 non-stop, but I am getting the hang of it. Finally today my k/d ratio got in the 2 range on most rounds. The first day playing I had a k/d of like .25 haha.

Looking at the leaderboard I noticed some players have played nearly 1000 hours

http://bfbcs.com/BFBC2_leaderboard/pc

Jesus that's 41 days solid play. Life much?!

I don't mean this as a threadcrap (please read the entire post), but that's why I don't do on-line gaming anymore. This game's been out a little over five months, and to do 1,000 hours in five months, without doing perfect math, is obviously close to eight hours a day, every day. Nothing against BC2, but I doubt you could pay me to do that, and have me still be enthusiastic about it by the 1,000th hour.

Now, on to my point of why I'm posting.

I just don't have time to dedicate to on-line gaming, so I know and accept that I will suck at it. So, I typically don't even bother.

But I posted earlier in this massive thread that @ $30, I was considering finally buying the game so that I could support the devs.

(The game has proper support, unlike what I've read about MW2, so for that reason alone I wanted to support the devs...)

(I'm stressing I'm all about supporting devs... So, don't take my thoughts on on-line gaming as a flame and return fire...)

I finally bought it from Newegg for $28. $2 less, and no tax. A little less support, but oh well, I wasn't buying it for on-line, and it was already explained to me in this thread that for $28 is might not be worth it solely for the SP.

Okay, my real point:

I know I'll suck, but should I stay completely out of MP? Is it all co-op teamplay (where I won't be any benefit to teammates, and they'll ask me to go away...), or is there any free-for-all or something I might be able to enjoy that won't just piss the real veteran players off?

At $28, I was planning to play it, never activate the serial (if possible) and sell it... Then I realized that with the first sale doctrine, my re-sale to someone else means the devs didn't get that money.

Now, if I decide to MP, and the key gets locked to me (not sure if this is correct or not), I'd rather have the Steam copy for convenience, and sell the physical copy I just bought. Two copies were bought for full price (well, $30 full price anyway) by me, so the first sale doctrine stays intact. And my Steam copy cannot be resold.

So, just wanted some input on if I should try MP, if my presence would actually just piss people off since I would at least initially I imagine I would completely suck (nice perk for the competition though obviously), if the serial would indeed lock to me (meaning if I go MP just go ahead and re-buy it on Steam), etc.

Also, I'm so ignorant that I never understood the BC "2" part. It's only about 10 min ago when I Googled "battlefield bad company" and another game besides "2" came up that I realised "2" is the sequel to... "1", of all things! :D

I wasn't even aware there was a "1"... I'm not much of a gamer... Beyond that, I believe I own most BF games though, although I've still never played any of them... (I have 1942, Vietnam, BF2, 2142...)

(If anyone's wondering why I buy a game I don't play, I heard what happened with MW2, and know buying the game may influence continued proper support in the future, and for future games. So, if your game sucks, or support sucks, well, I certainly can't be blamed, as paying for it's more important in the entire picture than playing it... It will inevitably be played by someone, but devs/pubs being paid is not inevitable...)

I just desire some input on how much personal effort I should try with BC2? SP only? MP? (if that'll piss people off, then that defeats my goal...) And well frankly, if I should start off with an earlier BF game? (I've already paid for BC2, they already have my money... I've already supported it...)

The thing I've found with BC2's team multiplayer is that even if you do suck, you can still contribute significantly towards your team's efforts. Spotting (not sure what key it is for PC, but you press it when you're aimed at an enemy and they will show up on your teammates' radar) is an extremely useful contribution, and if the person gets killed shortly after you've spotted them, you'll get a Spot Assist worth 20 points. If you play as the Engineer you can hang around friendly armour and repair it after it takes damage, which will net you points as well. Assault class can give out ammo to teammates and the medic can, well, heal and eventually revive. Driving tanks and Bradleys doesn't require much skill either and grants a nice level of protection, so I recommend doing that until you get a feel for the game.

So even if you can't nail a headshot in 0.3ms you can still do a lot to help your team. I'd say Bad Company 2 is more "noob-friendly" than other Battlefield titles, so it's as good a place to start as any. Single-player is really only useful in getting familiar with all the weapons, how the destruction works and things like vehicles and C4, but it isn't the glorified multiplayer tutorial that a lot of SP-experiences are now.

The first Bad Company was a console-only game; it was DICE's first dedicated attempt to bring Battlefield to the consoles. It wasn't MS or Sony-exclusive, so it didn't receive anywhere near the same hype as a Halo, Gears of War or Killzone game, plus if you only game on the PC then that would be why you haven't heard of it. Bad Company 2 was released on PC mainly as something new to keep BF fans playing until Battlefield 3 eventually comes out (as well as make DICE and EA extra money, let's face it).

I know I'll suck, but should I stay completely out of MP? Is it all co-op teamplay (where I won't be any benefit to teammates, and they'll ask me to go away...), or is there any free-for-all or something I might be able to enjoy that won't just piss the real veteran players off?
You can lone-wolf if you want. It generally doesn't piss people off unless you're playing on a 'hardcore' type server with rules for teamwork. (I prefer those - teamwork is fun, and even on an off night you can still contribute GREATLY to your team without relying on uber twitch skills)

HOWEVER...

You don't need to do *much* to help out your team. A medic is always appreciated. Toss medkits as soon as you earn them... ridiculous, IMO, that you don't START with a medkit as a medic. Revive people as much as possible, but don't do it if they're just gonna die again immediately, that's annoying.

Also, I'm so ignorant that I never understood the BC "2" part. It's only about 10 min ago when I Googled "battlefield bad company" and another game besides "2" came up that I realised "2" is the sequel to... "1", of all things! :D

I wasn't even aware there was a "1"... I'm not much of a gamer... Beyond that, I believe I own most BF games though, although I've still never played any of them... (I have 1942, Vietnam, BF2, 2142...)

It was a console game. BC2 is still a console game, just fairly well ported to PC. Probably one of the best console ports out there, actually... in my opinion. :)

It was a console game. BC2 is still a console game, just fairly well ported to PC. Probably one of the best console ports out there, actually... in my opinion. :)

I think this is a very fair statement.

I like the game a lot but I'm hoping when the real BF3 comes along they go back to their roots across the boards and really open her up.

I wish reality in gaming were: Port from the PC outwards instead of vice versa. Everyone on all platforms would win that way IMO.

Ah well.

You don't need to do *much* to help out your team

Wow, oops, I'm starting to think I should have done some homework on this game, as it's starting to sound very fun. Actually, it sounds like TF2, which I also have never played but do own.

I guess I'm used to old-school Quake. That got old.

Spotting, play as the Engineer, Assault class , medic can, well, heal and eventually revive. Driving tanks and Bradleys

So even if you can't nail a headshot in 0.3ms you can still do a lot to help your team. I'd say Bad Company 2 is more "noob-friendly" than other Battlefield titles, so it's as good a place to start as any. Single-player is really only useful in getting familiar with all the weapons, how the destruction works and things like vehicles and C4, but it isn't the glorified multiplayer tutorial that a lot of SP-experiences are now.

The first Bad Company was a console-only game

This is actually starting to sound very fun, and something familiar to TF2? I just never tried 'em as I assume after all this time, I'm gonna suck, and just get in the way of my teammtes in teamplay co-op scenarios, but sounds like no.

You said BC2 SP isn't necessarily the greatest MP tutorial. Better suggestions on that then? I own a ton of games.

Ah, wasn't aware "1" was console-only. Explains everything!

Anyone know if the serial on a physical copy gets "tied" to the buyer, or if it can be re-sold? I'm thinking of just trying MP now, but if I do that, I'd rather have a Steam copy for convenience. Remember: two copies have now been bought at full price, so even if I obviously sell the physical copy, the first sale doctrine is still in place of two copies in use paid both at full price. Devs have been supported.

One thing I will say is without playing it, it sounds complicated. Although the old-school Quake style is also boring, so I guess they had to do something.

Sounds lazy to ask, I know, but anyone know any really good youtube videos off hand that will demonstrate everything BC2 has to offer? I know that sounds lazy, but I imagine there are a billion videos out there, but I'm looking for a good all-'round demonstration of sorts of the MP-style gameplay. If anyone conveniently just happens to know of some good ones, please post! (I'm not asking anyone to search for ones for me, just to post if you already happen to know something good for someone to watch...)

Dude its $30 on steam, just buy it and play it already.

btw, you really should never forgive yourself for not playing TF2 even though you already own it. It is possibly the most fun online mp game ever.

All this talk about being bad at mp is nonsense. You know how you get better? BY PLAYING.

You ask too many questions, its a fracking game for christs sake, not a marriage. GO PLAY.

I already own it. I suspect you didn't read my post. (Unless your point is to just re-buy it already and just get rid of the physical copy right off the bat.)

All this talk about being bad at mp is nonsense. You know how you get better? BY PLAYING.

You ask too many questions, its a fracking game for christs sake, not a marriage. GO PLAY.

I've been kicked off servers in the past on games for lack of experience.

But people devoting eight hours a day to something for five months is effort most people wouldn't even put into a marriage.

I wouldn't be interested in getting in the way if this is some sort of semi-professional MP game. I'd also hate to know I supported a game that summarily kicked me out of MP for not being good enough. Last three MP games I've tried, that was my experience.

So, my experience is not of being flamed, it's of being booted. Can't get better by not being allowed to play?

But your post wasn't really helpful. I respect the semi-pro community, and still want to support in the event something good's in the works for the future that without previous financial support wouldn't come to fruition. But it's also my experience the semi-pro community is not patient or tolerant of a n00b.

So, if I am taking this too seriously, it's because I accept and respect that many do take this seriously. Understand?

btw, you really should never forgive yourself for not playing TF2 even though you already own it. It is possibly the most fun online mp game ever.

This.
Seriously, it's a video game. Stop worrying about what your team will think of you and play They don't even know who you are, it's the internet. Even if you DO get called a nub or something, don't worry about that either. In about 10 seconds that guy will forget you even existed.

If you *really* feel like you need it, somewhere earlier in this thread is a link to a "how to play BC2 online" youtube video. I think it's made by someone playing the console version, but it's basically the same thing. (I would have gone and tried to find it on youtube myself, but right now playing a youtube video locks up my computer because my graphics card is retarded.)

And yeah, the CD-Key on the physical copy is tied to your online account. You could resell it I suppose if you also gave them the name and password for your online account. Once again though, stop worrying about it and install the game. It's $30. With all the hassle you're putting in to this, you could probably spend some of that time working a couple extra hours to make that $$ instead.

I already own it. I suspect you didn't read my post. (Unless your point is to just re-buy it already and just get rid of the physical copy right off the bat.)

But people devoting eight hours a day to something for five months is effort most people wouldn't even put into a marriage.

I wouldn't be interested in getting in the way if this is some sort of semi-professional MP game. I'd also hate to know I supported a game that summarily kicked me out of MP for not being good enough. Last three MP games I've tried, that was my experience.

So, my experience is not of being flamed, it's of being booted. Can't get better by not being allowed to play?

But your post wasn't really helpful. I respect the semi-pro community, and still want to support in the event something good's in the works for the future that without previous financial support wouldn't come to fruition. But it's also my experience the semi-pro community is not patient or tolerant of a n00b.

So, if I am taking this too seriously, it's because I accept and respect that many do take this seriously. Understand?

Just keep looking for a server until you find you don't get booted from. Jeeze... There are a lot of dicks that play this game and boot for lack of experience but thats just it. There dicks. Not everyone cares about experience, just look at the responses to your posts. Go play on the EVGA servers or another corporation sponsored server. They are usually packed and won't boot you unless you break rules.

I get booted from games all the time and I am not bad (not trying to brag). But its very rare when I have a KD below 1.5 in a game anymore and I got there by practicing.

People boot for being lousy and boot for being good. Just keep playing because its fun!

There are a lot of dicks that play this game and boot for lack of experience

I have never seen this even once while playing this game. I have seen people be kicked for:
-Griefing.
-Suspected hacks.
-Violating some imposed server rule.
-Being annoying by sitting around in spawn literally doing nothing but chatting and asking questions instead of playing.

Never once, I think in any FPS I have ever played, have I ever seen a player kicked from a normal public server for "lack of experience" or "Being bad". ...Unless they were also bragging about how awesome they are or constantly complaining, or constantly asking questions in chat or something.

People DEFINITELY don't want to sit around and listen to you ask questions in game about how to play for an hour. It's annoying because you could just run out there and figure it out yourself.

People DEFINITELY don't want to sit around and listen to you ask questions in game about how to play for an hour. It's annoying because you could just run out there and figure it out yourself.

Or on a forum for that matter. Its one thing to ask if a game is good, or what the overall game play experience is like. But all this back and forth about not being good at online multiplayer games is a little silly. No one is magically good at online fps games.

They get good by playing. Sure not everyone is gonna be CEVO-P level, even if they put in countless hours, but if you put some time in you will get plenty good enough to hold your own.

Now that I would never do. That's why I'm here in this thread.

No one is magically good at online fps games. They get good by playing.
I get booted from games all the time and I am not bad. People boot for being lousy and boot for being good. Just keep playing because its fun!
I have never seen this even once while playing this game. Never once, I think in any FPS I have ever played, have I ever seen a player kicked from a normal public server for "lack of experience" or "Being bad

Overlord is a game reviewer; if he's lying, it hurts his review credibility. Like I said, last three MP games I tried, experienced being booted. (then again, with how people sometimes act, perhaps they were doing me a favor...)

It's no "fun" being booted! ;)

If you *really* feel like you need it, somewhere earlier in this thread is a link to a "how to play BC2 online" youtube video.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035906926&postcount=6321

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

I suspect you mean this. Funny that watching the gameplay makes me want to try it, but listening to the commentator has the exact opposite effect. :D

And yeah, the CD-Key on the physical copy is tied to your online account

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...26/BFBC2-PC-Copy-Protection.aspx?PageIndex=3#

Just read through this. Basically, I can play SP without ever activating through SECUROM, just need the DVD. So can then re-sell it, no problem.

But, nice thing is, I can activate through SECUROM and then no longer need the DVD, except if I need to re-install. Very close to just as convenient as Steam, and can still sell the DVD later I suppose as SP-only.

So, I no longer need to consider the Steam copy.

Once again though, stop worrying about it and install the game. It's $30. With all the hassle you're putting in to this, you could probably spend some of that time working a couple extra hours to make that $$ instead.

Actually, I'm posting this all at work. I just made over $30 in the time I've spent posting in this thread already. So, great suggestion, but I already beat you to it! :D

But this brings up a good question: If this game is so good, why aren't y'all playing it right now? :D

But apparently I take this game too seriously and just need to get out there and play it. Point taken and accepted.

Thanks for your time, and let's let this massive thread get back to wherever it previously was.

This.
Seriously, it's a video game. Stop worrying about what your team will think of you and play They don't even know who you are, it's the internet. Even if you DO get called a nub or something, don't worry about that either. In about 10 seconds that guy will forget you even existed.

That kinda cracks me up. I have a friend who won't play MW2 either, because he thinks he'll look like an idiot.... who gives a fuck, really? He got on a server and the other guys said, "we got a level one".... he quit the game and never tried again!

I don't have the time to devote to being really good, so I will settle for way-less-than-mediocre to mediocre. It is all about having fun (supposedly), right? If I suck.... too fucking bad!

Wow haven't been here for a few days and I come back to see everyone so conceited about themselves they refuse to play a game because they're worried about what others think about them? What is this...high school?

We were all rank one at some point and if you're getting booted for being mediocre, which frankly is unheard of, stop playing on shitty servers.

Other than a couple months playing BF2142 I walked in to BFBC2 having no idea how to play or what to do.*note earlier post about discovering the ammo box the hard way* I've never been kicked from a server for anything other than ping. You crazy bro. :D

I learned by following people around and watching them play. Hell sometimes I'll follow enemies around without killing them just to get a feel for how people play. It can tell you a lot about how to hide and when to rush.

I would love it if they remade bf2142 on the Bad company 2 engine, it would be awesome with mechs and destructible environments.

You have to understand that it's a competative team game and most people playing are driven to win to some degree. Everyone understands that both sides in a balanced game will have a wide range of players both good and bad, however it's good online etiquette to at least display a good understanding for the rules of the game.

You don't have to be very good but you do have to show basic understanding of how to play, if you're running the opposite way from the goal, if you're blowing up your own objectives, or in some way hampering the efforts of your team then you may be kicked from the game. If you're standing next to someone who is shouting "AMMO AMMO AMMO" and you have an ammo pack but wont drop ammo...you could be kicked for that. If you don't know how to do this stuff then ask, ask on the server or ask in a forum.

Don't be afraid to get into the fight either, remember that teams are supposed to be balanced, if you're cowering at the back your team has one less person, get into the fray and support your team, too many people affraid of dying these days it really spoils games like BC2 and TF2 when 50% of the attacking team is camping, it makes winning nearly impossible.

You have to understand that it's a competative team game and most people playing are driven to win to some degree. Everyone understands that both sides in a balanced game will have a wide range of players both good and bad, however it's good online etiquette to at least display a good understanding for the rules of the game.

You don't have to be very good but you do have to show basic understanding of how to play, if you're running the opposite way from the goal, if you're blowing up your own objectives, or in some way hampering the efforts of your team then you may be kicked from the game. If you're standing next to someone who is shouting "AMMO AMMO AMMO" and you have an ammo pack but wont drop ammo...you could be kicked for that. If you don't know how to do this stuff then ask, ask on the server or ask in a forum.

Don't be afraid to get into the fight either, remember that teams are supposed to be balanced, if you're cowering at the back your team has one less person, get into the fray and support your team, too many people affraid of dying these days it really spoils games like BC2 and TF2 when 50% of the attacking team is camping, it makes winning nearly impossible.

^^ So true.

Sometimes you'll get kicked because the guys are jerks. There's no way around that.

But in normal circumstances, even if you're good support...throw around ammo and first aid like mad or if you're an engineer try and repair when possible and have your rockets ready to take out vehicles.

And for cripes sake do something a lot of people still don't do enough of: Spot like mad. Spam the Q button (default).

That's the one thing I know I do consistently well: I spot like a crazy person. ;)

I was owning all last night with the UAV, it was fucking awesome.

On one of the rush maps there was a bright sun glare on the left hand side and you couldn't see shit if you were on the defending team.

I blew the roof off the objectives and then kept taking out snipers, boats, tanks and helicopters.

Fuck this game is so much fun.

btw nothing is more satisfying than sneaking up on someone who is rank 50 and shanking their ass in the back. haha.

I was owning all last night with the UAV, it was fucking awesome.

On one of the rush maps there was a bright sun glare on the left hand side and you couldn't see shit if you were on the defending team.

I blew the roof off the objectives and then kept taking out snipers, boats, tanks and helicopters.

Fuck this game is so much fun.

btw nothing is more satisfying than sneaking up on someone who is rank 50 and shanking their ass in the back. haha.

I disagree.

Doing it multiple times is better ^^

Man, this whole weekend has been cheese-city.

Every server has been nonstop cg and nade spam, and teams using rpg/cg/mortar on mcoms. It's been hella frustrating.

ya it really makes rush almost no fun since you cant repair the mcom. the uav+c4 is also way out of control. Yesterday my squad and myself would fill up a uav full of c4 and it would blow it from full stupid easy...

It's possible to hit 90% of the objectives in rush from inconspicuous locations (i.e. not visible from enemy positions) using 40mm grenades. It's a fail-safe against timid or sniper-laden teams that just don't know how to rush. You'd have to be a damn fool to not get an ace pin every round given the post-patch buff to objective damage. Unlike RPGs, C4, or AT mines it's virtually impossible to die as you hammer away, and you're your own ammo reserve so there's never the desperate scramble to find an ammo box.

Last edited:
Man, this whole weekend has been cheese-city.

Every server has been nonstop cg and nade spam, and teams using rpg/cg/mortar on mcoms. It's been hella frustrating.

Funny, I've resorted to CG'ing to keep my spirits up after getting sniped over and over and over and over all weekend. Soooooo frustrating...even when winning more often than not as a team, the incessant spawn, trot, die is extremely tiresome.

Wow, oops, I'm starting to think I should have done some homework on this game, as it's starting to sound very fun. Actually, it sounds like TF2, which I also have never played but do own.

I guess I'm used to old-school Quake. That got old.

This is actually starting to sound very fun, and something familiar to TF2? I just never tried 'em as I assume after all this time, I'm gonna suck, and just get in the way of my teammtes in teamplay co-op scenarios, but sounds like no.

You said BC2 SP isn't necessarily the greatest MP tutorial. Better suggestions on that then? I own a ton of games.

Ah, wasn't aware "1" was console-only. Explains everything!

Anyone know if the serial on a physical copy gets "tied" to the buyer, or if it can be re-sold? I'm thinking of just trying MP now, but if I do that, I'd rather have a Steam copy for convenience. Remember: two copies have now been bought at full price, so even if I obviously sell the physical copy, the first sale doctrine is still in place of two copies in use paid both at full price. Devs have been supported.

One thing I will say is without playing it, it sounds complicated. Although the old-school Quake style is also boring, so I guess they had to do something.

Sounds lazy to ask, I know, but anyone know any really good youtube videos off hand that will demonstrate everything BC2 has to offer? I know that sounds lazy, but I imagine there are a billion videos out there, but I'm looking for a good all-'round demonstration of sorts of the MP-style gameplay. If anyone conveniently just happens to know of some good ones, please post! (I'm not asking anyone to search for ones for me, just to post if you already happen to know something good for someone to watch...)

This was made during the beta/demo period of the game, but it does a great job of explaining the Bad Company 2 basics, and is entertaining as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

It's not as complicated as you might think. Each class has its own skills and the trick to playing well is to play each class how it should be played. Run-and-gunning isn't wise if you're going Recon, sticking behind teammates as a Medic so you can heal/revive when they go down and lay suppressive fire with your LMG's high-capacity mag, sticking close to friendly vehicles as an Engineer so you can repair (this is especially useful when a friendly tank is in a war with an enemy vehicle). The Engineer also lugs around a RPG so fire at enemy vehicles when you see them...preferrably aiming at the back or sides, because it does more damage there.

Last edited:

I don't understand the importance that people assign to the knife and getting knife kills in this game. Do people actually believe it is "humiliating" to be killed by someone with a knife in this game? Or that you're somehow proving you are better than the person you knifed because you ran up behind them while they were distracted in a gunfight? Does it make people seriously think they're skilled or something like that?

Especially in a game like this with retarded hitboxes and a knife that has automatic lock on.

Why is it "satisfying" to shank a level 50? I don't get people's fascination with it; The knife is a tool, not a shame-stick.

I finally got the platinum star for AT mines. I will try RPG next. I also got my first gold dog tag tonight.

ok it’s a little humiliating, nothing in the world can be more fun than knifing one of my friends while playing CS on LAN. I usually stop playing after that because my hands would be shaking from excitement.

but to run in the open to a group of enemies and sacrifice a ticket while you could’ve killed more with a gun just to stab someone you don’t know and won’t see again after few minutes then to start jumping or knifing to tease him in the kill cam or even write in the chat “gold dogtag nom nom nom” is just like saying I have no life!

others like to pad the their knife kills number in the stat site. it’s ok to care about achievements and to work on your stat, but common, no one will see it and if they do no one will care. it doesn’t mean you are a “pro” if you are at rank 50 or have platin with all guns and lots of dogtags . people with 7000+ knife kills like this guy and this guy will always have a high W/L ratio because they’ll only play with the winning team, and if they were with the loosing team they’ll try to switch all the time and if their team is about to lose they quickly exit the server. just to make that magical stat page better and feel they accomplished something important in thier lifes I guess!

I finally got the platinum star for AT mines. I will try RPG next. I also got my first gold dog tag tonight.

1 kill for the AT mines platin for me :D but it's been like that for a long time, I just stopped using them. it's not like before when people didn’t pay attention to them and drivers used to rush, now they camp and spam and their team will usually shoot the mines.

Last edited:
I don't understand the importance that people assign to the knife and getting knife kills in this game. Do people actually believe it is "humiliating" to be killed by someone with a knife in this game? Or that you're somehow proving you are better than the person you knifed because you ran up behind them while they were distracted in a gunfight? Does it make people seriously think they're skilled or something like that?

Especially in a game like this with retarded hitboxes and a knife that has automatic lock on.

Why is it "satisfying" to shank a level 50? I don't get people's fascination with it; The knife is a tool, not a shame-stick.

You clearly were not a CS nerd. I however was :D

I've given up on the knife for probably 2 months now, still never works for me. I think it's more enjoyable firing 3 quick rounds into a dudes face as he tries to knife you and then get labeled as a lucky n00b.

Back