Bad Company 2

ebs5049

Limp Gawd
Yeah I haven't had any problems logging in either

I'm just getting frustrated as all hell. I can't go a single game with a positive KDR no matter what I do :mad:

00PS

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeah I haven't had any problems logging in either

I'm just getting frustrated as all hell. I can't go a single game with a positive KDR no matter what I do :mad:
I'm not sure of your tactics, but it also depends on the map and player in the games. If the game is just a mortar/tank/heli/cg fest then you're gonna have problem with cover, which leads to massive pain. Are you playing regular (softcore) or hardcore?

Low rank also makes it harder since you don't have all the guns/tools at your disposal. Find low level or newbie servers to help build your rank.

aciddrink

Gawd
I've tried playing BC2 again recently, and found that all my previous favorite servers are always heavily stacked on one side. Chances are, when you join the server you filled the spot of somebody that left in frustration on the losing team, which means you're joining the losing team.

It's funny, if somebody from the winning team leaves, it takes less than a few seconds for people to switch teams and fill that spot.

ebs5049

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure of your tactics, but it also depends on the map and player in the games. If the game is just a mortar/tank/heli/cg fest then you're gonna have problem with cover, which leads to massive pain. Are you playing regular (softcore) or hardcore?

Low rank also makes it harder since you don't have all the guns/tools at your disposal. Find low level or newbie servers to help build your rank.
I tried Hardcore and gave up pretty much immediately and now playing Softcore. I found that I did better when I get better weapons with attachments but starting off at such a low rank is a pain with this game. Atleast with CoD I found it easier to hold your own at a low rank than this. I'm gonna look into newbie servers. Thanks

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
I tried Hardcore and gave up pretty much immediately and now playing Softcore. I found that I did better when I get better weapons with attachments but starting off at such a low rank is a pain with this game. Atleast with CoD I found it easier to hold your own at a low rank than this. I'm gonna look into newbie servers. Thanks

most of the newbie weapons in BC2 are actually the better weapons. just takes practice getting them down. maps like heavy metal and harvest are usually the better maps to play as a noobie since they are spread out you don't have people on top of you constantly so you can work on your aim and burst firing from a distance. ends up helping in the long run when you get into smaller maps.

I can't play this anymore. Too much lag, fps is dropping for no reason.
check your drivers/hardware then because i've never had a frame rate issue in this game.. the lag problem i've had but its only on california based servers due to comcast's shitty routing here in washington which is why i stick to seattle based servers.

jadams

2[H]4U
CoD I found it easier
your problem. This isnt CoD. You dont need to have a positive KDR to win a match or end up in first place.

Stay in cover, dont run out in the open, dont get anxious, play with friends, memorize the maps, PLAY AS IF YOU'RE ON A TEAM, use your class's abilities and you will succeed at this game.

dont... and you will suck.

Kenworth

2[H]4U
your problem. This isnt CoD. You dont need to have a positive KDR to win a match or end up in first place.
This. I am one of those Rambo medics that always has a negative KDR but end up high on the list on the team. The irony is I do better when I am on the losing team. Lots of health to dispense and fresh bodies to rez :D

TheWeazmeister

<a href=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.parentdish.com/
This. I am one of those Rambo medics that always has a negative KDR but end up high on the list on the team. The irony is I do better when I am on the losing team. Lots of health to dispense and fresh bodies to rez :D
Yeah...usually same here. Though I did go on a knife rampage a few days ago that I was pretty proud of :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sirmonkey1985

lol i always end up having the highest KDR if i'm a medic :p same when i'm engie with my trusty AT-4 and explosive MKII perk :D

Stay in cover, dont run out in the open, dont get anxious, play with friends, memorize the maps, PLAY AS IF YOU'RE ON A TEAM, use your class's abilities and you will succeed at this game.

dont... and you will suck.

+ a million to this.. you don't need an insane KDR.. i'll take some one on my team thats 0-28 as long as they are a team player.. if they are a medic he better be throwing out health, if they are assault they better be throwing out ammo and if they are an engie they better be repairing vehicles around them. if they suck at shooting so be it, at least they are trying to help the team win.

for example heres a buddy of mine that i play with stats.. absolutely garbage KDR but he is by far the best team player you will ever find in this game.. you ask him to do something he doesn't argue with any one, he will go out and do it even if its a suicide mission(hence his gamer tag, lol).

Last edited:

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
I think this game really has the scoring down right. I ended up in 1st place last night on a map where I barely could kill anyone; but I downed half a dozen choppers and half a dozen APCs. :) It feels good to actually be rewarded when you're helping the team in other ways than just killing folks. No matter how much people might deny they care about the stats, at some level I think everyone really does.

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Shotgun with the slugs add-on is so OP.
Yeah but hard to aim and slow to load so....

Game is pretty balanced. I usually am the top player in kdr and team points. Just comes from playing the game since the 1942 demo. I don't have to think much anymore. I just react. I will use anything around me to help the team. Pick up an engy kit to down a chopper, a medic kit to revive teamates, run out of ammo and I pick up an enemy gun and hope it is loaded lol. etc

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah but hard to aim and slow to load so....

Game is pretty balanced. I usually am the top player in kdr and team points. Just comes from playing the game since the 1942 demo. I don't have to think much anymore. I just react. I will use anything around me to help the team. Pick up an engy kit to down a chopper, a medic kit to revive teamates, run out of ammo and I pick up an enemy gun and hope it is loaded lol. etc
Aiming can be tricky depending on how close the target is and stuff. But I've been on a roll a few times and just take groups of people down. I use the uh 870MCS or whatever it's called.

diogo

Limp Gawd
One of the things that helps the most with KDR is getting the "pace" of the game/map.

Most people not familiar with the BF series will just try to run up to the objectives. BF is a lot more about sneaking around, taking your time, hiding for a bit at a spot, etc.

jadams

2[H]4U
Aiming can be tricky depending on how close the target is and stuff. But I've been on a roll a few times and just take groups of people down. I use the uh 870MCS or whatever it's called.
870 is where its at. Its slightly less powerful than the other shotguns, but its so marginal. It takes up far less of the screen. I feel like I cant see a thing when I use the spas.

Jelly a few posts back gave me an an idea to drop the slugs on maps that are a little more close quarters and try another perk. More c4, larger mag, faster movement.

NickM

Limp Gawd
Any of the 12 guages with standard buckshot is pretty much an off switch for the other guy unless he is too far out.
Very rarely do I lose with this combo on the classic turn the corner "Oh shit-bad guy!" scenarios.

Nick

-Strelok-

[H]F Junkie
Shotguns were still never fixed. This one server had the longest headshot kill and longest kill. I had both, 600+ meters with the shotgun. So stupid.

jadams

2[H]4U
Shotguns were still never fixed. This one server had the longest headshot kill and longest kill. I had both, 600+ meters with the shotgun. So stupid.
I've gotten countless kills shooting at random red trianges across the map through trees.

sirmonkey1985

yes they were.. who ever got killed was dumb enough to stand out in the open without moving and the guys teammate spotted him.. its easy as hell doing long range slug shots with the shotgun as long as the person you are shooting at is a noob and doesn't move.

Kett

Gawd
They never needed "fixing" in that regard. People just get hung up over this issue due to the fact that the weapon has "shotgun" as it's name. the Slug mod essentially makes it a scopeless sniper rifle. If you get over this fact, you'll stop thinking "its so stupid that I got killed from across the map by a shotgun". Just mentally replace 'shotgun' with 'sniper rifle' and maybe you'll stop raging.

The only thing that is actually broken with the shotguns iirc is that the "killed by" display that shows the name and perks of the player that killed you stopped showing the slugs perk after one of the earlier patches, even when they had it on. That and the 870's crosshair is kinda fucked up in that it collapses on itself... but that can be a bonus or a negative depending on your preference.

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
They never needed "fixing" in that regard. People just get hung up over this issue due to the fact that the weapon has "shotgun" as it's name. the Slug mod essentially makes it a scopeless sniper rifle. If you get over this fact, you'll stop thinking "its so stupid that I got killed from across the map by a shotgun". Just mentally replace 'shotgun' with 'sniper rifle' and maybe you'll stop raging.

The only thing that is actually broken with the shotguns iirc is that the "killed by" display that shows the name and perks of the player that killed you stopped showing the slugs perk after one of the earlier patches, even when they had it on. That and the 870's crosshair is kinda fucked up in that it collapses on itself... but that can be a bonus or a negative depending on your preference.
Well, it sort of does need fixing considering that a shotgun slug cannot possibly reach some of the ranges it does in BC2.

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
I'm not looking for 100% realism, but I'm also not looking for completely ludicrous gun accuracy, either. I should never be shot out of a helicopter cockpit at 500+ meters with a damn shotgun slug. Period.

NickM

Limp Gawd
If it's going to be a scopeless sniper rifle, give it drop instead of being a frikkin lazer.
Now all we need is sharks running around the maps.
IIRL, slugs are 2-3" at best at 100 yards and start exhibiting mortar like ballistics after that.
I understand it's a game, but most of the other weapons do not exhibit characteristics near as far from reality as the shotgun/slug combo (except for the 25 yard knife stab-lol).

Nick

NickM

Limp Gawd
If it's going to be a scopeless sniper rifle, give it drop instead of being a frikkin lazer.
IIRL, slugs are 2-3" at best at 100 yards and start exhibiting mortar like ballistics after that.
I understand it's a game, but most of the other weapons do not exhibit characteristics near as far from reality as the shotgun/slug combo (except for the 25 yard knife stab-lol).

Nick

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness

Nick
No weapon has near the amount of travel delay and drop as the sniper rifles. It makes no sense to me. I can pick people off across the map with any assault rifle without doing virtually anything to adjust for distance and their movement.

jadams

2[H]4U
(except for the 25 yard knife stab-lol).

Nick
The knife has got to be the worst. I've knifed people through walls. Add the super lunges and its worse.

Then you get the time at the complete opposite extreme where it just doesnt work at all.

00PS

[H]ard|Gawd
The knife has got to be the worst. I've knifed people through walls. Add the super lunges and its worse.

Then you get the time at the complete opposite extreme where it just doesnt work at all.
I can say I've never had the knife lunge, only the rubber knife when I'm literally right on the person, stab 'em in the back or face and they turn around and unload a full clip on me.

Raxxath

Limp Gawd
This game has gone to shit. I've tried 9 servers tonight and EVERY single one has been horribly team-stacked. Every single game is completely one sided, it's fucking ridiculous, and it's like this every night. What is it about this game that promotes that?

00PS

[H]ard|Gawd
This game has gone to shit. I've tried 9 servers tonight and EVERY single one has been horribly team-stacked. Every single game is completely one sided, it's fucking ridiculous, and it's like this every night. What is it about this game that promotes that?
Either bad admins or no admins. Also if you communicate/spot/mark flags or mcoms, your teams chances of winning increase. I'm not a pro player, but I've managed to take a pretty shitty team and win some rounds by throwing down some orders.

Raxxath

Limp Gawd
Either bad admins or no admins. Also if you communicate/spot/mark flags or mcoms, your teams chances of winning increase. I'm not a pro player, but I've managed to take a pretty shitty team and win some rounds by throwing down some orders.
Trust me, it's not because of me. I'm rank 49 with a KDR of 2.7 and I get the ace pin almost every game. I often destroy multiple mcoms or capture points alone.

But about the admin thing... Most BC2 servers don't have an active admin, and even when they do, what's he supposed to do about the team imbalances? It's not a numbers imbalance, it's a skill imbalance. It would be very difficult for someone to try to judge who the good players are on one team and who the bad players are on the other, and then swap them.

00PS

[H]ard|Gawd
Trust me, it's not because of me. I'm rank 49 with a KDR of 2.7 and I get the ace pin almost every game. I often destroy multiple mcoms or capture points alone.

But about the admin thing... Most BC2 servers don't have an active admin, and even when they do, what's he supposed to do about the team imbalances? It's not a numbers imbalance, it's a skill imbalance. It would be very difficult for someone to try to judge who the good players are on one team and who the bad players are on the other, and then swap them.
Score and KDR help to determine that. Of course if some sniper is 20/0 and just picking people off, he's not a real asset to any team.

Also, whats with the 4 round mag in the 870? The picture clearly shows a mag extension either a +2 or +3...

mQzz

Limp Gawd
you sound like a cool lad, wanna be mates?

sirmonkey1985

typically a good admin just waits til the next round and shuffles the teams if the server doesn't have an auto shuffle.

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
Good thing it's a video game and not real life.
The old "it's a game" fallback. That can only go so far. Shotgun slugs from an unrifled barrel with a good shooter can be accurate to ~230 yards,, which is fair. But the slugs in the game can go from one end of heavy metal to the other, which is about as easy to swallow as the idea that you can kill someone by throwing your pistol at them from that far away.

-Strelok-

[H]F Junkie
Yes Slugs can travel over 3/5th of a kilometer. Yes that sounds very realistic. Get me a video and show me a shotgun shooting that far and hitting a head that is very small and is taking cover behind a big rock.(It was on Oasis I think and it was a sniper hiding behind one of the rocks in the first bomb sight, on that hill). Oh and hitting people that are moving, that isn't hard. If you think its hard I think you need to get a little bit better at this game.

My other favorite is the VSS with red dot...Sniper rifle accuracy, damage but Assault rifle firepower. Its not as bad as the shotguns though.

Krieger91

[H]ard|Gawd
Random question here:

When you join servers they usually have custom logos like "XXX Gaming community" on the loading screen, where exactly are those saved to cache wise. I know L4D2 has a folder for things like these, but I am curious about this.