Bad Company 2

Wow...They addressed almost every major complaint out there. M60 nerf. AN94 nerf. Copter gun buff.

THE biggest one is the Mcom damage increase. 50% is probably enough to make it MORE viable to arm and protect than suicide. Usually what happens with Valparaiso is that with 10-20 tickets left, the Mcoms go kaboom after several suicides and tank hits.

Will let peeps know how it goes.

it means if you doing nothing /move/fire/zoom youre still invulnerable. The second you fire or take a step you're vulnerable. So you still have that 2 second breather to look around and get your bearings. This is for people that aren't expecting to get respawned so aren't ready, taking a sip of coke, whatever.

It's their extremely late attempt to fix the juggernaut that is the Rez-train. You see it a lot more in competitive play than in pubs, but it's still a huge problem balance-wise if a couple medics know what they're doing. Take a look at the two following videos for an example of the abuse of this mechanic: (The second video is a far more extreme example than the first.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzL4xfyZMA&fmt=18
http://www.own3d.tv/video/29337/lol_fin1

The way it was prior to this change was that only firing or zooming would remove the invul, so you could just whip out your defibs and as long as you did it in under two seconds (easy) you could revive infinitely with no fear of dying. As hilarious as it sounds, eventually the shooters have to reload and frequently they'll die to the rezzers right there if they aren't ready with their own rez train. As you might imagine, this can get pretty retarded.

Thanks

Mmm, I love the reduced damage to MCOMs. The sissy boys who play the pansy strategy of rocketing/C4ing/tanking down MCOMs will have to waste even more time doing it. Overall a promising patch, lets hope it doesn't break anything else in the process.

If they had just released the code for mods this crap would have been fixed a LOOOONG time ago and there would still be competitive play. VERY burnt about this b/c pubbing is so weak compared to organized team play. Especially with BF3 still in forever land.

i'm just glad their fixing the damn G3. shits annoying as hell. works great on the console but on PC its a pile of crap!

Mmm, I love the reduced damage to MCOMs. The sissy boys who play the pansy strategy of rocketing/C4ing/tanking down MCOMs will have to waste even more time doing it. Overall a promising patch, lets hope it doesn't break anything else in the process.

i also think their doing it to finally stop the flying C4 UAV bomb in non hardcore rush.

OMFG THEY FIXED THE BLUE BOX YESSSSS

Also, minor CG nerf makes me happy.

I'd like a sniper nerf, but that'll never happen. Their nerf is that Recon teams don't win games I guess.

OMFG THEY FIXED THE BLUE BOX YESSSSS

Also, minor CG nerf makes me happy.

I'd like a sniper nerf, but that'll never happen. Their nerf is that Recon teams don't win games I guess.

exactly, or getting 2 people to walk around the map and knife the shit out of em :p thats always fun. had 7 knife kills earlier today just walked from sniper to sniper knifing them in the back. there was even one spot where there was 3 snipers group together and not one of them notice the other being knifed by me. was funny as hell.

exactly, or getting 2 people to walk around the map and knife the shit out of em :p thats always fun. had 7 knife kills earlier today just walked from sniper to sniper knifing them in the back. there was even one spot where there was 3 snipers group together and not one of them notice the other being knifed by me. was funny as hell.

I prefer shock paddles, welding gun or some C4 if I get the chance :D

Wow, I can't wait for this! Fixes almost all of my issues with the balancing in this game, and I'll be glad to be rid of the blue chat box bug.

It would be neat if the M95 was actually useful compared to the GOL now.

What is the blue box?

The chatbox had a slight blue hue to it that covered 1/3rd of the screen. It was infuriating and I was constantly mashing ~ to hide the chatbox at every opportunity. It was the bane of my existence since the last patch or two that introduced it.

Learned a good lesson today. Don't play on "noob only" servers. I thought it would be a little more balanced with me being rank 20 but turns out theres just a ton of guys who probably got banned for hacking and are starting over again (probably still hacking).

Learned a good lesson today. Don't play on "noob only" servers. I thought it would be a little more balanced with me being rank 20 but turns out theres just a ton of guys who probably got banned for hacking and are starting over again (probably still hacking).

you also get a lot of jackass high level people that join up thinking they can get easy points. annoying as hell but the majority of them suck anyways.

Unless they're down I stick with SoV servers, FoG servers, Free Bourbon and boobs. I'll have to post the IP's later but those are usually the most balanced for me. I don't mind losing I really dont as long as my team tries as hard as they can and everyone follows the rules, but if people are just camping the maps stat whoring I leave and usually don't come back.

Half the bugs fixed appear to have not been fixed at all.

Weapon insignias still not working.
Hit reg still as bad.
Etc.

Unless they're down I stick with SoV servers, FoG servers, Free Bourbon and boobs. I'll have to post the IP's later but those are usually the most balanced for me. I don't mind losing I really dont as long as my team tries as hard as they can and everyone follows the rules, but if people are just camping the maps stat whoring I leave and usually don't come back.

yeah i play on FoG conquest and free bourbon and boobs as well. i typically stay with conquest servers since most people are just stat whores and refuse to rush the mcoms.

Wow...They addressed almost every major complaint out there. M60 nerf. AN94 nerf. Copter gun buff.

Personally, I'm fine with the M60 and AN94 nerfs, however buffing the Chopper is wrong. It is already difficult enough to bring down (mainly due to idiot engineers only suing the CG for infantry rather than taking down the chopper), and making the smoke countermeasures fire faster means there's little hope to bring it down now.

yeah i play on FoG conquest and free bourbon and boobs as well. i typically stay with conquest servers since most people are just stat whores and refuse to rush the mcoms.

Yeah I thought I'd seen you around wasn't sure how many "sirmonkey"s there could be :D

I'm not perfect but I get really frustrated when I'm in the #1 #2 slot on the server and my team is just completely failing. I'm literally runnig around as a medic forcing to people to move forward by revive train or running and planting both MCOMS just to distract the other team long enough for my team to move up. I suspect the weapon mcom damage %50 fix may actually make things even worse, but we won't know for a couple days. At least with Conquest I can with minor assistance hold B which chokes the other team enough for my slow ass team to get moving from spawn.

Steam's description of patch:

The first in a big series of updates to DICE's frantic team shooter, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, will be landing soon. As well as a couple of minor fixes, DICE are making other alterations based on their experience developing the multiplayer component of Medal of Honor.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're completely replacing the world's most awful server browser. Here's the list of the changes announced so far as posted on the EA Forums. The servers will go down for a bit while the update is being applied.

One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.

Removed the blue box behind the chat window.

Mostly good on paper IMO except any mention of being more like MOH is immediately cause for concern.

The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump).

Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.

So this means spawn killing is going to increase. Great.

3D vision fixed.

That's nice.

It's good news that DICE are continuing to update the game after a period of silence, but the hitbox changes could significantly alter the feel of the weapons in the game, and might prove a controversial decision for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 fans who aren't too fond of the Medal of Honor multiplayer. We'll see how the update feels when it hits soon.

So...considering the universal slagging and hatred of MOH...I'm guessing this is bad news in a lot of ways?

Spawn killing will only increase if you shoot/move. If you stand still/look you still have your 2 seconds.

Yeah I thought I'd seen you around wasn't sure how many "sirmonkey"s there could be :D

I'm not perfect but I get really frustrated when I'm in the #1 #2 slot on the server and my team is just completely failing. I'm literally runnig around as a medic forcing to people to move forward by revive train or running and planting both MCOMS just to distract the other team long enough for my team to move up. I suspect the weapon mcom damage %50 fix may actually make things even worse, but we won't know for a couple days. At least with Conquest I can with minor assistance hold B which chokes the other team enough for my slow ass team to get moving from spawn.

lol yeah i saw you playing to. kicked my ass a few times. and as far as i know im the only one that uses sirmonkey as a standard name. still a bunch of copy cats but ive used this name since i was 8.

yeah i know what ya mean. irritating as hell. ive only been in 1 decent rush game where me doing all the work actually payed off.. i was arming then running to the edge before the next section started.. run in arm the next set so on and so on.. was kinda funny til we got the choke point of the map and that was all she wrote. never got passed that point.

though with this update ive noticed the G3 is insanely better long range then it was before but up close its useless.. your only hope is that you get a headshot while holding the trigger down the entire time. other then that the update seems fine. havent really noticed any other issues. besides that and no ones using the GC now THANK GOD! noticed more people using the AT4 as well.

Tracer rounds are gone and people can't see tank shells/heli bullets. Some even say enemy mines are invisible now.

Nice patch. Do they even test this shit before releasing it?!

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...2-pc/1373252-cannot-see-bullets-after-r9.html

oh so i wasnt the only one that noticed that. thought it was my computer so i didnt bother to say anything. but yeah thats exactly what was happening to me. maybe 1 of 4 shells would actually show an animation. it would still hit its target but the shell never came out of the tank. same with the heli secondary gun. but didnt happen as often. also you cant see the tracer bullets coming from the secondary weapon on the tank. trying to shoot a heli out of the air was impossible because i had no idea how far i was leading the damn thing or how high/low i was on the shot.

usually they test them but it could also just be caused by different graphic settings removing the animation. which your better off releasing it to the public and seeing what the community says then to spend 3 months going through every single config to see if it works correctly.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're completely replacing the world's most awful server browser. Here's the list of the changes announced so far as posted on the EA Forums. The servers will go down for a bit while the update is being applied.

I'd be surprised it if really said that in the steam update considering how they changed their own program to look like it was designed by a Deviantart-frequenting child.

Works fine for me. As in, performs perfectly and does everything I need as soon as I ask it to. What more is there?

I'd be surprised it if really said that in the steam update considering how they changed their own program to look like it was designed by a Deviantart-frequenting child.

I copied and pasted it. It's a direct quote.

Works fine for me. As in, performs perfectly and does everything I need as soon as I ask it to. What more is there?

The text search leaves something to be desired, but other than that I don't have any problems with the browser either.

friends still doesn't work for me. Either everyone in the world hates me which is a possibility :( or none of the invites I send or are sent are going through.

lol stupid update!

some sounds have gone missing..... sometimes i don't get the alarm sound when a M-com is armed.

and it seems like i cant hit shit now with the shotgun + slugs +ammo combo.

lol stupid update!

some sounds have gone missing..... sometimes i don't get the alarm sound when a M-com is armed.

BF patch = game changes, some of it works better some of it breaks.

This is WHY YOU NEED TO LET PEOPLE MOD THE GAME EA!!

lol stupid update!

I'm gonna be PISSED if this is true.

All I use is shotty slugs...

stats @ lvl 49...
8,600 kills, 2000 headshots with SPAS-12
1,700 kills, 500 headshots with 870 Combat
1,800 kills, 400 headshots with NEOSTEAD 2000

I've got less then 500 kills on all other weapons, except AT4 which I have 4,830 kills and knife which I have 1,700 kills.

Oh no, shotty slugs aren't overpowered anymore.

This was a great update.

It was fine how it was before.

The update said it would only effect hip shooting of shotgun slugs which was perfectly fine with me, but now when you zoom in to shoot it isn't as accurate.

The slugs with shotty was in balance before this patch... If you come up on someone and miss your 1st shot your dead.. people using full autos can take you out... It requires skill to use that setup.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036358458 said:
It was fine how it was before.

The update said it would only effect hip shooting of shotgun slugs which was perfectly fine with me, but now when you zoom in to shoot it isn't as accurate.

The slugs with shotty was in balance before this patch... If you come up on someone and miss your 1st shot your dead.. people using full autos can take you out... It requires skill to use that setup.

the whole friggin patch is bugged.. so much crap thats broken its not even funny. spent the last 3 hours playing. the G3 is now useless as ...... close range which pisses me off because i like that gun. seems like the magnum ammo upgrade doesnt work on it now or at least thats what it feels like. because in theory it should be a 2 shot kill with that gun and magnum ammo not 30 ....... rounds point blank. tanks are useless as hell now since you cant see your shells and you can see secondary weapon tracer rounds firing.

Back