Bad Company 2

screenshots please :)

All settings at maximum, 8xAA, 16xAF, HBAO is on.

Performance: 30-35 fps most of the time with 8xAA. If lowered to 4xAA I get about 45-60. Turning HBAO off also increases fps greatly and removes mouse lag.

The lack of server browser interactivity really kills it for me. You have to wait 2 minutes for the fucking server browser to load, and by that time the servers that had a lot of people in them are full. It's so god damn annoying.

All settings at maximum, 8xAA, 16xAF, HBAO is on.

Performance: 30-35 fps most of the time with 8xAA. If lowered to 4xAA I get about 45-60. Turning HBAO off also increases fps greatly and removes mouse lag.

Thank you, nice to see some other weather conditions than snow :D

Looks very nice!

as usual nice screens DennisK4. you are the master of screenshots :)

do you have vsync enabled? that eliminated screen tear for me.

vsync might help but all my other games run fine without any screen tearing. But i cant stand vsync turned on, it feels slow and slugish,.

the game just wont let me select my native resolution with native hz, im pissed right now.

vsync might help but all my other games run fine without any screen tearing. But i cant stand vsync turned on, it feels slow and slugish,.

the game just wont let me select my native resolution with native hz, im pissed right now.

1hz, seriously?

anyone know where I can edit the.ini file is so that the game wont crash back to desktop??? ... :p sorry old EA GAMES\ BF1942 joke.:D

IS anyone able to download the game from steam right now? Servers are too busy to even get it started.

Just hammer the "Install game" option. I had to do this non-stop for a few minutes. You'll get through eventually.

Bought off Bestbuy.com with a couple reward zone certificates so I was able to pick it up for half price! Really looking forward to trying this out! :D

I'm so thoroughly impressed by the immersion, but especially the sound. I get that tingly feeling when I empty a mag into an enemy and can hear my casings dropping to the ground. Good stuff

Does PC Version offer anything better compared to console counterparts? Or is this going to be multiplatform POS like SupCom2 and MW2?

Can I use my cd key from steam to play a downloaded copy from the internet?

yes you can, the game uses an ea master account like bf2/2142 so the key is registered to your ea account.

Does not matter where you get your client from.

I look forward to playing this with my clan in DEDICATED servers. It should keep me busy until BF3 is released. We are tired of losing left4dead2 versus games anyway.

I added the promo key to the "redeem code" under multiplayer tab. Is this suppose to unlock anything? Under weapon and gadgets, the tagging pistol is still greyed out..

edit: Nevermind. You must join a game first, and then it'll update

Last edited:
so far all the servers seem pretty laggy for some reason. im not the only one to noticed it either, lots pf people in random games comment on it as well.

Not sure whats causes it but hope its fixed soon, game is still playable and the lag isnt persistent, seems to come and go.

anyone getting good download speeds off the Atlanta or Chicago server? Mine are crawling at 138Kbps :\

anyone getting good download speeds off the Atlanta or Chicago server? Mine are crawling at 138Kbps :\

I downloaded at 1.6MB/sec from Chicago easily three hours ago between 3 and 4:15 PM.

Man, between the PS3 shitstorm and this game's preloading issue, I am really thinking the generation behind me are a huge bunch of whiners (not directed at you neokeelo). It's been ONE DAY! One day! People expect flawless performance for something that's really under no one's control. Things will always need to be worked out.

All I can say is BF:BC2 is going to take away MANY hours from me. Absolutely the best modern combat FPS game I've played in a long time. The retail version stomps all over the BETA and runs a hell of a lot better. It also looks damn nice too.

I suck at this game. Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to play and not keep getting killed? It's been a while since I wanted to play an online FPS. I don't even know how to use the medic and engineer commands. ugh!!

Can anyone tell me where you find your Screenshots at. IE where it saves them to. I am running windows 7 64bit if that matters. I just let the game install in the directory it wanted to install in. I hit the print screen button on my merc keyboard and from what I can tell it is taking the SS's but I want to look and make sure

Single player is a fucking blast! I'm totally blown away by how fun this game is. Graphics are fantastic, I've got everything maxed out, except I turned HBAO off because it feels a bit slow with it on and I can't notice a damn difference.

bfbc2_01.jpg

bfbc2_02.jpg

bfbc2_03.jpg

bfbc2_04.jpg

bfbc2_05.jpg

bfbc2_06.jpg

I couldn't figure out where/how to take in-game shots so I'm using fraps.

I get some weird stuttering during certain parts of the campaign too. My theory is that the game is maxing out my video card's ram. I have high fps during the stutter (50+), but it is almost seizure inducing. It only persists in certain areas and stops when i move past the area in question. I am running sli'd 260's (896 mb) at max settings, hbao on, 1920x1200 and think that's my best guess.

On a positive note, the campaign is surprisingly fun! So much so that I have yet to try out the mp, which was the sole reason I was interested in the game, being a bf2 fanatic back in the day.

two questions:

anyone else unable to see any ping times in the server browser?

and

what's the recommended FOV setting i should be using for a 4:3 monitor at 1280x1024?

this game is SO GOOD! :)

edit: okay so i guess i kind've mis-spoke, as 1280x1024 is actually 5:4, but my question still stands. i'm wondering if cranking up the FOV from the default of 55 will net me any benefits?

Last edited:
I see ping times for most servers except for 10. They are all at 1 and I'm doubting it's really that low. Is there a way to add a new server to your favorites?

This is amazing. Overwhelming positive feedback for a Battlefield game? One that's a console port!?!?!? Who's ever seen that happen before?!?!?!

Yes, folks, it's a winner.

Issues seem minor.

Back