Bad Company 2

I don't think so... I remember reinstalling it a while back to try it out and I'm terrible again... I was never really that good to begin with but I remember enjoying it.

I'm sure people still play though... just not a lot.

oh FFS! how many QA have this POS patch failed already.. will the whole summer pass and they still will fumble with it..

Ive noticed at times I will HS a guy, and he wont take damage.....or he lives, and shoots me, and someone else gets my kill.....or when it shows who killed me the guy will have 0% health......but overall the game play is likable....

If the guy was killed before that screen comes up, he will have 0% health. Alternatively, if you do something silly like exchange 40mm grenades, and you die a half second before him, itll pull up 0% health.

Sometimes, it also shows 100% health for someone who is now laying on the ground dead. That happens when someone else kills them in the time between you dieing and that screen coming up. My point is, the stats pull what their health was the instant you died. Or at least, thats always been my perception - and it seems to work perfectly based on that assumption.

I must have been hitting some laggy servers lastnight, kept having this awful 3 second+ lag between clicking spawn and actually spawning. Never got it elsewhere though...anyone else having that problem recently?

I must have been hitting some laggy servers lastnight, kept having this awful 3 second+ lag between clicking spawn and actually spawning. Never got it elsewhere though...anyone else having that problem recently?

I've noticed that too. In the last week or so it seems like no matter what server I join it's been laggy as well. Can barely play.

I have noticed horrible head shot detection since playing online. I dont know if its server lag or what, but according to my pings latency should be a non issue.

The game has always been laggy for me. I've never seen the game instantly spawn me after hitting spawn button, usually takes a few seconds. Hit detection has been shit for me as well. I always have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to task manager to kill the game because it never exits to desktop. The game doesn't come across polished at all on my end.

With that said, it still is a hell of a fun game.

I've noticed that too. In the last week or so it seems like no matter what server I join it's been laggy as well. Can barely play.

I literally, NEVER had it happen before playing last night. I hadnt been on for a few days though otherwise. My friend said it started doing it 4ish days ago for him. Didn't find a "smooth" server again. Struck me as very odd. Maybe we've been having bad luck?

Maybe the steam sale is overwhelming internet capacity everywhere? :p

9aqyo5.jpg

Taken from the steam forums :D

Last edited:
Spent a good 600 or so hours with it and I still hold 2142 over as my all-time favorite Battlefield and shooter. Very balanced gameplay, some of the best guns, vehicles, and maps (not to mention very creative), and it just suited my play style in every way possible (awesome Clark 15B Shotgun or Ganz HMG with IDS Infantry Scanner was so devastating). Things that were nimble felt nimble and things that felt weighty felt weighty. Overall everything felt just right.

A little over 200 hours into it, I was having a hard moving to Bad Company 2 at first, but I think I've eased into it. I still have nights when I'm absolutely fuming at the game because it just doesn't work or something frustrating happens (i.e: unpredictable hit reg) and sometimes I just hate how the weapons "behave". Once DICE fully irons out all the bugs and issues in Bad Company 2 I have no doubt I will be able to enjoy the game to the fullest. Not sure if that'll ever happen since I hear Battlefield 2 still has some kinks to be worked out. :p Aside from graphics, I still don't think it can hold a candle to what 2142 did for me though. Never played Battlefield 2. :eek:

After DICE is done playing with the Bad Company franchise and are once again ready to pump out a proper Battlefield, I'd love to see them revisit the 22nd century.

Shameless plug for my stats: :eek:

Bad Company 2
pc_jamphat.png

Battlefield 2142
jamphat_player_555.png

Oh look, it's Jamphat. BRB reposting on OT

Spewn,

EA doesnt get "paid" by gameserver companies to be official bc2 partner. Instead they need to provide x number of public bc2 servers to just run.

Anyone interested in joining a bc2 clan, please PM me. We're looking to expand into bc2 with mature new members that enjoying having a good time while being competitive. Established in 2007 with a great group of members that most have been playing together since COD1 (2004).

Spewn,

EA doesnt get "paid" by gameserver companies to be official bc2 partner. Instead they need to provide x number of public bc2 servers to just run.

Anyone interested in joining a bc2 clan, please PM me. We're looking to expand into bc2 with mature new members that enjoying having a good time while being competitive. Established in 2007 with a great group of members that most have been playing together since COD1 (2004).

does being competitive mean required competition attendance and being online at certain times....or is it a more laid back clan with players that enjoy competition against eachother?

hopefully you understand the difference I'm trying to draw between the two :)

@ ^
The long awaited and hefty (890 MB) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC patch finally has a solid release date, which is this Wednesday, June 30th at 7:00 AM (GMT+2).

If I did this right that works out to:
Tuesday @ 10:00 PM PDT
Wednesday @ 1:00 AM EDT

source.

who wants to bet the fileserver's gonna burn out? =D i sure hope they allow a manual patching exe.

if I'm playing in a server, how do i tell what the server name or IP is

when you exit the server, check history tab. thats it for now until they implement soemthing else

Jesus, the patch is almost 400mb larger than what they originally had planned... Oh well. It's kinda funny that I'm rma'ing my mobo now that the patch is coming. Guess I'll get to enjoy the fixes in a couple weeks!

Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Wait wtf? They disabled knifing in the back in a previous patch? That explains why they wouldn't die.... They just turn around and shoot me in the face. Why would they do that....

They didn't disable it, but they tried to make it less powerful and ended up breaking it pretty bad.

The original knife was ridiculous, there were too many times where you meet someone point-blank in a room and whoever hit the knife button first is the winner. So they were trying to balance it out...

But isn't that suppose to happen? I mean it will be more like MW2 but I don't see how it could be any other way unless you make the don't make the knife an insta-kill.

Yea but you don't have to aim or time it right... The game locks-on to the enemy and you lunge toward them.

That's what makes it ridiculous, if it was like 2142 or other games you have to time it just right and to be the right distance away. If you were too far then it was a miss, but if you were too close in 2142 it also missed. And if they move when you're knifing then you miss etc. BC2's original knife was just too easy to use.

I see, well I guess after that broken patch it certainly made it more difficult.... Hopefully they actually fixed it this time. Other than that, the patch seems to address quite a lot of issues. Now they just have to bring out some actual new maps.

If it's not posted on the steam game page, chances are I will miss seeing it. And anyways, I haven't been playing BC2 that much lately. I got back into Counter Strike haha.

The game has always been laggy for me. I've never seen the game instantly spawn me after hitting spawn button, usually takes a few seconds. Hit detection has been shit for me as well. I always have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to task manager to kill the game because it never exits to desktop. The game doesn't come across polished at all on my end.

With that said, it still is a hell of a fun game.

The game has been very laggy recently, spawn lag is still there for me too. The 'rubberbanding' is ridiculous on some servers (even with a low ping)

Hit detection is very hit and miss, this is most apparent when using a shotgun, firing point blank at a slow moving target and it will completely miss.

Some nights can be very frustrating and I totally lose confidence, the uncertainty if I'm going to hit or miss is ruining my fun. Last night I went 0.97 KDR, the first time I've been sub 1 for a long time.

The patch can't come soon enough for me.

Last edited:
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Wait wtf? They disabled knifing in the back in a previous patch? That explains why they wouldn't die.... They just turn around and shoot me in the face. Why would they do that....

I'm really going to miss those hilarious moments when two of us go head to head trying to knife each other and it takes about a minute for one of us to register a hit.

Seriously 7 weeks to fix the damn knife bug! DICE should hang their heads in shame.

The patch comes out in less than 24 hours. 890MB

Yeah, should be available after the server maintenance from around 11 GMT tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out. I wonder what they have broken this time? ;)

The game has been very laggy recently, spawn lag is still there for me too. The 'rubberbanding' is ridiculous on some servers (even with a low ping)

Hit detection is very hit and miss, this is most apparent when using a shotgun, firing point blank at a slow moving target and it will completely miss.

Some nights can be very frustrating and I totally lose confidence, the uncertainty if I'm going to hit or miss is ruining my fun. Last night I went 0.97 KDR, the first time I've been sub 1 for a long time.

The patch can't come soon enough for me.

Using shotgun can be really frustrating. Last night i was using Neostad with long range barrel and magnum ammo, sniping people from more than 100 ft away, bang headshot and he's down. But whats really funny is from 3 ft away he survives and i'm down. Game has some issues. 40mm shotty is my favorite, but they messed it up badly.

Also for the first time last night i've seen something really weird. I was defending M-Comm A by the bridge on Arica Harbour and there was a guy (enemy) hanging in the air right next to the bus who couldn't be killed. I was standing inches away from him shooting at him, stabbing him, but his body would just bounce around without hit registration. But get this, his squad mates could spawn on him and go for the m-comm.

Also for the first time last night i've seen something really weird. I was defending M-Comm A by the bridge on Arica Harbour and there was a guy (enemy) hanging in the air right next to the bus who couldn't be killed. I was standing inches away from him shooting at him, stabbing him, but his body would just bounce around without hit registration. But get this, his squad mates could spawn on him and go for the m-comm.

I've seen this many times, it's like a 'ghost' player. They appear to be there but shooting/knifing them does nothing, no hit registration. It's like some sort of remnant, a player crashed out perhaps but still visible.

It's a pain though because when you realise you're doing no damage you're normally shot by someone else who hears your gunshots.

There are so many WTH moments in this game it makes me wonder why I have played so long. The rage is strong with this one

Back