Bad Company 2

Great game! I changed my fov to 65 and I can play with pretty much everything maxed out now. That doesn't seem to make sense, unless something weird is happening with LOD right?

Got my "Kicked from game" issues resolved, it was old PB files from the BC2BETA. I deleted the files off my computer and that problem is gone.

My only complaint (the server browser doesnt count WE ALL KNOW ITS FUCKED UP)

Is more Conquest maps. I expect more then just 5. Lets hope they do a remake of a 1942 map.

Just more MAPS my only complaint.

I have more Serverside complaints...but they are SLOWLY fixing em

I wanna see a Karkand, Jalalabad, and Wake Island.

I think Kark and Jal are more geared towards > 32 people though.

I played my first MP last night, the game is a f*cking blast! Non-stop heart pounding action. You run into a building for cover, only to watch two of the sides blow out in front of your face from a tank shell. I was trading fire with this guy, we were ducking in and out of cover. He kept moving closer, and once he was near my building I guess he spotted one of my team and opened up on him. I sprinted out, got in close and knifed him. I actually saw the knife stab into the back of his head and the blood splatter. One of the most satisfying moments in gaming history ;)

The siren/alarm at the end of a Conquest match has got to go! At the very least, reduce the volume or stop it when the "Your team WON/LOST" screen comes up. I don't think I'll play Conquest again until something is done about that.

The siren/alarm at the end of a Conquest match has got to go! At the very least, reduce the volume or stop it when the "Your team WON/LOST" screen comes up. I don't think I'll play Conquest again until something is done about that.

LOL I accually posted in the EA admin forums to make this a serverside option.

I REALLY WANT THE FUCKING HORN TURNED OFF

Yeah, that horn is ridiculous. It isn't useful at all.

Manually updating Punkbuster has sorted out my 'kick' issues.

Manual updater here

I made sure the BC2 beta install directory and the directory under username\documents\ were deleted also

Now I need to work on 'lost connection' and CTD issues!

My M1 appeared 2 days after redeeming my code. I think they're just backlogged.

Hmm thats strange.. All mine appeared as soon as i entered code..

and the M1 appeared as soon as I logged into game after updating battlefield veteran

Hmm thats strange.. All mine appeared as soon as i entered code..

and the M1 appeared as soon as I logged into game after updating battlefield veteran

My Vet score still says 0, but it recognized my BF2 and BF2:SF accounts...and now I have the M1.

Can someone tell me the path and steps to update punkbuster on a Steam install of BC2? My Steam directory is on my D: drive. I attempted to update punkbuster last night and the update program was not able to find the directory. I thought I figured it out but afterward I still had issues getting into any servers.

what other maps have the attack choppers in them besides port valdez(3rd of 4 checkpoints) and atacama desert?

are there seriously only 2 maps with a chopper? :(

also anyone laugh alot when BC2 single player kept making fun of MW2? cuz it was funny as hell

A note on frame-rate in this game while fighting, I noticed on my system @1600x1200 High settings 4xAA 16xAF it ranges from 90-80fps while running on the ground to 55-65fps while in a tank in the jungle with lots of trees to slow downs of 20fps when a tank shell explods right in front of you in the desert maps. I guess the sand\smoke really taxes the GPU's bandwidth?? I'm not sure why it slows down so much.

Question: Did anyone receive the promised "Vehicle Motion Senor"? hahah

4408382023_0069264c10_o.png

So have any of the issues been resolved/addressed? Is it worth jumping in right now?

So have any of the issues been resolved/addressed? Is it worth jumping in right now?

I played last night MP the first sever I got on was almost instantly kicked due to punkbuster but then got on a different server and played for a bit over an hour np at all. Most of the problems seem to have been ironed out for the most part, but that may vary from person to person.

I must have played 2-3 hours straight on a single server last night during prime hours without a hitch.

Rush mode is awesome. I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do but now I'll pick a Rush server over Conquest, any day.

OMG, I have have to bump this. After 3 days of conquest a bunch of buddies and I decided to try rush last night. SOOOOO EPIC! The desert map may be the best in the game and the night map....so incredible!

My M1 appeared 2 days after redeeming my code. I think they're just backlogged.

Weird thing happenign with me. I had the unlocks when I reedemed my code when i first started the game. As I played online, for some reason I "unlocked" the engi repair tool. I had this when i first started playing so I was like... okay cool I unlocked it twice.

Well now it's GONE!? It says its unlocked under my gadgets too! I even have a damn bronze star with it! But I can't select it in game. Same with the defibulator. I don't know wtf happened but it's pretty lame. Not in any way shape or form a gamebreaker for me though. I mainly play assault.

Very strange though.

Question - say I wanted to rank up my recon class to get the M95 50 cal rifle; do I have to play and use just sniper rifles? or can I get away with using other guns but still in the recon class?

I'm pretty good at sniping, but when your team is on attack it's pretty selfish of you to still be holding a sniper rifle and not rush......I want to unlock the M95 SOOO bad.

Question - say I wanted to rank up my recon class to get the M95 50 cal rifle; do I have to play and use just sniper rifles? or can I get away with using other guns but still in the recon class?

I'm pretty good at sniping, but when your team is on attack it's pretty selfish of you to still be holding a sniper rifle and not rush......I want to unlock the M95 SOOO bad.

you0 can use any gun, just have to be on the recon class.

Does anyone else have a problem with HBAO being too bright some maps? Its sooooo bright one some maps my visibility is shit like I cant see more than 5ft infront of me

Oh definitely chai.. Sometimes explosions/smoke/dust storms/ snow storms are solid walls, as opposed to being opaque/semi transparent as you'd expect...makes the single player very annoying.

has anyone unlocked anything for the second specialization slot? Just wondering what can be put in there, since all my unlocks so far have just stayed in the first

has anyone unlocked anything for the second specialization slot? Just wondering what can be put in there, since all my unlocks so far have just stayed in the first

You'll get a bunch later, don't worry. Magnum ammo, body armor, and shotgun clip extension just to name a few off the top of my head.

OK I got a question for everyone. Has anyone ever shot their 40MM nade launcher and had it do nothing? Like you shoot it at someone who is like 10 feet in front of you and it makes no explosions and does no damage just like you shot a blank. This seems to happen to me all the fucking time and it's infuriating.

You'll get a bunch later, don't worry. Magnum ammo, body armor, and shotgun clip extension just to name a few off the top of my head.

OK I got a question for everyone. Has anyone ever shot their 40MM nade launcher and had it do nothing? Like you shoot it at someone who is like 10 feet in front of you and it makes no explosions and does no damage just like you shot a blank. This seems to happen to me all the fucking time and it's infuriating.

Thanks. To answer your question, that happens to me all the time, if I shoot it too close to myself. I'm pretty sure it's implemented on purpose to prevent you from using it at close range. It wasn't this way in the beta, but I vaguely remember them patching this into bf2 as well (I could be wrong on that one, though).

Thanks. To answer your question, that happens to me all the time, if I shoot it too close to myself. I'm pretty sure it's implemented on purpose to prevent you from using it at close range. It wasn't this way in the beta, but I vaguely remember them patching this into bf2 as well (I could be wrong on that one, though).

That's a safety mechanism built into grenade launchers. (From my understanding unless it's changed for more modern guns) For the gernade to be armed it requires so many rotations in the air, which in turn equates to going x amount of distance (This way you don't kill yourself if you accidently shoot the wall infront of you.

But in short that was done on purpose so that people can't run around and shoot the grenade launcher like they are playing quake.

That's a safety mechanism built into grenade launchers. (From my understanding unless it's changed for more modern guns) For the gernade to be armed it requires so many rotations in the air, which in turn equates to going x amount of distance (This way you don't kill yourself if you accidently shoot the wall infront of you.

But in short that was done on purpose so that people can't run around and shoot the grenade launcher like they are playing quake.

Ah cool. I know in the beta I would use it in close quarters and shoot the floor. The splash damage wasn't enough to commit suicide, but you could kill enemies easy enough. Yes, it was cheap, but effective. I'm glad they fixed it though.

Back