Bad Company 2

That's actually your resolution, not refresh rate. Glad it worked, but I doubt you'll be wanting to play on a lower resolution than your LCD's maximum, it won't look nearly as pretty :(

Try messing with your refresh rate, it'll most likely be 59 or 60hz, also try vsync on, or off if it's on

ok, I will try that also, I'll keep ya'll informed brb

That's actually your resolution, not refresh rate. Glad it worked, but I doubt you'll be wanting to play on a lower resolution than your LCD's maximum, it won't look nearly as pretty :(

Try messing with your refresh rate, it'll most likely be 59 or 60hz, also try vsync on, or off if it's on

okay izzy, 1680 x 1050 works without having to change refresh rate, and so does 1280 x 768, but for some reason 1440 x 900 it doesn't. I have to drop the refresh rate down for it to work, anyway thanks for your help its workin' now, go figure

Np man, glad I could help. I'd play at 1680x1050 if I were you, that's your monitors native res, and it will give you the best picture. Plus, your 5850 should be able to handle it nearly maxed :)

Np man, glad I could help. I'd play at 1680x1050 if I were you, that's your monitors native res, and it will give you the best picture. Plus, your 5850 should be able to handle it nearly maxed :)

cool, np i'm runnin' 2 5850's in cf so no prob there

My clan just rented a 16-slot RUSH server if anyone needs a place to call home! Search HgC and it should pop up :)

Well, I finally game to grips that I'm gettin too old for this stuff. I love the game, but good lord I suck. I just can't log the hours into this game with 2 kids and full time work. I'm on rank 2 or christs sake. I'm playing with people who are 100 fold that.

Question is, what are some server names for some noobs? cuz apparently I'm one.

You just have to put the time in. I've always found that BF games have a learning curve compared to everything else. Just being good at first person shooters isn't enough in this game.

Is this you?

I $%#@! hate noob tubers.

It's me, and don't be fooled by the 5 gold stars. You get gold stars for fewer kills with explosives, and I tend only to use it when people start sitting in buildings. Spend more time using the smoke or shotgun, if I play assault at all.

Best not to trust that site too much anyway, to be honest. It doesn't seem to update everything particularly accurately.

Take stats with a grain of salt.

Playing on Pubs, sometimes the only way to defend/attack with shitty squadmates going recon is using 40mm or CG. Me vs 3/4 guys (and at least one is always a medic) = loss everytime. Pisses me off when the other squads are full too so I can't spawn on guys in the thick of the action.

Also, I get alot of kills with the CG taking out choppers on maps, or on Arica Harbor by some snipe monkey taking pot shots at me while I'm trying to line up a shot on a tank. Since there's almost no drop on these rockets, I only have to get close where he's got to headshot me. That or Port Valdez, same thing. See those little cockroaches scurry from cover to cover. Take em out on the run or blow up the tree they're trying to hide behind.

Well, I finally game to grips that I'm gettin too old for this stuff.

Question is, what are some server names for some noobs? cuz apparently I'm one.

Bah; I'm 42 and still do alright. Don't have the reflexes I used to but you can make up for that by playing smarter. Realize you're not going to be the top killer and just handle the support. Your rank will come quicker because you'll get more points doing that instead.

I did play one server called (lulz) Geezers Gaming or something like that. Search on Geezers.

Last edited:
There's a single player? :confused::rolleyes::p

Man, I highly suggest trying the single player out. It's not like Battlefield 2, it's an actual story. I never played Bad Company 1 so I can't compare. It really is an awesome story. I really think the characters are the best part. They're very unique and fit really well together. Felt like I was watching a movie sometimes.

Man, I highly suggest trying the single player out. It's not like Battlefield 2, it's an actual story. I never played Bad Company 1 so I can't compare. It really is an awesome story. I really think the characters are the best part. They're very unique and fit really well together. Felt like I was watching a movie sometimes.

Yes, there is a story, ok one. Beginnig will be slow but it get's better towards the end. I cannot say it was the best sigleplayer I played but worth spending 5 hours to it.

Things they need to do to the game.

Dramatically increase helicopter rocket damage. (Near worthless VS infantry and vehicles)

Slightly increase damage of all Assault rifles except the AN-94. (ARs are outclassed by SMGs and MGs)

Slightly decrease damage of the UMP, SCAR-L, and 09A-91. (These do higher damage than almost all ARs and MGs)

Dramatically decrease damage of the M60. (self explanatory)

Slightly increase damage of the MG3. (too weak to be of use, only does 10 damage)

Dramatically decrease damage and accuracy of the 1911. (only slightly lower damage than the Rex, hold more bullets, and shoots 75% faster)

Increase Stationary MG damage VS infantry. (not worth the risk of getting rocketed/sniped right now)

Slightly increase damage of the Bradley's main gun. (insanely weak VS infantry for what it is)

Allow Red Dot/ACOG on the M14 and G3. (the M14 has rails FFS)

Remove all forms of spawn protection.
People who have been revived should spawn with 40-60% health. (sick of killing people to watch them respawn with full health and spawn protection. I don't mind them getting revived but they come back alive stronger than me and invincible for a second or two.)

The PB bans are coming thick and fast.

I saw 4 PB kicks last night on two different servers. Strangely, one of the servers said Punkbuster was OFF in the splash screen but it was obviously on because it caught 3 'players' . Obviously they were duped into thinking PB was off.

I laughed hard.

Hot damn, sniping the pilot out of the chopper does NOT get old!

Yup, managed that 4 times in a single defence of Isla Inocentes...guys if you're attacking in Black Hawks, don't hover on the spot or move slowly, circle the first island very quickly or you're getting shot through the face :)

Shooting the pilot and gunners can be achieved with a M60 too. So funny seeing the gunner fall out from the sky

Last edited:
Here we go

73529807k.jpg

gtx4802.jpg

BC2 is quicker on a GTX 480 than a 5870, by about 10% at 19x12, nothing in it at 25x16

I'd go with an Nvidia simply because you'll get in the game 30 seconds before the 5870! Hell I've already scored 200 points before the ATi boys arrive

Anyone here used the assortment of Medic weapons?

What's the next best LMG for the Medic after the M-60?

The problem with the Apache lies in the fact that its missiles are WORTHLESS. You can't hardly hit shit with them unless you are really close to the target. Well actually the TOW missile works pretty good, but the Hellfires suck.

Question about the TOW you mention... How do you use it? I have "vehicle specialty" or whatever it's called bound under "Pilot" and "Vehicle" and I'm assuming that's what you would use as secondary fire... unfortunately it does nothing. As a pilot, does my gunner need to "paint the target" so to speak? I read something about that back when the game was in beta but the buddy I always fly with says that his secondary fire doesn't do anything either?!

Oh and speaking of secondary fire, how the hell do you shoot the machine gun on the UAV? I've seen it used in videos but still can't figure out how to get that to work either!

They really need to supply a downloadable manual with this game as far as I'm concerned.

The TOW missile is used with the right mouse button. At least in the default control scheme. It is much more powerful than the hell fires and yes, it will work in conjunction with painted targets. (Or so I believe.) I can still hit stuff without a target lock. When fired its course is fairly predictable. It basically flies straight out and then down. This is from the AH-64 Apache only. The Russian helicopter doesn't have this. Or even an equivalent as far as I know. Though I've spent much more time flying the Apache.

The machine-gun on the UAV is one of those vehicle perks...

It's really a pain to use to be honest... haha...

Allow Red Dot/ACOG on the M14 and G3. (the M14 has rails FFS)

god yes, they need to allow optics on the M14. i want to like this rifle but i am so ineffective with it using the iron sights. personally i like the G3 as an iron-sights-only weapon.

Yes but rails are available for G3 rifles. There is no reason for any of these weapons not to have optics.

BC2 is quicker on a GTX 480 than a 5870, by about 10% at 19x12, nothing in it at 25x16

I'd go with an Nvidia simply because you'll get in the game 30 seconds before the 5870! Hell I've already scored 200 points before the ATi boys arrive

take your fanboi-ism to the videocard forum kthx

How the hell do you use the Tracer dart with the gustav??

Last edited:
The TOW missile is used with the right mouse button. At least in the default control scheme. It is much more powerful than the hell fires and yes, it will work in conjunction with painted targets. (Or so I believe.) I can still hit stuff without a target lock. When fired its course is fairly predictable. It basically flies straight out and then down. This is from the AH-64 Apache only. The Russian helicopter doesn't have this. Or even an equivalent as far as I know. Though I've spent much more time flying the Apache.

Weird... maybe I've been trying this in the Russian chopper and that's why it wasn't working. Either way, that's very odd that the TOW is Apache only! Do you know if the gunner can shoot a tracking dart or guide the missile somehow though?

Anyone here used the assortment of Medic weapons?

What's the next best LMG for the Medic after the M-60?

behind the M60, i like both the XM8 LMG and MG36 equally. i usually play with one of these instead of the M60 because the M60 feels a little cheap - personal opinion only, not judging anyone :). I don't use the MG36 in HC games because the red dot sight does not work. this is a known bug but it's not a big deal for me since i rarely play in HC games.

Weird... maybe I've been trying this in the Russian chopper and that's why it wasn't working. Either way, that's very odd that the TOW is Apache only! Do you know if the gunner can shoot a tracking dart or guide the missile somehow though?

im pretty sure i have used the tow in the havok. my buddy was painting targets and compaining about the crappy hud.

I hate the hud of the havok as well, it restricts yoru view more then the apache and can be disorenting to fly.

The machine-gun on the UAV is one of those vehicle perks...

It's really a pain to use to be honest... haha...

OK, that's what I was thinking it might be. So you have to select that package and then the gun is fired using the right mouse button I take it?

Also, is it that very last one you unlock where the icon for the package highlights the machine gun on top of a tank? They really need better descriptions for what all the upgrades do.

im pretty sure i have used the tow in the havok. my buddy was painting targets and compaining about the crappy hud.

I hate the hud of the havok as well, it restricts yoru view more then the apache and can be disorenting to fly.

WTF?! I know I've flown both the Apache and Havok with my friend and he says his secondary fire does nothing. Is the TOW and "tracer dart" or whatever it is you use to "paint" only available with a certain vehicle upgrade package or something?

I haven't been able to fire TOW missiles either:(

Oh, and can I just say that I hate the A-10 cock-tease in the campaign? I wanna fly the Hog dammit!

you can only use the TOW if you have a certain specialty enabled...I don't remember which one, but I am sure someone can chime in

I'm starting to get sick of getting killed by the M60 and 1911 every death. People sniping me from 100 yards away from the 1911 is just getting fucking old.

take your fanboi-ism to the videocard forum kthx

Ohhh, sensitive.

It's not a 'fanboi-ism' it is a fact. Take a look at the BC2 numbers in the chart and tell me if I'm wrong?

Can you get in the game quickly with your card? Most ATi users can not, have most of the vehicles already gone...are there points on the scoreboard? These are valid points when considering a GFX purchase for BC2 until ATi sort it out with drivers.

Ohhh, sensitive.

It's not a 'fanboi-ism' it is a fact. Take a look at the BC2 numbers in the chart and tell me if I'm wrong?

Can you get in the game quickly with your card? Most ATi users can not, have most of the vehicles already gone...are there points on the scoreboard? These are valid points when considering a GFX purchase for BC2 until ATi sort it out with drivers.

Yeah if you ATI users dont have a friend that plays with you that uses NVIDIA then youve got no idea how bad you have it. I am literally in the server playing 15-30 seconds after clicking the join button on the server list. My m8 takes 3 mins atleast.

behind the M60, i like both the XM8 LMG and MG36 equally. i usually play with one of these instead of the M60 because the M60 feels a little cheap - personal opinion only, not judging anyone :). I don't use the MG36 in HC games because the red dot sight does not work. this is a known bug but it's not a big deal for me since i rarely play in HC games.

Yeah, cheap and dirty - I love it. Anyway it's platinumed and it's time for a change.

Thanks, the MG36 is an interesting prospect. The built in red dot will free up a perk for starters. I understand the fire rate is rapid and nice accuracy. I'll try it tonight

Back