Bad Company 2

I played tonight for the first time since patch and I actually thought my FPS went up. Could be making that up though. My screen now flickers occasionally though.

I played tonight for the first time since patch and I actually thought my FPS went up. Could be making that up though. My screen now flickers occasionally though.

yeah i get the screen flicker too but its very random can go 5 rounds with out it, then some one fires a rocket into the building in front of me and it will start flickering then stop 5 seconds later. seems to happen when i run out of video memory from what i can tell since im using a 384mb 8800GS.

New maps and the Vietnam DLC coming?

I'm definitely a happy camper with this news.

Seems there's some complaining about the value of the DLC with only 4 maps. People have paid as much for 3-4 CoD maps and this is a total conversion. All new weapons, models, vehicles. I look at it like paying money for a developer quality mod, which I'm comfortable with.

yeah i get the screen flicker too but its very random can go 5 rounds with out it, then some one fires a rocket into the building in front of me and it will start flickering then stop 5 seconds later. seems to happen when i run out of video memory from what i can tell since im using a 384mb 8800GS.

I'm using a GTX260 so I doubt its running out of video memory...I will check next time I play though. Could be the new nvidia drivers otherwise.

I'm using a GTX260 so I doubt its running out of video memory...I will check next time I play though. Could be the new nvidia drivers otherwise.

could be. just for reference in your troubleshooting, im using the 258.96 drivers.

New maps and the Vietnam DLC coming?

I'm definitely a happy camper with this news.

Seems there's some complaining about the value of the DLC with only 4 maps. People have paid as much for 3-4 CoD maps and this is a total conversion. All new weapons, models, vehicles. I look at it like paying money for a developer quality mod, which I'm comfortable with.

lol people are complaining about paying 15 dollars? bet its the same people that waste 30 or more dollars a month on WoW and EVE online.

I just want to change the topic from the Vietnam thing and make sure everyone's aware that the M14 is horrible.

Unless the new patch broke the G3, I'm fine with it.

The M14 is pretty awful though. The ironsights are atrocious and you can't put optics on it :( :(

could be. just for reference in your troubleshooting, im using the 258.96 drivers.

Not running out of memory. Played a couple rounds and most I saw was 512mb according to GPU-z. I am using 260.99. It got a worse a couple rounds where the flicker turned into about a half second black screen a couple times.

Not running out of memory. Played a couple rounds and most I saw was 512mb according to GPU-z. I am using 260.99. It got a worse a couple rounds where the flicker turned into about a half second black screen a couple times.

i had that happen a couple times. my fix was moving the mouse around really quickly and usually it comes back flickers a couple more times then it stops. or try looking at the ground then back up and see if that helps.

Unless the new patch broke the G3, I'm fine with it.

The M14 is pretty awful though. The ironsights are atrocious and you can't put optics on it :( :(

the patch was suppose to fix the hit reg on the G3 but it didnt. still only reg's 1 out of 3 shots when you fire semi-auto style(using your finger/mouse button to fire 3-4 round bursts). hold the trigger down and all the shots register. fire with a 1 second gap between shots they all register.

Get to work. (He's not #1 anymore on the dog tag list because of a knife-only server stat padder. I consider him #1 because he only plays on normal, gun-and-knife-and-CG servers.)

That guy has like 50% more kills with knife alone than I have overall at rank 48, no way that's happening without playing knife only servers. I thought i was doing good with ~1800 knife kills.

Is revive bugged for the medic? I don't play medic much and played today and could not revive a single person.

Is revive bugged for the medic? I don't play medic much and played today and could not revive a single person.

happens periodically.. i kept yelling at some dude to revive me for like 20 minutes of the game. finally he said that it was glitched and he couldn't revive me. then later on in a different map/round i killed a medic that killed my teammate so i went and stole his kit to revive my teammate and it wouldn't friggin revive him. so i dunno its pretty random but it happens.

Just a couple knife kills from 2000.

nice i have 67. didnt really knife anyone while i was leveling up because i was trying to get all my upgrades as quick as possible. now that i have them all ive been going on a knifing spree.. :D so far my best round was 8 knife kills. just kept knifing the shit out of snipers.

That guy has like 50% more kills with knife alone than I have overall at rank 48, no way that's happening without playing knife only servers. I thought i was doing good with ~1800 knife kills.

He uses the knife exclusively (almost, at least - I've seen him using guns a few times, but knife 90% of the time). I can assure you he is not cheating or playing on knife-only servers.

Not to derail, but with the fiasco that was MW2 last year, and BC2V on the horizon (map pack also)...there is little to no incentive for me to purchase BO. Funny because it really has been my favorite series on PC period. But I guess if you keep pushing these out like a new Madden every year, and don't do anything innovative (see destructible environment), or take steps backwards (see servers) even the faithful can be swayed to another religion.

That being said! Something is definitely screwy with medics and revives. 2 games straight I could not get anyone off the ground. 3rd game...fine.

Also the AN94 took a bigger hit than most think. Long range I used to be able to get 2 kills before reload. Now just one. Still just love the gun for the triple bursts.

Arica Harbor was playing with a guy last night that went 55-1 in a tank. Dude was pretty damn amazing. Never seen a guy play a tank damn near perfect like he did. Was ALWAYS in the correct location giving covering support. I had something like 6500 points that round. Summa bitch beat me by 300 for his Ace. He deserved it though. This game just owns.

anyone else notice how little damage the AT4 does to aircraft now? its like not even 50 dmg sometimes!

Im a heli pilot by trade, and now i just demolish.

I went back and played some BC2 this weekend to try out the new patch and man I am rubberbanding and lagging quite a bit. My pings also went up. On may usual servers I am now over 100. I hope they fix the lag.

anyone else notice how little damage the AT4 does to aircraft now? its like not even 50 dmg sometimes!

Im a heli pilot by trade, and now i just demolish.

Didn't notice that. But I have noticed people are flying the choppers more, as opposed to just suicide 'em. You didn't happen to play on the Old Men Gaming server last night did ya? Some guy was raping with the thing even after I tagged him multiple times with a dart!

As well as revives not working - apparently - C4 seems to refuse to detonate occasionally. Mashing the button for ten seconds trying to trigger the stuff sometimes.

We really need to just get a day/time to get some [H] folks together. See these skills everyone keeps bragging about in action!!

Question for you guys.

I got a VIsionTek 6870 and I'm only getting 35fps average or so with everything turned up except AA @ 1920x1200.

My system is
Q6660 @ 2.8ghz
4gigs ram
680i Mobo
1TB 7200rpm hdd

Do you think my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu?

Never played BC1...But who cares! More maps is just win! They charging for these?

Whatever happened to them putting out new uniforms. I HATE my raspberry beret. Also, we need a Camp Gilbralter map for BC2!

I can't say I haven't gotten more than my $32 worth (Steam sale) out of this game!

hopefully they pick up the patch pace/at least fix some of the recently borked shit.

been a great experience so far! Luckily the only thing holding me back from playing for large periods of time is work and sleep, still not even level 40. but i guess the levels dont really matter at all any more once you unlock the last thing.

started up a new account to see what my lifetime K/d would be now that im proficient at it.

I can't say I haven't gotten more than my $32 worth (Steam sale) out of this game!

Yeah I'm lv 30 and I got my $15 worth. I was in canada for a week and when I finally got home, sat down at my PC and loaded up BFBC2 it was being retarded as usual so I just loaded up Counter-strike instead. That's usually the death nell for a game with me. Shit's getting uninstalled and life moves on.

sounds interesting! I'm in

haven't played much since the update though, game is kinda weird now.

i agree on both parts. but there isnt shit to play right now so i just deal with it while bitching at the same time.

Link says free for vip players

thats for the people that payed the 1200 ms points on the 360. so they get free access while the people that didnt get the VIP have to pay the normal price per map.

for PC all the DLC are free minus BC2 vietnam.

Question for you guys.

I got a VIsionTek 6870 and I'm only getting 35fps average or so with everything turned up except AA @ 1920x1200.

My system is
Q6660 @ 2.8ghz
4gigs ram
680i Mobo
1TB 7200rpm hdd

Do you think my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu?

Yes the CPU is the bottleneck...

I just upgraded from a E8500 @ 4.0ghz to a Q9650 @ 3.8ghz and what a freaking huge difference, gained about 15fps.

My buddy who has the same setup as me, but is still running a Q6600 @ 3.4ghz is getting about 10-15 fps less then me.

I just purchased an ATI 5870 and GTX 470 from fry's and will be comparing the two in BC2.

Will post results soon....

What card do you think performs better?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036400602 said:
I just purchased an ATI 5870 and GTX 470 from fry's and will be comparing the two in BC2.

Will post results soon....

What card do you think performs better?

5870 by a long shot. but if your using that e8500 in your sig. both are going to perform about the same since you will be cpu bottlenecked.

Back