Bad Company 2

It's the same WASD for movement, R up and F down.

That might be the conflict, I don't use WASD for movement. I've grown up using the arrow keys (i.e. since Wolf 3D), so I have the pleasure of rebinding all of my keys. :D

That might be the conflict, I don't use WASD for movement. I've grown up using the arrow keys (i.e. since Wolf 3D), so I have the pleasure of rebinding all of my keys. :D

arrow keys are FAIL

i have a friend that uses them and I rag on him all the time.

I used to use arrow keys when i was ... 10, then i forced myself to use WASD and trust me its well worth the 1-2 weeks of sucking becase its way easier to learn games when its all standard.

also more keys around your hand, more options, more relaxed hand position

arrow keys are FAIL

I used to use arrow keys when i was ... 10, then i forced myself to use WASD and trust me its well worth the 1-2 weeks of sucking becase its way easier to learn games when its all standard.

It's funny because I have to use WASD for games like FO3 and Oblivion because they have so many actions, but when I play real shooters, I switch back to arrows. Also use WASD on my laptop for games like Mount & Blade and Gears of War, only because there are no arrows/keypad.

Generally WASD makes more sense, I just don't like the fact that the keys are completely lined up like the arrows are and that I accidentally hit the windows button a lot. But whatever's comfortable for me, I don't suck, so I'll stick to it.

just some other thoughts on recon guns

M24 does slightly more damage, has slightly less accuracy then the GOL
M95 has the highest damage but does not kill in 1 shot, it also its really god damn loud and has a massive muzzel flash.

In Normal mode, if you use mag ammo you can kill with 1 shot with any of the above if your close range, try 30-40 feet max. but its not 100%.

My preferance is the GOL without mag ammo. I am quite used to the time delay and drop of the bullet and mag ammo messes with it. so you either commit to useing it all the time or not at all as a sniper.

It's funny because I have to use WASD for games like FO3 and Oblivion because they have so many actions, but when I play real shooters, I switch back to arrows. Also use WASD on my laptop for games like Mount & Blade and Gears of War, only because there are no arrows/keypad.

Generally WASD makes more sense, I just don't like the fact that the keys are completely lined up like the arrows are and that I accidentally hit the windows button a lot. But whatever's comfortable for me, I don't suck, so I'll stick to it.

How do you switch weapons quickly? Don't say scroll-wheel..

M95 has the highest damage but does not kill in 1 shot, it also its really god damn loud and has a massive muzzel flash.

In Normal mode, if you use mag ammo you can kill with 1 shot with any of the above if your close range, try 30-40 feet max. but its not 100%.

My preferance is the GOL without mag ammo. I am quite used to the time delay and drop of the bullet and mag ammo messes with it. so you either commit to useing it all the time or not at all as a sniper.

i prefer the M24 over all other sniper rifles. the only time i use a different weapon is if i'm playing as rambo-recon, then i'll equip the Type 88 with red dot (and lots of C4 :D).

How do you switch weapons quickly? Don't say scroll-wheel..

Hahaha! Not scroll wheel. IIRC...

End = Primary
Home = Secondary
Delete = Gadget 1
Page Down = Gadget 2

Reload = Num 0
Melee = Num 1
Spot = Num 4
Jump = Ctrl
Crouch = Shift
Enter/Action = \

And for some reason the Enter key brings up class/squad/map selection menu thinger and I can't rebind that key.

Quick question for you guys,
Has anyone here gotten stuck on server that lags insanely bad (like you were on dialup) but the ping was still <50ms?

The M95 can also damage any vehicle the mounted MGs can because it doesn't use a standard gun bullet but uses the same kind the mounted MGs do in game.

Also I got my Wheels of Hazard pin last night with the UAV, felt good man.

arrow keys are FAIL

Disagree! Though my keyboard is a little different than most and my desk is big, so I can move my keyboard comfortably.

Arrow keys!
Enter = reload
RShift = sprint
RCtrl = crouch
Numpad 0 = jump
Numpad 1 = spot
Delete = grenade
End = primary
PgDown = secondary
Space = enter/use
\ = reload in MP (\ is next to RShift on my keyboard)

WASD was giving me carpal tunnel due to the W and S not being flush. Having big hands, I need a little extra space.

Disagree! Though my keyboard is a little different than most and my desk is big, so I can move my keyboard comfortably.

Arrow keys!
Enter = reload
RShift = sprint
RCtrl = crouch
Numpad 0 = jump
Numpad 1 = spot
Delete = grenade
End = primary
PgDown = secondary
Space = enter/use

WASD was giving me carpal tunnel due to the W and S not being flush. Having big hands, I need a little extra space.

Yikes, that space bar would kill me. Have you thought about moving it to backspace or to a numpad key?

Yikes, that space bar would kill me. Have you thought about moving it to backspace or to a numpad key?

That would work. I tend to play more squad deathmatch though, so enter/use isn't something I'm doing alot of. Once I practice up a little and do a few more unlocks, it's on to Rush.

The way my keyboard is set up, the spacebar is a bit wider and only takes a roll of the knuckle to hit. On a standard keyboard, I would have probably changed it already

Have any of you in game been blown back from an explosion? Happened to me today for the first time. I was running next to a house and I guess a tank from the other side fired and blew up the wall in front of me. My guy flew back a decent distance, I lived. I haven't see it happen to anyone else, plus it has never happened to me before.

Arrow keys!
Enter = reload
RShift = sprint
RCtrl = crouch
Numpad 0 = jump
Numpad 1 = spot
Delete = grenade
End = primary
PgDown = secondary
Space = enter/use

I have big hands, WASD all the way.

Have any of you in game been blown back from an explosion? Happened to me today for the first time. I was running next to a house and I guess a tank from the other side fired and blew up the wall in front of me. My guy flew back a decent distance, I lived. I haven't see it happen to anyone else, plus it has never happened to me before.

I believe I had something that happen a couple nights ago, I remember being like WTF?! but it was after a friends birthday so I was kinda buzzed.

I hate it when the attackers have around 15 tickets left and yet some are wasting those tickets on side fights far from the m-com stations, and others like me who&#8217;s trying to arm the m-com&#8217;s are also wasting the tickets because it&#8217;s just hard to arm it when no one is covering you.

btw, the noob tube is sick :D

1sfti1.jpg

not good in close range since it have some minimum distance to arm but if you hit the bad guy directly it&#8217;ll kill him, so until they fix this thing I&#8217;ll be whoring around with it as a primary weapon :D

Last edited:
I hate it when the attackers have around 15 tickets left and yet some are wasting those tickets on side fights far from the m-com stations, and others like me who’s trying to arm the m-com’s are also wasting the tickets because it’s just hard to arm it when no one is covering you.

btw, the noob tube is sick :D

1sfti1.jpg

not good in close range since it have some minimum distance to arm but if you hit the bad guy directly it’ll kill him, so until they fix this thing I’ll be whoring around with it as a primary weapon :D

You disgust me.

Rofl... it really is stupid easy to use though.. load up on spare nades and you get like 4 noob-tubes and 2 hand-nades + an ammo box to refill... just spam in the general direction of enemies and rack up kills.

This game is still fun to play, I figured I'd get bored with it a lot sooner than this... but I'm still not bored...

About the most satisfying kills are taking out a chopper with a Gustav. Man, seeing it spin out of control or nosedive after you tag it makes me laugh my ass off.

All assault this round. Got my platinum in both the M16 and 40GL, my 200 HG kill badge, and a gold star in knife or something.

mcaqlu.png

i5uj2g.png

How do you guys get to such high kill/death counts?

Hell in most of my games top kills for anyone is around 20...

Yea that's what I was thinking. In conquest the #kills is usually low, but even in rush I pretty much never see such a high team total.

I went 60/21 as recon with silenced rifle. Also went 50+/20 with assault no tube I use shotty attachment.

The M95 can also damage any vehicle the mounted MGs can because it doesn't use a standard gun bullet but uses the same kind the mounted MGs do in game.

Also I got my Wheels of Hazard pin last night with the UAV, felt good man.

yeah i had a UAV try and crush me... but it missed so i knifed it... lawl

but when i tried the guy heard me... :(

I went 60/21 as recon with silenced rifle. Also went 50+/20 with assault no tube I use shotty attachment.

I dont think i'll ever give up the noob tube for the shotty or smoke... just to awesome, and I love being able to make doors anywhere i want :)

SixtyWattMan, what attachments you use with the m16? x4 scope, red dot or training?
I sometimes reach 40-45 kills when I manage to sneak behind campers specially in HC servers where the one you killed won&#8217;t be running towards your position after he respawns.

Not calling out Sixty (I believe I've been one of his victims..lol) But alot of these guys get these ratios by really not helping their team. Recon's are famous for this!

Is there a way to tell in the server browser, if a server is HC? I prefer regular servers but don't want to have to join and exit servers if I happen into HC. Perhaps it's something simple I've missed.

impressive round there SixtyWattMan. 38K points would help a lot in progressing through the 30's ranks. I'm rank 29 right now and it's slooow going getting to 30.

Not calling out Sixty (I believe I've been one of his victims..lol) But alot of these guys get these ratios by really not helping their team. Recon's are famous for this!

Yeah.. I notice that alot.. and when i go solo / lonewolf my score sucks!

But this morning I actually just got up to the 50-55 and 30 kill death ratio by helping my team.. (on the map with the light house.)

2 of my squad members watched the left side, and me and another squad member watched the right side of a choke point.. The other team couldn't make it through.. Was great

Is there a way to tell in the server browser, if a server is HC? I prefer regular servers but don't want to have to join and exit servers if I happen into HC. Perhaps it's something simple I've missed.

I haven't found a way and curious as well

only way to tell via the server browser is if the server name contains "HC" or "Hardcore". DICE needs to add a filter option for this. in the mean time, it would be helpful if the people who rent the servers would put some thought into their server names. all of them should contain location and whether it's HC or not.

With onle loadout you might be able to kill 3-4 guys. So, you either need to respawn 15 times or to get supplies regulary from engy.

My Favorites tab in the server browser view is still messed up....I try and save [H] servers, they show up grayed out, but they are never shown active/in game on the server browser. The server browser Favorites is just messed up for me. Anyone else?

I been trying for the last 2 hours to connect to a server, any server, and no go

the few hours I have when kiddo's napping and it aint working, frustration

Anyone else getting weird lag in game lately? My ping's fine, but people are rubberbanding everywhere. Sigh.

+1. Since R8 update people are just teleporting all over the place...

Figured it was hacking first, but then everyone is doing it!

This game really needs better in game moderation. Things like votekick/voteban and autobalance would go a long way to making this game more enjoyable. As people have gotten more used to the game, or maybe even bored with the game, there is rarely a round where someone isn't:
- Hacking
- Griefing
- Team stacking.

Yesterday alone I saw 2 hackers (in PB servers no less), was team killed 8 times by random lvl 1 jerks who just ran around our own spawn, and every single Rush round people would switch teams to the winning side whenever it got below 30 tickets.

Back