Bad Company 2

All they need to do is nerf the damage done by tanks on the mcom stations. . . .

All they need to do is remove the ability to blow up the mcom entirely. Even though it would technically cause there to be only 1 way to take an mcom as opposed to many varied ways there are now that all involve blowing it up, it would actually make the game more interesting.

The dilemma caused by people being able to play "lame" in rush is why there were never any big competitions in rush mode. Squad rush only became acceptable (and actually quite awesome) recently when a strict rule set was imposed on it to make it actually interesting instead of people standing in their spawn with RPGs and noobtubes, or teams of 4 medics res training across the map for hours.

Some of the Squad Rush WOGL rules:
Per squad:
-Only allowed to spawn 1 medic.
-Only allowed 1 40mm GL.
-Only allowed 1 shotgun (Excluding 40mm).

-C4 Only may be actively used by recon.
-3D/Minimap spotting off
-Not allowed to directly destroy the mcom.
-Not allowed to directly destroy the mcom building.
-If the mcom building goes, the mcom is worth no points.
-no m60/gustavs.

Not sure if it's mention in this thread, but is there anyway to level up faster? Currently Lvl 31.

I love this [censored] game =]

Not sure if it's mention in this thread, but is there anyway to level up faster? Currently Lvl 31.

Don't suck. ;)

In all seriousness this question is fairly common and the most popular answer is to run with the medic class and continuously drop med-packs and resurrecting people. It's a great points-monger class. Likewise assault.

wa,i am new here,Alough i have thrugh all your talks,it seem still in the confusing.and a little drowsiness,anyway i will speed up to reach you lol

Don't suck. ;)

In all seriousness this question is fairly common and the most popular answer is to run with the medic class and continuously drop med-packs and resurrecting people. It's a great points-monger class. Likewise assault.

Medics and Assault class are the best team players, especially when attacking. I've been playing Medic a lot lately because I want to win.
Sniping in a game with respawns is a waste. One less person attacking the objective. Snipers on defense is tolerable.

Work on getting lots of gold, silver and platinum stars like I do...
hellascore.jpg

Running as medic with shotgun slugs is a good setup.... lotsa kills and pts from medpacks.

Am I the only one rocking the SAIGA auto shotty with almost every kit?

I roll with 3-4:1 k/d ratios and win almost all close up exchanges.

Only class I use otherwise is Assault and then its either AN-94 or M416 with red dot
SAIGA Auto Shotty is what I used when ranking up from 0-20 or so... I used it for all classes, but mostly assault and rocked C4 with it to blow tanks, awesome gun... I had it setup with extended clip so you get 12 shells. It's very effective when aiming on upper body, you get alot of easy headshots with it. Downside is that it doesn't work with slugs that well.

Medics and Assault class are the best team players, especially when attacking. I've been playing Medic a lot lately because I want to win.
Sniping in a game with respawns is a waste. One less person attacking the objective. Snipers on defense is tolerable.

Yes but armor can be almost useless without an Engy to keep them alive unless you use the cheap fire on the mcon from a mile away method. Snipping on some Rush maps Attacam is one on 1st and last MCON can keep the attackers at bay. Shotty, lightweight, armor and motion mines on Rush defense on Nelson Bay is loads of fun. Getting behind the attackers and knifing from behind is one of my favorites.

anyone use the M1 garand obsessively? ive been absolutely destroying with it.

Yea Im almost at 9 golds, but stopped because the hit detection is terrible on the single shot rifles. I can aim it directly at someones head and SLOWLY fire shots and still miss with every one. This is with neither people moving. Can only take so much of that crap before I go assault and start mowing people down.

And did they eff up the knife again? I swear its gone back to the knife patch days and almost never lands. I can't count how many times I have missed someone with 2-3 times with perfect shots. Then as I run behind him attempting to hit again, I suddenly die from his knife. While I'm behind him facing his back....

I've been slowly getting better. I can actually snipe fairly well now with the M24 with the 12x scope when I'm defending MCom's or capture points.

My new fav weapon so far is the AT mine. Oh god it's hilarious getting triple kills and having the enemy just curse you out for laying down so many. I duo with a friend that plays assault so you can imagine how many mines I throw out :D

@Biz

Sounds like you're just lagging. I haven't had any problems with knife as of yesterday. Got like 4 knife kills in a row because a squad was camping and I snuck up behind them :)

so a hacker stole my ea account any way to recover it? writing support an email requires me to login to the account and i can not recover the account because the email has been changed. FML

so a hacker stole my ea account any way to recover it? writing support an email requires me to login to the account and i can not recover the account because the email has been changed. FML

Yeah as long as you have your purchase history or key it should be fine.

Yea I refuse to use tanks as well, it's so lame when they just sit 1-2 spawns back shooting from tanks like pansies.

Although, I finally got the 40mmSG plat and started using smoke. That stuff is amazing. Its fun to shoot smoke in front of campers so they can't see anything. Also to camp an mcom building and smoke outside so they can't see you when they come in and you just tear them up.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm might be one of the reasons people resort to using tanks/rpgs to blast the objectives, don't ya think. Not knocking your strategy but just saying you making it near impossible to arm the objective force people to use whatever they can.

Yeah, on Arica I'm a tank whore against the objectives and on Valparasio (sp?) I'm an RPG whore. It works the majority of the time even on an average team.

I've been slowly getting better. I can actually snipe fairly well now with the M24 with the 12x scope when I'm defending MCom's or capture points.

My new fav weapon so far is the AT mine. Oh god it's hilarious getting triple kills and having the enemy just curse you out for laying down so many. I duo with a friend that plays assault so you can imagine how many mines I throw out :D

I think you can only lay six that stay there until you lay more. Each one you lay after that, the oldest one just disappears. I think this is true even if you die and try laying more.

That being said, I love laying them on Arica Rush in the clumps of grass at various spots and watching the points roll in later as careless tank drivers rush forward. On Laguna Presa Rush I lay them throughout the water on the second set of objectives where the nearly invisible. Good stuff!

I don't mind the tank attacks so much on a bigger game with an adequate team with engineers or mortars or whatever, but I prefer much smaller games like 2v2 or 3v3 and I cant believe the people that will jump in a tank any chance they get in a game that small.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm might be one of the reasons people resort to using tanks/rpgs to blast the objectives, don't ya think. Not knocking your strategy but just saying you making it near impossible to arm the objective force people to use whatever they can.

I'll never fault someone for using a valid tactic, the game was designed this way and that's how we'll play it, that's fine. All I'll say is; At least *try* to get in there and arm it first. If you try and you can't get it done and you're down to 25 tickets, fine, break out the CG or the C4 or the AT mines or whatever. If your whole team is sitting back sniping, I won't blame you if you rocket the objectives from afar. If you start out doing that though, I really have to wonder why you think so little of you and your team's abilities. What's more it isn't fun and will typically cause most of the defending team to Ragequit, which really messes up my plan of "I'll do it to you guys next" lol.

I think you can only lay six that stay there until you lay more. Each one you lay after that, the oldest one just disappears. I think this is true even if you die and try laying more.

Yeah, that's true. Something I wonder though; If I lay 6 mines with the ExpMk2 spec, then die and change kits and change that spec out to something else, do the mines still retain their improved damage?

Yeah, that's true. Something I wonder though; If I lay 6 mines with the ExpMk2 spec, then die and change kits and change that spec out to something else, do the mines still retain their improved damage?

That would be my guess. Its probably just a flag set on the mine object whether it was dropped with improved damage or not. I doubt it does another check after the mine has been triggered by someone later on in the match.

Whats with the assholes that get into squads by themselves and then lock them? Only hurts the team.

That would be a sniper trying not to let his team spawn on his back and give away his position. Rarely I do it when my teammates are complete idiots.

Whats with the assholes that get into squads by themselves and then lock them? Only hurts the team.

Alot of times the lock feature turns on automatically.

I often join and get auto put into my squads squad and the lock turns on by itself, I often forget to unlock it.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036238123 said:
Alot of times the lock feature turns on automatically.

I often join and get auto put into my squads squad and the lock turns on by itself, I often forget to unlock it.

same

You'd think after all this time people would learn to not stack snipers. a team with 6 snipers all camping in the same spot is complete overkill. I don't understand where people got the idea that you have to camp as a sniper. go behind enemy lines and be a sneaky lil sneaker

You'd think after all this time people would learn to not stack snipers. a team with 6 snipers all camping in the same spot is complete overkill. I don't understand where people got the idea that you have to camp as a sniper. go behind enemy lines and be a sneaky lil sneaker

I think this is because the more selfish players will be more prone to play the Recon class. I'm not saying that all snipers are selfish, but just the nature of the class attracts the lone wolf type.

When I play Recon I tend to attack a lot, and there is the rare occasion that I will be lazy and camp for half a round....but thats mostly to see how high of a marksman headshot I can get.....

I think this is because the more selfish players will be more prone to play the Recon class. I'm not saying that all snipers are selfish, but just the nature of the class attracts the lone wolf type.

+1. If there's one thing that bugs me about the 'sniper' class in any game it's that it attracts all the 'imma win solo' players and their fantasies about taking out people from a distance just like in the movies. It's a fascination with the romantic idea of the sniper, the lone-wolf type mentioned above.

Me, sure I think the idea is fun, but there's so many friggen people who do it I find myself just wanting to play different classes. I'm just glad the game is designed so that other classes can succeed too (unlike CS where the awp-whores dominate).

For example I can score #1 usually just running around reviving people as a medic and shooting the random opponent, especially if there's only a couple of us.

56oZK.jpg

A really good sniper can make a difference... the problem is most of those snipers aren't making a difference and are just getting random kills.

If I'm ever sitting back as a sniper, I focus on a.) killing other snipers before they kill my teammtes trying to plant on MCOM's... b.) Getting an angle so I can kill the guys trying to defuse mcom's / or plant. and c.) Also dropping mortars on tanks and MCOM's when they get taken/defending.

Otherwise I go shotgun/slugs and run around killin people. There was one time I had a perfect spot lined up with an Mcom and nobody noticed me, got 4 headshots in a row with the NS2000 on the MCOM... they had 4 guys running around trying to defuse it and I got lucky and killed all 4 of them and we ended up getting it with like 2-3 tickets left and moved onto the next section.

what I DO like about BC2 is that sometimes there are just as many medics as snipers....and have you SEEN a squad of medics?? LOL it's like whack-a-mole they just keep popping back up!

lol good one!

I wonder if we'll hit 9,000 posts so we can bust out all the "it's over 9,000" jokes.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036243096 said:
oh ya, forgot about that... when is it released again?

Q4 2010, just in time for Christmas :D I really wish this game were a little more mod friendly. I would love to play with the physics engine in a forge type environment.

I see a lot of bashing of the sniper class, and I will agree, the class is over used and should be limited to 2 per team of 12. But I do need to defend why I play as the sniper from time to time. One of the main reasons I fall back and play sniper is due to my Arthritis in my wrists. I can only play Eng/Med/Assault for so long before the intense action sends shooting pains in my wrist joint and fingers. Since being diagnosed 3-4 years ago, I've not been able to do much gaming... a favorite pastime of mine to whine down after a long day. But thanks to BF games, and the sniper/recon class, I've been able to find a way to still have my fix for gaming.... So due to my situation, I play a much slower paced roll as a sniper (I'm sorry that it pisses so many off). I've been bitched at and kicked from servers due to my "camping" ... but wtf can I do. I want to play too. In playing as a sniper, i guess it is a "lone-wolf" type role, but I pride my sniping not on the kills I get, but of spotting enemies and laying mortars to help my teammates. Many people never know when their ass was just saved by a sniper and those are the kills I get enjoyment from.

So in short... don't be so quick to bash an old guy (35) playing as a sniper. Now... get off my lawn you damn kids! haha

I think saving/kill stealing is the most enjoyable part when I'm sniping, I never bother to counter snipe since I rarely find accurate and effective snipers on the other team.

Back