Bad Company 2

I got booted a few minutes ago. "Failed to connect to EA online."

Ran a pathping again to same server, easo.ea.com, and no dropped packets. I think that EA server the reps give out is bullshit. What really pisses me off is I was in the middle of getting invited to a clan when I got booted.:mad:

yeah i got booted after my game finished.. lame but was ok since we finally lost a round after winning the last 15 in a row :p

# Scheduled Maintenance is over 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# EA Servers are undergoing maintenance. Expect word from us when they are back up. No ETA. 42 minutes ago via TweetDeck

thats from the official twitter.. time to kick some ass before i go to bed..

lol randomhero.. i hate when you know some ones hacking and they dont get banned or kicked.. friggin irritating as hell.. the guy had 62 kills 10 deaths.. next closes guy had 22 kills and 18 deaths.. pretty effing obvious he was hacking and yet even with his hacking his team still couldnt win!

Mine crashed.

On a side note...I haven't played this since I purchased it in Beta and it is really ridiculous how crappy the starter guns are. I have played FPS games and especially Battlefield 2 for AGES and I'm ending up with like .3 and .4 kdr

The starter guns are pretty good. What you're finding is probably mainly down to not yet being familiar with the map layouts and gameplay mechanics.

As a pretty new player (now level 8), but an experienced FPS player, I will agree that there is a pretty high learning curve - and the starter packages are seriously outclassed. Probably 70% of my deaths are some guy running around with a CG or a GOL sniper rifle...

The AEK for assault and M24 are both pretty bad ass guns, you don't need an m95 to get sniper kills. I agree the learning curve is steep, but still the aek is my favorite gun for assault... I'm not saying it's the best but I get plenty of kills with it, and I prefer it to the other ARs.

As a pretty new player (now level 8), but an experienced FPS player, I will agree that there is a pretty high learning curve - and the starter packages are seriously outclassed. Probably 70% of my deaths are some guy running around with a CG or a GOL sniper rifle...

That's just people showing off how much they want penis in their face at all times. The AEK is a great gun for the assault class and I'm torn between that and the M416 for my next platinum. PKM's great, the 09A-91 is one of the better SMGs, and the M24 is solid too.

I'd say that bar the Abakan no gun is game-breakingly better than any others in its class. What does seem to be the case though is that some guns suit some people better than others. I think it's more about finding what works for you. And the perk unlocks. They definitely make more of a difference than the guns.

Yeah, my k/d shot up significantly after I unlocked the x4 scope for assault class.

lol, and for me, it's all iron sights, which is why I prefer the aek, with the 4x I can't hit shit. I guess that's a good example of finding what works for you.

All starter weapons are amazing one you unlock the Magnum ammunition. They're decent without it, but great once you get the unlock. Without it you're playing in a field where almost everyone has the advantage and you don't, so once it comes around the game will feel a bit more balanced.

AEK = Great gun, not the best, but it's good.
9A-91 = Fucking amazing, one of the best SMGs.
M24 = I don't play recon, but my buddy reports it as one of the best bolt action rifles.
PKM = Haven't had much experience with it. I know it was absolutely ridiculous along with the T88 LMG pre-patch and don't imagine it's changed much since.

lol, and for me, it's all iron sights, which is why I prefer the aek, with the 4x I can't hit shit. I guess that's a good example of finding what works for you.

The Abakan would be completely peerless if the ironsights were any good. The fact that I have to put a red dot/4x on that is the only downside.

Be a medic. Spam Healthkits at your team wherever they sit and shoot. Follow hurt guys on your team and throw healthkits on them when hide in a corner. Spam Revives on dead guys on your team.

This by far the fastest way to level early. Get in a squad that is in the action. Squad anything is better than outta squad.

Also remember to swap guns often when they open up. Getting stars on guns is also a nice point increase.

And play Valparaiso. Most action, most points.

The Abakan would be completely peerless if the ironsights were any good. The fact that I have to put a red dot/4x on that is the only downside.

Heh. I have started using the iron sights to get ready for BC2 Vietnam. WOW what a difference that little red dot makes.

yup i prefer iron sight and red dot.. 4x i suck arse with but ill still get a head shot on anyone with a G3 using iron site from across the map :p

BFBC2Game2010-10-2701-37-32-15.jpg

not bad mike, i think my highest round was 60k xp but i was playing on one of those 1000 ticket servers got 4 gold stars and a bunch of kill badges and shit. was cool but god those 1000 ticket games are looonnngggg..

If people want to post impressive pictures of scores, they need to at least post up a high combat score. Having a high after-round total from randomly receiving multiple accrual-based stars/pins at the same time isn't really impressive.

It may be interesting to see those screenshots where someone will run up 8 or 9 weapons to 9 gold stars and 999 kills each before finally rolling them all over to 1000 kills all in one round, but beyond the novelty of it, it's again not really impressive.

If people want to post impressive pictures of scores, they need to at least post up a high combat score. Having a high after-round total from randomly receiving multiple accrual-based stars/pins at the same time isn't really impressive.

It may be interesting to see those screenshots where someone will run up 8 or 9 weapons to 9 gold stars and 999 kills each before finally rolling them all over to 1000 kills all in one round, but beyond the novelty of it, it's again not really impressive.

Yeah I looked again his is only 2000 points. About average a game with me, though I've been doing pretty god with that Thompson. I didn't think it'd be any good but it's a solid little bastard. Started playing with that because the G3 hit reg is annoying.

Oh and I went back and played Bf2 today. God that game is ugly. I remember it looks better but it looks like original counter-strike. definitely did not have the sense of teamwork with squads that BC2 has.

Last edited:

Here's the PG again guys, let's all fellate him.

Knock it on the head already son, seriously. Either you're just trying your hardest to troll or you're sincerely this invested in your own gaming ego.

Some people have different priorities and this guy posted a screenshot of a score he was proud of. Trying to call attention to your BC2 "prowess" yet again is just feeble.

Yeah I looked again his is only 2000 points. About average a game with me, though I've been doing pretty god with that Thompson. I didn't think it'd be any good but it's a solid little bastard. Started playing with that because the G3 hit reg is annoying.

Oh and I went back and played Bf2 today. God that game is ugly. I remember it looks better but it looks like original counter-strike. definitely did not have the sense of teamwork with squads that BC2 has.

yeah the G3 hit reg is annoying as hell.. put 10 rounds into this guys back he turns around with a pistol pops me 3 times and im dead. i mean seriously wtf its the second most powerful weapon per round fired in the god damn game and i lose to a pistol..

though i did find firing like an automatic weapon instead of semi auto clicking the mouse the shots tend to register better, not sure why but it does.

Looks like they addressed several of the complaints that pop up constantly. Looking forward to seeing if it makes a difference in gameplay.

So the only useful stuff is reduced CG splash, no revive imunity, and bronze star insignia fix. No reduction of the LMG accuracy, minus slightly reducing m60 dmg. No reducing the BS shotgun with slugs, in fact they made it easier to hit long range targets (I have started using slugs/mag and yes, it is complete bullshit). So basically nothing that is going to fix the gameplay issues, just some minor bugs that should have been fixed a while ago.

Here's the list of fixes for the lazy:

Here is the complete fix-list for the patch

- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.

- Blue box chat window removed

- The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..

- 3D vision fixed.

- Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.

- Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.

- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.

- Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.

- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.

- Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.

- Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.

- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.

- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.

- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.

- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.

- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.

- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.

- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.

- Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.

- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.

- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.

- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.

- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.

- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.

- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.

- Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.

Can someone explain this fix?

The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..

Thanks

Here's the list of fixes for the lazy:

Here is the complete fix-list for the patch

- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.

- Blue box chat window removed

- The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..

- 3D vision fixed.

- Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.

- Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.

- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.

- Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.

- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.

- Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.

- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.

- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.

- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.

- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.

- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.

- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.

- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.

- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.

- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.

- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.

- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.

- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.

- Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.

you mean exploits.

The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..

Thanks

it means if you doing nothing /move/fire/zoom youre still invulnerable. The second you fire or take a step you're vulnerable. So you still have that 2 second breather to look around and get your bearings. This is for people that aren't expecting to get respawned so aren't ready, taking a sip of coke, whatever.

Last edited:

Thanks

It's their extremely late attempt to fix the juggernaut that is the Rez-train. You see it a lot more in competitive play than in pubs, but it's still a huge problem balance-wise if a couple medics know what they're doing. Take a look at the two following videos for an example of the abuse of this mechanic: (The second video is a far more extreme example than the first.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzL4xfyZMA&fmt=18
http://www.own3d.tv/video/29337/lol_fin1

The way it was prior to this change was that only firing or zooming would remove the invul, so you could just whip out your defibs and as long as you did it in under two seconds (easy) you could revive infinitely with no fear of dying. As hilarious as it sounds, eventually the shooters have to reload and frequently they'll die to the rezzers right there if they aren't ready with their own rez train. As you might imagine, this can get pretty retarded.

So the only useful stuff is reduced CG splash, no revive imunity, and bronze star insignia fix. No reduction of the LMG accuracy, minus slightly reducing m60 dmg. No reducing the BS shotgun with slugs, in fact they made it easier to hit long range targets (I have started using slugs/mag and yes, it is complete bullshit). So basically nothing that is going to fix the gameplay issues, just some minor bugs that should have been fixed a while ago.
Using the shotty slug setup still puts you at a disadvantage when compared to using a normal gun... if you miss the 1st shot your dead. Takes skill to use.

Im happy about these. Means I dont have to chase camping assholes around the map.

This is awesome, I'm gonna be up forever in the black hawk now... Also I've been tearing it up with AT4's like this so AT4 upgrades are awesome also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2cFOx5NCWk

Back