Bad Company 2

Liqq

Limp Gawd
My autologin doesn't work either. I think it adds extra characters to the password or something. I had the exact same issue with BF2 as well, and I'm sure it will follow to BF3 also :D

On a side note Amazon currently has BC2 for $5 if anybody has any buddies on the fence about buying it.

fallguy

2[H]4U
So there is no language filter on this? All I see in the options is being able to turn the dialog volume down. I dont need to hear the constant F bombs, and my kids are around when I play sometimes.

Bop

2[H]4U
I wonder why "remember password" stopped working for a few of us... I hope it's not permanent. I've been playing since launch with it on. If I purposely type the wrong password it will say "wrong password" so their system knows my password is correct. This "Unable to login" is BS lol.

UPDATE: I think it has to do with changing your EA account password. I couldn't log in to www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/ until I changed my password back to the older one. I can't test the in-game login right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if that works now as well.

Last edited:

fallguy

2[H]4U
I just started two weeks ago, am pretty noobish... but do pretty good considering.

It is annoying getting schwacked by some lvl 40+ dude with body armor, the heavy bullets, better guns and all the other crap you when when leveling up though. Working my way up, at lvl 11 now.

SLiGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
I just started two weeks ago, am pretty noobish... but do pretty good considering.

It is annoying getting schwacked by some lvl 40+ dude with body armor, the heavy bullets, better guns and all the other crap you when when leveling up though. Working my way up, at lvl 11 now.
People actually use body armor? :p

jadams

2[H]4U
Cant have armor and magnum ammo at the same time.

I used the armor until i unlocked magnum ammo.

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
I play on "softcore" servers too and I've only seen maybe two people use body armor, ever :rolleyes:
Which goes to show how few people actually know anything about the game. The armour perk is often far more useful, and magnum ammo only makes any real difference on ~50% of the weapons. Which is immediately negated by the armour anyway.

Assault with G3 and armour is a tank busting, face-smashing machine. Lets you get away with a lot cheekier C4 placements than without.

Last edited:

ScretHate

[H]ard|Gawd
If I buy BAD COMPANY 2: VIETNAM through steam, can I just use the key to activate my non-steam version of BC2 and play it? Will steam even give me a key?

thanks

jadams

2[H]4U
Which goes to show how few people actually know anything about the game. The armour perk is often far more useful, and magnum ammo only makes any real difference on ~50% of the weapons. Which is immediately negated by the armour anyway.

Assault with G3 and armour is a tank busting, face-smashing machine. Lets you get away with a lot cheekier C4 placements than without.
I never thought about this.... i normally use 870, slugs, magnum ammo. Seeing as how 75% of my kills are short range anyway, and of thtat 75% i usually end up finishing off most of them with the pistol... i wonder if id benefit from the body armor instead. Its just such a habit to click the magnum ammo.

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
I never thought about this.... i normally use 870, slugs, magnum ammo. Seeing as how 75% of my kills are short range anyway, and of thtat 75% i usually end up finishing off most of them with the pistol... i wonder if id benefit from the body armor instead. Its just such a habit to click the magnum ammo.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...zQUd3UTR0OGllbFE&hl=en&authkey=CPCkqKwJ#gid=0

According to that, the pump-actions with slugs take exactly the same number of hits to kill close/at range with and without magnum. But someone wearing armour can take two slugs up close to kill.

I know what you mean, though. I was all magnum for the first 6-8 months I played, and when changing kits I often select it out of habit.

i2abid

[H]ard|Gawd
Try medic-buck shotty with armor or speedy heals, turns into god mode in some situations. I had a sweet 29 kill streak on oasis conquest holding a building by myself and dropping enemy medkits around me.

jonnejon

Weaksauce
Does anyone know of a fix for the friggen Punkbuster "Losing Key Packets 9003" error?

I've updated PB
I've ran PBSETUP
I've tried manually updating PB

I can't stay in a server for more than 10 minutes, and no it's not my ping. I've tried local and distant servers. It ONLY does this to me in BC2, no other game gives me problems. It started a few days ago, this is a new thing for me.
I was having trouble with this too. It was pissing me off. My problem was tuneup utilities live optimization. You gotta turn it off.

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
Stats wise, yes.

It will put people down in a hurry.. But I always keep going back to my M4..
Stats-wise it's probably easier to argue that the XM8 with mag ammo is. It has the quickest time to kill, a high rate of fire, tight grouping/low spread and the sights are far better than the Abakan which means you don't have to waste a slot with the red dot or ACOG.

http://i54.tinypic.com/eg4tg2.png

See the rightmost column for reference.

Also there's no M4, just so you know.

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
If I buy BAD COMPANY 2: VIETNAM through steam, can I just use the key to activate my non-steam version of BC2 and play it? Will steam even give me a key?

thanks
I don't think so, according to relevant threads on the Steam forum. I'm in the same boat, but even if you buy the Steam version of both BFBC2 and Vietnam you will still come out in front since Vietnam for retail costs $15 (or $20 in Australia...)

ScretHate

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't think so, according to relevant threads on the Steam forum. I'm in the same boat, but even if you buy the Steam version of both BFBC2 and Vietnam you will still come out in front since Vietnam for retail costs $15 (or $20 in Australia...)
This is true, but Vietnam is also on sale on EA origin for $8.99.

Skizzy

Supreme [H]ardness
Couldn't resist, I bit on the BFBC2 deal with Vietnam and that other DLC for $10. I've been looking for a good FPS to cure my itch for awhile, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I played CS competitively for years, but wasn't too impressed with the CoD series, so MW was the one and only CoD I played.

I'm totally prepared to get my ass handed to me, but I watched the "How to not be a noob" video, so hopefully I can at least help my teammates out. Going to spam Q like crazy, and possibly try out the Medic at first until I get a handle on the game.

XamediX

2[H]4U
Couldn't resist, I bit on the BFBC2 deal with Vietnam and that other DLC for $10. I've been looking for a good FPS to cure my itch for awhile, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I played CS competitively for years, but wasn't too impressed with the CoD series, so MW was the one and only CoD I played.

I'm totally prepared to get my ass handed to me, but I watched the "How to not be a noob" video, so hopefully I can at least help my teammates out. Going to spam Q like crazy, and possibly try out the Medic at first until I get a handle on the game.
Don't worry, you will have fun. As long as you start to know the maps and understand the gameplay differences, you will have a blast. Along with the great graphics, its just nice to have a great squad. Then you have the battlefield moments, where you experience something so cool and random that you just... well need a moment to take it all in.

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

going from competitive CS to BFBC2 will have a pretty steep learning curve unless you play assault or medic(which are the typical classes for COD players that move over to BFBC2). if you were primarily a sniper rifle user in CS you probably won't want to use sniper rifles in BC2 right off the bat until you learn the bullet drop physics with the other weapons. once you get it down its pretty easy. but either way i'd rather have a player that can't shoot worth a damn that plays as a team vs some rambo nut job that doesn't do anything to help the team.

purple_haze

2[H]4U
going from competitive CS to BFBC2 will have a pretty steep learning curve unless you play assault or medic(which are the typical classes for COD players that move over to BFBC2). if you were primarily a sniper rifle user in CS you probably won't want to use sniper rifles in BC2 right off the bat until you learn the bullet drop physics with the other weapons. once you get it down its pretty easy. but either way i'd rather have a player that can't shoot worth a damn that plays as a team vs some rambo nut job that doesn't do anything to help the team.
ya i just got BC2 from the steam sale. Boy oh Boy this is so much different coming from a CS.

Tetrahedron

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't believe I passed on this game on release, Steam Summer Sale FTW, this game is badass and loads of fun!

CannonDub

Limp Gawd
Anyone want to hop on the official [H] server with me and get some game going? I'm idle in vent.

spicey

Supreme [H]ardness
The game seems to be on sale regularly recently with a steady influx of players that don't know what to do.

I'm not knocking the newbies as we all have to start somewhere but man alive even when I was a freshie I still had a firm grasp of what it's all about and to work for a win.

I would recommend that the newly enlisted soldiers get on a server that's empty and practice with the tanks, helis and have a look at the map layouts.

mQzz

Limp Gawd
The game seems to be on sale regularly recently with a steady influx of players that don't know what to do.

I'm not knocking the newbies as we all have to start somewhere but man alive even when I was a freshie I still had a firm grasp of what it's all about and to work for a win.

I would recommend that the newly enlisted soldiers get on a server that's empty and practice with the tanks, helis and have a look at the map layouts.
this!

i sure as hell am not a pro, im just a casual bc2-play. very hard to stay calm with those kind of cicumstances;

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
It isn't the new players that bother me so much as it is the dickhead "pro" players who all team-stack so they can "own" said players and get easy wins.

SLiGuy

[H]ard|Gawd

Some guy on my team yesterday was 6/34 and kept crashing every vehicle he got into...

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
Some guy on my team yesterday was 6/34 and kept crashing every vehicle he got into...

thank steam for selling the game for 5 bucks.. happens everytime they put the game up for sale. after a couple weeks they get bored or banned off every server and leave the game.

JayteeBates

[H]ard|Poof
It is hard to get the right mix on an open server. A month or so back we had a good balanced set of teams going that went down to the wire on conquest 5 or 6 maps in a row. I mean winning with only 5 or so ticks left. The most rediculous win I've had in recent memory was on a 1000 ticket conquest server on Operation Hastings. Playing in a tank I picked up 110 kills to 20 deaths as the ace. That was pretty over the top but my team was totally owning the other guys vehicles so I was mostly unchallenged.

ebs5049

Limp Gawd
So I just got this the other day with the sale. Any tips for a new guy? Just started getting my feet wet to FPS on the PC so be gentle..

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
So I just got this the other day with the sale. Any tips for a new guy? Just started getting my feet wet to FPS on the PC so be gentle..
I know people on here often advise people to go assault/medic first, but I found that going sniper and playing it very, very slow was the best way to get acclimated to the game. Running up as any other class would get me killed ridiculously quickly. No it won't make you the best teammate at first, but you're just trying to, as you say, get your feet wet.