Bad Company 2

Sometimes servers get restarted/go down etc. If you get kicked, the message will say you've been kicked(and there should be a reason, too, but it might be nothing because it's optional to fill out I think).

Yay, I wasn't kicked. :)

The other night the EA servers went down, that sucked, everyone on vent at once asking "Did anyone else get disconnected?" lol

For all I know it might have been EA servers I was on last night. I honestly can't remember. Anyways, I set up my ports per the instructions and that should improve my odds. :)

Wow.

I've never seen it that bad, I usually get the 2nd medic killed before he can revive the other guy. That was pretty funny though.

but I have run into that situation where I kill 2-3 guys then a medic comes out of no where, kills me and revives all 3 :(

I prefer it to the AN-94. Anyone using the AN-94 > than rank 30 these days is a talentless dick, frankly I'd be embarrassed to use it ;)

I agree with that. I feel the same for the guys using the M60 and CG (for infantry killing only) at high levels. I go out of my way to not use any of those 3 weapons.

why not finish up the G3 and M24?

I will eventually. It sucks because in any other battlefield these 2 guns would probably be my favorite weapons. The amount of recoil is just absurd to use either regularly. Only need 31 kills for gold with G3, and like 67 for the M24 :p.

I will eventually. It sucks because in any other battlefield these 2 guns would probably be my favorite weapons. The amount of recoil is just absurd to use either regularly. Only need 31 kills for gold with G3, and like 67 for the M24 :p.

G3 is pretty decent somewhere between CQB and medium-range. It's a weird-ass weapon due to the recoil, though.

In other news, the VSS is horribly overrated.

I agree with the m60/an94. But not on the cg. It's incredibly effective when guys are hiding behind walls, or groups of ibfrantry stacked together. But 1v1, unless it's an annoying sniper, it's pp2000 all the way.

Right now my favorite guns are the m416a, pp2000, t88, and the 870.

I wanted to like the vss, and I still use it on maps where the shoty isn't as effective, but I can't stand the tiny tiny clip.

Also, is anyone elses shotgun borked? Prepatch I had no problem killing from even medium range, now even close it takes 2+ shots at times. If I'm even lucky enough to get them in.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I agree with the m60/an94. But not on the cg. It's incredibly effective when guys are hiding behind walls, or groups of ibfrantry stacked together.

I agree the cg is useful, but I see so many people just camping with expl + rocket ammo with the thing. It's actually the weapon I have the most kills with (360ish) because I used it a lot when I was a noob. If I camp with that thing on most maps I could easily get 3-4:1 K/D ratio (my overall average right now is 1.40). Most 7 year olds could dominate with that thing if used exclusively.

I've been using the RPG while playing engineer lately and it's a lot more fun to blast things with it.

Since I'm at the office, I don't have the opportunity to listen to the audio on that video, but I seriously hope that they are playing the Benny Hill theme.

Sadly, I've seen similar situations, but it was typically due to a full squad of medics rather than just the two. I have no idea how medics don't get the number of complaints that the recon class does.

I agree with that. I feel the same for the guys using the M60 and CG (for infantry killing only) at high levels. I go out of my way to not use any of those 3 weapons.

Never used the CG really. THAT seemed cheap to me. Least with any gun, I at least need to aim.

Hell I have so many kills with the M60 now I don't even bother with any other. I will never catch up kill wise. The M3 and MG36 are superior now, and I care less. The gun just feels and sounds too damn good not to use!

The AN94. I started using it once i got close to 50. The gun is too much ownage NOT to use. (ownage still a hip word? I'm close to 40 now, can't keep up with the lingo)

There was a page where a guy rated the guns...anyone have that? Be fun to know how they are ranked after patch.

Can I buy the game from a website that sells the Digital Version with CD KEY, can I input that CD Key into STEAM and unlock Bad Company 2 on steam? I found where I can buy the game for $20, but I want it through steam.

Can I buy the game from a website that sells the Digital Version with CD KEY, can I input that CD Key into STEAM and unlock Bad Company 2 on steam? I found where I can buy the game for $20, but I want it through steam.

No you would have to buy it through steam.

the key will work with EA online. Really steam adds nothing to BF:BC2, so not sure why you want that.

Okay, this game is confusing me:

- On some servers I feel like I'm practically god. A few quick bursts from my M16, and everyone goes down nearly instantly. Sniping people from across the map, and it seems like every one of them hits. And other people's guns? They seem like they're shooting with bbs; I'll run around taking so many bullets I'm pretty sure some people would think I'm hacking.

- Other servers - exact opposite. Everyone else's guns take me down nearly instantly, and I feel like I'm shooting bbs. Needless to say, you can guess which servers I've added to my (now working) favorites list :p!

Note that none of these servers are hardcore and I'm using the same weapon at all times.

Here's the weird thing, all of these servers have about the same ping, with little to no noticeable rubber-banding. I just don't get what's going on; it wasn't like this pre-patch.

Last edited:

- On some servers I feel like I'm practically god. A few quick bursts from my M16, and everyone goes down nearly instantly. Sniping people from across the map, and it seems like every one of them hits. And other people's guns? They seem like they're shooting with bbs; I'll run around taking so many bullets I'm pretty sure some people would think I'm hacking.

- Other servers - exact opposite. Everyone else's guns take me down nearly instantly, and I feel like I'm shooting bbs. Needless to say, you can guess which servers I've added to my (now working) favorites list :p!

Note that none of these servers are hardcore and I'm using the same weapon at all times.

Here's the weird thing, all of these servers have about the same ping, with little to no noticeable rubber-banding. I just don't get what's going on; it wasn't like this pre-patch.

My guess is that the ones you are rocking on are R16, the new one. And the other ones with hit detection issues are R15 or older.

The R16 server client is in beta so I don't believe all servers have it yet.

..or your cheating :D

My guess is that the ones you are rocking on are R16, the new one. And the other ones with hit detection issues are R15 or older.

Well, that would explain why I'm having such an easy time hitting things, but not why everyone else is having a hard time killing me.

Did they buff the M16 in the last patch? I'm trying to platinum with it, and it feels so deadly now.

And, no, not cheating :cool:

Same experience here.

HAHAHAHAHA!! :D

I have the same exact issue. :(

Didn't they confirm it a while ago, we just didn't get it yet unlike the consoles.
Nope, they just said something like "We have to figure out how we're going to make this work on PC." Cause they don't want 32 player Rush servers to switch to 4 player Onslaught as that would significantly decrease the number of games players could join.

The port forwarding seems to have worked for me. I was in some of the same rush servers yesterday that had disconnected on me the previous day and had ne'er an issue. :)

Great, glad it worked ;)

I managed to bronze all the weapons except the pistols. Some of those guns are a major pain.

I managed to bronze all the weapons except the pistols. Some of those guns are a major pain.

Pistols are easy since you only have to get 10 (50 to gold). The hardest pistol for me was the m9-3... all of the others are pretty lethal and easy to rack up kills with.

I'm still struggling with getting bronze on the sniper rifles. :-(
Shotgunning was fun. Running through a spawning squad and blasting two guys with one pop o' the trigger was awesome.

Shotgunning was fun. Running through a spawning squad and blasting two guys with one pop o' the trigger was awesome.

For the M95, go with red dot scope and magnum ammo. It's an amazing one shot kill close range weapon. You will be gold in no time on that rifle.

For the M95, go with red dot scope and magnum ammo. It's an amazing one shot kill close range weapon. You will be gold in no time on that rifle.

It does take some getting used to though. With even the slugged NS2000 I find that I'm usually dead if I'm up against more than one dude close together. If I miss the first shot I also usually end up dead. This isn't the case with any other gun really. The M95 has a much higher time between shots and it's loud as hell and has a very visible bullet trail -- chances are high that you'll get found out and mowed down after any close-midrange shot with that thing.

Something tells me if he's struggling with bronze on sniper rifles he probably doesn't have the M95.

Also, all sniper rifles have the same damage / damage drop now.... unless they reverted it.

Are there any codes to get the newer guns other than playing for 100+ hours to unlock them?

I really would like to know why some servers are easier to kill on than others. With ping being the same. This is a first for me. A definite wtf? Even for a BF game lol.

Agreed... There are two shotguns that were the worst.. Dropped my K/D so much trying to bronze those.

I had a hell of a time with the NS2000.

Pistols are easy since you only have to get 10 (50 to gold). The hardest pistol for me was the m9-3... all of the others are pretty lethal and easy to rack up kills with.

Thats good news, although I am not nearly talented enough to use a pistol as my primary weapon.

I found the bolt action ones were easy but time consuming to bronze on, once you get the bullet drop down.

It does take some getting used to though. With even the slugged NS2000 I find that I'm usually dead if I'm up against more than one dude close together. If I miss the first shot I also usually end up dead. This isn't the case with any other gun really.

Pretty much my experiences as well with the pump action shotguns, unless I am extremely lucky its usually a 1:1 KD

I can't find it on the last 80 posts... care to explain? I only see people mentioning it's happening to them.

I think thats the solution

Something tells me if he's struggling with bronze on sniper rifles he probably doesn't have the M95.

Also, all sniper rifles have the same damage / damage drop now.... unless they reverted it.

I don't know about that, but I do know that using the M95 close range w/mag ammo is one shot one kill, no matter where you hit them. The red dot makes it way easier to use close range.

Back