Bad Company 2

I have same problem with connecting. Lots of connection errors and telling me to check my internet obviously. I can get it to work sometimes. I have got into 2 servers since i bought it and both times it played really well once i got in. The steam promo codes are now showing up too so i was able to finally enter my LE codes.

This game is fucking AWESOME!!! Running 5040 x 1050 mid/high settings with 2xmsaa and 4xAF getting an average of 42 fps in game. Eyefinity ftw.

Yeah ..

to put it bluntly.. Prone in battlefield is Horrible.. (dunno if you played BF2 or not).. But 2 words. DOLPHIN DIVING

Im soo glad they did not put prone in BFBC.. They actually did something right for a change!!.. lol

This. I hate the dolphin divers from 1942. Soooo glad there's no prone in this one.

I finally got to play online. Took several attempts to actually connect to the EA servers and I was totally lost, confused and didn't help my team one bit. In my first several rounds I got knifed more times than I got kills and STILL had a blast. Played a couple hours and got several unlocks/badges including the noob destroyer (nade launcher). Lulz at having that pulleed out and meeting an enemy coming around the corner. BOOM right to the soup cooler.

I also found out a couple things:

1. While you're getting to know the game, stick to the perimeter of the maps and work your way into the fringe of the action.

2. The ATVs are fucking AWESOME! Go ripping through the maps, tearing up chainlink fencing with them and bouncing around like a retard on speed.

3. Don't expect to do well for awhile. Just have fun and the upgrades will come.

i just bought a retail copy and added to my steam works great no problems
its hard finding a good server and iam on a 20mb/s internet conection.

The good news: The game runs surprisingly well on my machine (Q6600, 2GB DDR2, and 8800GT) at 1280x1024 medium settings. And it looks really good, even at these modest settings. Also, the game is extremely fun.

The bad news: I've barely been able to log any playing time online due to all the connectivity issues. It's seriously a major problem. EA/DICE need to take care of this ASAP.

Finally had some time to play MP for 30 minutes. I love it. SLI wasn't working for me on the beta, but now it is, and its a whole new game.

Good thing this game has decent singleplayer. Being able to connect to a server is basically a crap-shoot at the moment. I hope that isn't the case by the weekend though, as I miss playing online. And that comes from someone who doesn't generally enjoy online play.

i just bought it at 7:00pm PST had it downloaded (steam) bye 8 and just played 45mins worth.

the squad setup is much more difficult to understand than in BF2, but the overall game play is fun. There is not nearly the same amount of teamwork and such as was in BF2 but that may change as more people play.

32 people seems to be a good amount, I enjoyed the large maps and 64 servers in BF2

there are a lot of little bugs, text in the wrong language, typeos ands such in the descriptions.

It was wierd to see that you cannot revive or heal with medic until you play and get points and such...

I did not play the beta and jsut bought it.

I can say it is more enjoyable than MW2 for me, but I loved BF2 and find this to be much less polished.

here is hoping to many updates and addins for the game.

after I manually updated pb it worked fine for connecting to servers

I've got a 5870 and it looks great, but how can you tell if you're using DX11?

By default, the game chooses the highest DX level your hardware and OS supports. If you want to make sure it's using DX11, open the settings.ini file and switch DxVersion from auto to 11. Although, there is very little difference from DX11 compared to 10. Mainly, there is different type of shadowing being used, but from a quick run through of each path, it's not visually noticeable.

This game is ridiculously fun. I am so glad I bought it.
This is the one and only game where you actually feel in war and the sounds are actually good. Very Impressive.

just tried playing for the last 20 mins and couldnt join a single server. however, mine hasnt been working right since i got it because of their end

I have not logged in even 1 min online with this game, its been 2 days, this is getting rediculous

Just got another 2 or so hours in tonight. Absolutely amazing. Love this game. End of story. No connectivity issues tonight for me.

My limited key just showed up, gonna try to redeem it.

Go to Steam > Library > right click on BC2 (View CD Key) > It should show up below your cd key.

If it doesn't show up, maybe try restarting steam.

Update - It worked.

Last edited:
If you are having connection problems update punkbuster manually (d/l from their site http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php)
and make sure you add BF2 to the list once you install it, if you choose it from their own list it points to the BETA, make sure it's pointign to the games directory instead.

Once I did this the game stopped saying "connection to EA server lost" every time I tried to play mp (and it worked fine for me yesterday).

The M95 is fucking nasty!!!

Sounds like a cannon is launching....just the way it should be.

I have been playing this game since midnight the other night. Not straight of course, but I have been able to log in around 11 hours of gameplay.

Over all this is a fantastic game. The gameplay is set to a good pace on most of the maps. All of the maps seem to funnel the troops to a certain point and because of that it can become chaotic for a minute or two, but after that it is smooth sailing.

If you work as a squad you can accomplish great things just like in BF2. The ability to spawn on any member who is a part of your squad is a wonderful asset and has been used thoroughly during a good game.

I had a few connection issues yesterday, but today I played on My clan's server, [LOC], and had no bugs for connection issues/CTDs/ or anything else go wrong while gaming.

If you have noticed that your ping seems wayyy to high on any server you are on. Just subtract 100 and that is your true ping ;).

Overall, very fun step up from BF2. I was always a fan of infantry only in BF2. With BFBC2, there are some maps that are just amazing for good squad play. I have played Rush mode pretty much exclusively since i started the game up and enjoy it more then conquest. Something about it just makes more sense.

Ever since I updated my nVidia driver to the latest release, on chance that I alt tab my driver will stop working and crash the game. Eventually recovers but anyone else got this problem?

Ever since I updated my nVidia driver to the latest release, on chance that I alt tab my driver will stop working and crash the game. Eventually recovers but anyone else got this problem?

Happened to me once with the most recent catalyst drivers too so it dont seem to be an nvidia problem.

So, now when full game is out could you tell me if it worth to switch to this game from BF2142?

I watched some gameplay videos yesterday.
- Sound is excellent.
- Graphics looks more sofisticated but not as clean as in BF2142.
- Gameplay is a bit claustrofobick in comparison with BF2142.

Is there a stealth gameplay in BFBC2? In BF2142 I like to be a squad leader sniper with cloack and decoy devices. To break through enemy lines I use cloak to get close to enemy, then I drop decoy and run invisible visually and on the radars through enemy lines , then I either hide to let team memebers quietly spawn on me behind enemy lines or drop a beacon and charge into the battle. Is anything like that possible in BFBC2?

Of course I realise there is not decoys or cloack devices. Still, the question is it run and gun game or some strategy can be used as well?

So, now when full game is out could you tell me if it worth to switch to this game from BF2142?

I watched some gameplay videos yesterday.
- Sound is excellent.
- Graphics looks more sofisticated but not as clean as in BF2142.
- Gameplay is a bit claustrofobick in comparison with BF2142.

Is there a stealth gameplay in BFBC2? In BF2142 I like to be a squad leader sniper with cloack and decoy devices. To break through enemy lines I use cloak to get close to enemy, then I drop decoy and run invisible visually and on the radars through enemy lines , then I either hide to let team memebers quietly spawn on me behind enemy lines or drop a beacon and charge into the battle. Is anything like that possible in BFBC2?

Of course I realise there is not decoys or cloack devices. Still, the question is it run and gun game or some strategy can be used as well?

Yes strategy is needed if thats what you mean....No cloaks but theres a sweet .45 pistol that will put a hole threw your face. Beats a cloak any day.

Last edited:
Yes strategy is needed if thats what you mean....No cloaks but theres a sweet .45 pistol that will put a hole through your face. Beats a cloak any day.

Hehe :) Nice replacement for a cloak. I guess it wont work if you need to run through 16 people enemy lines , the moment you take out the pistol you are dead already. At least in BF2142 on 64 people servers it's not an option to do that surrounded by enemy ;) That why we need stealth and cloack and decoys etc. And even with those devices it is difficult to be stealthy.

Could someone give me a good example of strategy gameplay in BFBC2? I mena something that just require you more then just to " spawn on squad memeber , take out your gun, fire and revive team mates" Something more complex like the tactiscs I explained before in BF2142?

Like making several complex actions in one sequence without duying to achieve significant advantage for your team in general and for your squad in particular?

The good thing is that they were giving bf2142 for free when you were getting beta key for bfbc2. I hope this will increase bf2142 popularity.

Last edited:
I feel bad for using it constantly, but the noob tube just rains death on anybody I point it at. I pretty much keep the tube equipped at all times so when I engage I fire it immediately, and if it doesn't kill them it'll atleast lower their HP to sub 50% levels so I can pick them off with bullets easily. And the fact that I have infinite nades with ammo boxes with the double nade loadout to reduce my downtime doesn't help me to stop using it :eek:

I've gotten enough practice with it that I can sometimes kill guys from far away, and if I cross any enemies up close I can just point at their feet for them to go away :(

But since I unlocked the 4x scope I replaced the double nade loadout with it so I haven't been nading as crazily as I have before, and if they do nerf it I honestly wouldn't mind.

Anyone has been "accused" of hacking yet? Admin tried to ban me, accusing me of hacking because I knifed his face 4 times in a row :rolleyes: his fault for not checking his back on people who likes to sneak

The bug that makes enemies look like your teammate is still there, not yet fixed :(

Well, so far this is a lot of fun. I've played about an hour of the SP, which is decent and a couple rounds of the MP. No problems getting onto a server and everything is running smoothly on high settings. Need to play more to get a feel for the game. So far it's a lot of fun though... ;)

Could someone give me a good example of strategy gameplay in BFBC2? I mena something that just require you more then just to " spawn on squad memeber , take out your gun, fire and revive team mates" Something more complex like the tactiscs I explained before in BF2142?

Most of the tactics unique to BC2 are to do with the destroyable terrain, and line of sight, you can for example get on mounted AT guns and not have line of sight because there's a object in the way, so whip out your C4, plant a few sticks and kaboom, object gone.

Terrian can be blown to bits, so people can do some cool things with that, you can create small craters to sit in, you can blow holes in roads and put AT mines in them holes which make them much harder to spot.

There are other tactics emerging out of the general gameplay as well. For example sometimes defenders clear out their own spawn area, blow their own comm stations so their current spawn area falls back and the area they're in becomes the enemy spawn area, if you can hold it for a short time all the enemy resources spawn (like tanks) which you can steal and run off with...this denies the enemy from using them, but requires sacraficing 1 or 2 of your comm stations early on.

I feel bad for using it constantly, but the noob tube just rains death on anybody I point it at. I pretty much keep the tube equipped at all times so when I engage I fire it immediately, and if it doesn't kill them it'll atleast lower their HP to sub 50% levels so I can pick them off with bullets easily. And the fact that I have infinite nades with ammo boxes with the double nade loadout to reduce my downtime doesn't help me to stop using it :eek:

I've gotten enough practice with it that I can sometimes kill guys from far away, and if I cross any enemies up close I can just point at their feet for them to go away :(

But since I unlocked the 4x scope I replaced the double nade loadout with it so I haven't been nading as crazily as I have before, and if they do nerf it I honestly wouldn't mind.

Really? Seems they put a distance on the noob tubes now where you cannot do that anymore. Only way I got to do a 'Jihad' sucide is if I was like running tords a wall at a decent distance where an enemy was then sprinting tords him with like the nade in mid air.

As far as just looking down and shooting or shooting it right in his chest, does nothing. In BETA I used to blow the shit out of my teammates when they wanted ammo because I would switch to the 203 :(

So can we play yet? I still can't get in any games, I keep getting kicked immediately.

So what's the verdict for dx11 and this game? Should I upgrade to a 5870?

Depends what res you play in, and what's reasonable for you. At 1920x1200, I enjoyed mine single in 5870 at 4aa/16af all maxed but no hbao. Threw in my second one and playing 8/16 with no lag at all, can probably tweak it higher.

I had a few CTD's both in SP and MP. I'm not getting kicked, like many do, but i had hard time joining servers yesterday and everything is up to date. Server browser is a nightmare right now.

This build is IMO way beyond BETA. I had a bit of an input lag, not too bad, but still little noticeable in DX10, so i switched to DX9 and visually i see no difference, but boy does it run smooth. Even on medium it looks very nice. I was able to play only 4-5 rounds yesterday on 3 maps and i'm sure with some tweaking it can get even better later on. Sound also improved a lot, and with War Tapes option it's crazy. Other than connection issues, i don't think i can complain about anything at this point in time (although i played very little). I'm happy, it looks like i'll have a game to play now for a while...

Have they fixed any issues from the the beta yet? besides sorting in the server browser and adjustable FOV? Is there a planned fix list?

Great game.

For those who are having some server issues, and I've experienced some myself....

When searching for servers, or refreshing, I usually have to wait about a min... and then I cancel it.... 5 seconds later the servers pop up....... You guys can try that.

Cant wait to play tonight! Ive been playing single player through a vpn but multiplayer doesnt work right.

It opens up in 8 hours woot.

Have only managed to get through one round without getting kicked or
unable to connect. Had higher hopes for support. It seems to me that
those of us unable to connect are being penalized. Those able to play the game are ranking up and unlocking new, more powerful weapons. When Dice fixes the problem, if not very soon, we will be at a disadvantage. This sucks. End of rant...

Have only managed to get through one round without getting kicked or
unable to connect. Had higher hopes for support. It seems to me that
those of us unable to connect are being penalized. Those able to play the game are ranking up and unlocking new, more powerful weapons. When Dice fixes the problem, if not very soon, we will be at a disadvantage. This sucks. End of rant...

To be fair, DICE did their job - it's up to EA to maintain the infrastructure. That's how I understand it anyway.

Back