Bad Company 2

Personally aside from a few log in complaints, and a couple GUI errors I'm having a pretty hassle free experience, no lag, no graphic glitching, etc...etc...With that said the one major problem I have and it is driving me nuts is the simple fact that I can't talk in game with my mic. No clue why. Works fine in steam, windows, and ventrilo but nothing in game.

Really makes me feel like I'm not part of the team since I hate typing commands and what not in games.

How is that gun?.. I look at it every time and then decide to go with the thompson

In the beta it was great, I used it all the time instead of the medic LMGs. The upgrade gives you 12 shots and it's pretty good at putting people down for something that's supposed to fire a weaker shell. Prefer it to the 870, if you don't kill the person with the first shot with that thing they can often finish you off while you're dancing around waiting for the next one.

Personally aside from a few log in complaints, and a couple GUI errors I'm having a pretty hassle free experience, no lag, no graphic glitching, etc...etc...With that said the one major problem I have and it is driving me nuts is the simple fact that I can't talk in game with my mic. No clue why. Works fine in steam, windows, and ventrilo but nothing in game.

Really makes me feel like I'm not part of the team since I hate typing commands and what not in games.

I haven't heard any voice/communications.....what am I doing wrong?

Or is no one talking (alt for mic)....will try Q once the server is up.

Last edited:
I haven't heard any voice/communications.....what am I doing wrong?

It's broken. I don't know anyone that actually has got it running.

The lag in this game is terrible! Borderline un-playable.

No lag, or problems here (other than the server going down).

But, I'm play BC2 w/ Win 7, a Quad cpu (Q9550), and an ATI 5870............all smooth as a babies behind.

Hope this helps.

Not even a new motherboard or an "i" Intel processor.

well I have played all the medal of honor, call of duty NOT including the last pos and all the BF games.
Can not connect to EA can't do this can't find that....no ping display.
I rate this mess as a 1 out of 10.

poor design and worse game play.
I was in a game last night and a Helo could not die.....WORSE than the BS in BF2. 3 rockets in a row and it was smoking, flies off and returns 1 minute later at full. And with the small maps this is beyond stupid.

In the beta it was great, I used it all the time instead of the medic LMGs. The upgrade gives you 12 shots and it's pretty good at putting people down for something that's supposed to fire a weaker shell. Prefer it to the 870, if you don't kill the person with the first shot with that thing they can often finish you off while you're dancing around waiting for the next one.

for me it depends on the server type, for hardcore I find the 870 owns, almost always 1 hit kill at close-med range, in normal the saiga is better. Im looking forward to unlocking the spas though lol

Last edited:
Now I can't even connect to any multiplayer servers without crashing straight to desktop. Sigh...

Single player is mediocre, and punkbuster issues keep from me from playing multiplayer.
Waste of money.

for me it depends on the server type, for hardcore I find the 870 owns, almost always 1 hit kill at close-med range, in normal the saiga is better. Im looking forward to unlocking the spas though lol

Not sure. I think it's another pump-action, the stats seem so close to the 870 I couldn't care less about unlocking it. Some of the later ones look good though.

Not sure. I think it's another pump-action, the stats seem so close to the 870 I couldn't care less about unlocking it. Some of the later ones look good though.

ya im not sure, but someone in game was telling me how the spas seems to just work better than the 870, unfortunally he didnt comment further than that lol. guess I'll have to wait and see, only rank 9 right anow and no time to play till tommorow lol.

400% greater peak traffic than any BF game prior is significant. That's a tough number to plan for.

Despite the hiccups, the game is still awesome. My old BF team had 10 people on vent last night - hasn't happened in YEARS.

The thing is, had they given the ability for teh average joe to setup and host their own BFBC2 server on their home server, none of this shit would have occures but because ALL teh servers we played it are connected to EA's wonderful master server, it CANNOT take the load.

When I try to snipe long range, it's like my cursor is on a grid. I'll move the mouse over ever so slightly, and the cursor will "chink" over in a not-so-smooth fashion. It's like the game has finite limits on the resolution. Has anyone else noticed this when sniping????

The thing is, had they given the ability for teh average joe to setup and host their own BFBC2 server on their home server, none of this shit would have occures but because ALL teh servers we played it are connected to EA's wonderful master server, it CANNOT take the load.

Oopsies, somebody doesn't know how a master server works!

Or that is been in pretty much all server browsers since the late 90's....

biggest cash cow
Actually, the funny thing about that is that there are more people playing the PC version than the X360 and PS3 versions combined.

...like the guy above me said. That's whatcha get when you post without reading, I suppose.

just played for an hour. man this game really pisses me off with all its bugs but when it works, its a hell of a lot of fun.

Also does the garand show in game? i got veteran status but it didnt tell me anything in game. Do i get the standard unlock graphic or no

Just finished a game as defenders on Port Valdez, Rush. I went recon the whole way and basically camped at MCOM station A. Sniping, diffusing, mortar striking and most fun of all taking out tanks. They must have been noobs because the whole round not one MCOM was destroyed from the beginning, and I managed to destroy 10/10 heavy tanks that they brought out.

Seriously, once you get the groove of the Recon class, you can play cat and mouse with your opponent, snipe afar and the 1911 pistol is just deadly up close and even medium range... mortar or C4 charges let you set up traps and destroy vehicles - it's definitely the best class for defense.

I just love shooting someone in the back several times (with the Saiga no less) without killing them, then they turn around and own me.

/sarcasm

At least I was able to actually, you know, play.

Now that I got it working I think squads are a bit broken. You really should only be able to spawn off your squad leader.

Single player is mediocre, and punkbuster issues keep from me from playing multiplayer.
Waste of money.

While I sympathize with the MP issues, I wouldn't write the game off as a waste of money until you do actually get to play. I'm sure this is very similar to what happened to WoW when it was released. I think they released 12 or 15 servers but was so overwhelmed they were up to 45 servers by the end of the second month and still had to add more. I'm thinking BFBC2 is suffering from similar circumstances.

Its stable again and now my friends list correctly shows people online, much easier to see and join with friends now, looks like they're making progress.

Oh yeah did I mention how much I love the SAW, accuracy over sustained bursts, love it, level 14 now with all the assault unlocks and a bunch of medic and engine unlocks, just grabbed the 3rd AT gun and you can guide the missiles, it's a crying shame it thats that long to unlock when theres black hawks and apaches flying around owning so much.

bout the only gripe i have is the 100000 servers i cant connect to, no error message or anything, just decides to not join a lot of servers.

How do you guys not have asstons of input lag? I can't even run this game 1280x1024 at low settings without unplayable input lag! This is on both sig rigs tested on three different monitors. My FPS are fine, but the controls are "heavy" and totally imprecise. Someone help!

How do you guys not have asstons of input lag? I can't even run this game 1280x1024 at low settings without unplayable input lag! This is on both sig rigs tested on three different monitors. My FPS are fine, but the controls are "heavy" and totally imprecise. Someone help!

update video drivers if you haven't already. also try messing with the RenderAheadLimit value. you'll find it in My Documents > BFBC2 > settings.ini

default value is 2. would recommend trying values 0 through 3.

I haven't experienced any issues with input lag in the beta and release of BC2 though.

I had what felt like input lag in the beta, for me it seemed to be directly proportional to my frame rate, once I moved away from ~30FPS to 60+ it was completely gone. Also if you're running vsync make sure it's turned off.

update video drivers if you haven't already. also try messing with the RenderAheadLimit value. you'll find it in My Documents > BFBC2 > settings.ini

default value is 2. would recommend trying values 0 through 3.

I haven't experienced any issues with input lag in the beta and release of BC2 though.

Using Catalyst 10.2's with the 4890, but I'm also getting input lag using a GTX 260. I'm thinking it's a platform issue, not a video card issue. I'll try fiddling with those settings.

I had what felt like input lag in the beta, for me it seemed to be directly proportional to my frame rate, once I moved away from ~30FPS to 60+ it was completely gone. Also if you're running vsync make sure it's turned off.

Vsync is off, framerate is buttery smooth. But input lag persists. :mad:

Anyone know the definitive reason for the CTD??? It doesn't happen very often, but it happens enough to really make me want to rip someone's head off. 2500 point game.... CTD. Stare at screen and curse.

Anyone know the definitive reason for the CTD??? It doesn't happen very often, but it happens enough to really make me want to rip someone's head off. 2500 point game.... CTD. Stare at screen and curse.

Whatever they did to the servers today I started experiencing CTD's 2-3 times per round, yesterday I had none in over 4 hours! WTF EA!

Back