Bad Company 2 SLOW LOADS

Win 7 X64
I7 920 @ 4.0Ghz
6GB DDR 3 1600
2 300GB Raptors in Raid 0
HD5870 ATI 10.3a driver

I had a 8800GTX and just upgraded to a HD5870. Before the upgrade I was always first or second that loaded in the map. Now all the tanks and cars are gone when I enter the game. Sucks.

Win 7 Ultimate X64
C2D E8500 Stock
2x2GB DDR2 1000
VR 300GB
HD 4870 512 Cat 9.12's

Takes 2-3 minutes to load a multiplayer map on average. If I'm playing rush by the time I load my game there are usually people near one or both the MCOM stations.

I have had FRAPS on lately monitoring this
As soon as the game ends it hangs out at like 170-190FPS
then it just tanks to 4 and hangs there and you eventually load in.
Pretty annoying thats for sure

Edit: I'm curious, has anyone with a DX11 system timed DX10 and DX11 separately?

Take a look at my post earlier in this thread. DX11 loads faster for me than DX10 by a fair amount.

Phenom II X2 550
4gb DDR3 RAM 1333
Radeon 5770
Asus 790x
2 WD VR's in RAID0
Insight Cable 20mb service

Cat 10.2's and 10.3a

It loads very slow. In fact, this weeked there was one point where I was a defender and the attackers were already at an M-COM before I could even join the game. That is rediculous!

I built a system for my friends kid that has an X2 250 and 8800GS and he is ALWAYS in the map before me.

CRAZY!

While I can't get into specifics, this looks to be a DX11 issue rather than a GPU issue.

Yeah is it an API issue or just something related to the ATI drivers ?
Would hate to wait for MS to address this problem :( .

Hah! Atleast I know it's not just me now lol.

I always wondered why by the time I loaded sometimes one of the stations was already destroyed and the other under attack.

Damm AMD. I must admit it was a nice speed upgrade from my 8800gt but damm, I miss the nvidia drivers. I never used to have these problems, or had to use a 3rd party program to force vsync.

HIS 5850 Cat 10.3a
Intel Q9550
Abit IP35-E
4GB DDR2
Windows 7 Pro

If it's a DX11 issue, then why do most people who seem to be reporting the issue here, have ATI cards? Please excuse me if I'm missing something here. :/

If it's a DX11 issue, then why do most people who seem to be reporting the issue here, have ATI cards? Please excuse me if I'm missing something here. :/

Could be because Nvidia has not released a DX11 card yet..... ;)

Don't see how this can be just a dx11 issue seeing as 5xxx and 4xxx series cards running the dx10 renderer are having slow load times too.

Core i7 920 at 3.06
6 GB DDR3
Asus P6T Mobo
4870 with 10.2 drivers
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Raid 0 74 gb raptors for boot drive

i am usually one of the last ones in - i just thought i had bad ping times but come to find out it looks like im not alone.

To those of you forcing dx9 do you see the graphics change much? is it much worse?

Staionary .50 cal I can't see out of it with Dx9. Unusable
i920-5870-7Ultimate-64

I load slow as Fk also..Whatever Dx I use

Excuse my ignorance but how are you switching DX modes? Switch added to the end of the shortcut?

I am sorry I said anything. Simply trying to share some insight. Please do not read more into my comments than what I said.

Flickering water (sometimes toggling Vsync or other setting will make it stop for a bit)
Artifacts
Slow slow load times. 50-80 secs between maps

Win7
4gb DDR1066
4.1ghz Q9550
Velociraptor's in Raid 0
4870 X2

I am going to be some pissed off if they say this is a DX11 thing. I have a 4870 X2, no DX11 support, running DX10. Along with the thousands of others running non DX11 cards having this issue. A 4870 X2 sure as hell should load faster than a GTX260 (both on dx10, systems almost identical, same hdd setup mem etc). Yet he loads a full minute before me.

I am very close to picking up a slower Nvidia card just so I can be more competitive in BC2, F'ing sad.

Flickering water (sometimes toggling Vsync or other setting will make it stop for a bit)
Artifacts
Slow slow load times. 50-80 secs between maps

Win7
4gb DDR1066
4.1ghz Q9550
Velociraptor's in Raid 0
4870 X2

I am going to be some pissed off if they say this is a DX11 thing. I have a 4870 X2, no DX11 support, running DX10. Along with the thousands of others running non DX11 cards having this issue. A 4870 X2 sure as hell should load faster than a GTX260 (both on dx10, systems almost identical, same hdd setup mem etc). Yet he loads a full minute before me.

I am very close to picking up a slower Nvidia card just so I can be more competitive in BC2, F'ing sad.

ideally, video cards should not have anything to do with load times

Excuse my ignorance but how are you switching DX modes? Switch added to the end of the shortcut?

In your documents you will see BFBC2 folder. In there you will see a settings.ini

Mine looks like this

[WindowSettings]
Width=1920
Height=1200
Fullscreen=true
RefreshRate=60
VSync=false
[Sound]
Quality=high
VoipEnable=true
SpeakerCount=2
[Graphics]
Effects=low
Soldiers=low
Vehicles=low
Overgrowth=low
Undergrowth=low
StaticObjects=low
Terrain=low
Shadows=low
Bloom=false
HSAO=false
MSAA=0
Water=low
MainQuality=custom
Texture=low
DxVersion=9
Aniso=0
Detail=low
RenderAheadLimit=0
Fov=80

You can change the 9 to a 10 or 11

Save Then go into the game

Don't see how this can be just a dx11 issue seeing as 5xxx and 4xxx series cards running the dx10 renderer are having slow load times too.

Aye, my 4850, q6600 - 3.3 ghz, 4gb ram, win7 x64 is experiencing the problem and cant even run dx11 :/

50second load times, its horrible - runs great when you finally get there.

Trying to read between the line in regards to Kyle's post, I'm thinking that he's having the slow load issue while testing the new GTX 480/470 in DX11. That means we'll be waiting for Dice to patch this issue.

Trying to read between the line in regards to Kyle's post, I'm thinking that he's having the slow load issue while testing the new GTX 480/470 in DX11. That means we'll be waiting for Dice to patch this issue.

Which would be odd, as people with 4800s are having the issue too, and they're not DX11.

Also seems to me that it's not directly a W7 issue, as loads of people don't have the issue with Nvidia cards on W7.

Slow loads (30+ seconds)

AMD Phenom II BE 550 3.1GHz Dual Core
4 GB DDR2
MSI Motherboard with nVidia southbridge
WD 7200 RPM SATA HD
ATI 4850 1024MB VRAM
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
ATI Catalyst 10.2 Drivers

Actually when I RMA'd my first XFX 5870, I was back on my GTX 280 for a while, and when my new card came back it did seem as if load times were taking longer. I thought it was just me though. Glad to know it wasn't. I'll do some testing tonight. Put my old card back in and time it.

Basically the loading in the game seems to take forever most of the time. Longer than it should anyway.

Driver: 10.2 Official
Card: XFX 5870 (Factory OC'd 875)

In game:

DX level = 11
All setting set to "high"
HASO = false
Bloom = false (Can't see when driving a tank with it on lol)
AA = x4
AF = x16

Specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe
12 gigs of Corsair @ 1333
Intel Core I7 940, 2.93 GHz
XFX 5870
Corsair 1000 Watt PSU
Single boot drive WD Blue
Two Storage drives, WD black

Last edited:
Here ~20 secs average to load a map.

I have;
Core i7 920 @ Stock for now.
4830 512mb
3ware 9690SA with 4x15k SAS drive.

XFX 4890
Phenom II 940 @ 3.75
4GB DDR2 800
Corsair x64 SSD
W7 x64
10.2 ATI CCC

Load time: 30.87s
Game settings:

I have this problem in DX10, very slow loads, the team is at the first objective before I get in the game. Its not a DX11 problem as I dont even run a DX11 capable card. DX9 is fine, in DX9 I'm usually one of the first 3 or 4 people in the game. Just as another issue though, DX10 has FAR worse performance than DX9, DX9 is around 80fps, DX10 is around 50fps with the same settings. The main problem with DX9 is the texture flickering issues.

Rig:
i5 750
4870 512mb
4gb G.Skill Ripjaws
P55A-UD3
WD Caviar Black 1TB

Win 7 64 bit
Driver/Catalyst version: 10.2

Thought i would post my experience with this crap as well.

Sys specs
core 2 duo @ 3.5ghz
4gigs of ram @ 1ghz
rampage forumla mobo
sblive xfi platinum
2x intel ssd g2 (non RAID) 1x for OS 1x for games
win7 x64 ult

I originally had a gts250 that ran pretty good 2xAA/16xAF all on high except hbao and vsync @ 1920x1080 - did not experience the issue load times were very fast and i was always one of the first in the map (usually the very first)

Upgraded to the 5850 and now run 4xAA/16xAF all on high except hbao and vsync and disabled bloom, and now it takes forever to load maps, using 10.2 or 10.3 drivers makes no diffrence.

Could be a dx11 issue but we won't really know until someone gets their hands on fermi.

I'm experiencing this. Specs in sig, running on High settings for the most part. Sometimes 60 second load times. :(

I get in just after the tanks have left, then i realise i'm running it on an Intel SSD and going to DX9 i'm driving the tank away before anyone else even spawns. So definetly a large delay on DX11 compile as opposed to DX9 , DX11 does look alot better than DX9.

I actually emailed the [H] guy in the 10.3a article forum thread, but now realise that there is a proper forum thread for this.

Here is what I emailed:

I did some quick benchmarking on my computer with different DxVersion
settings and recorded the load time.

DX11 = 50 secs
DX10 = 57 secs
DX9 = 35 secs

I measured from clicking the server browser "join" button and stopped
when the class selection menu had finished fading in. I used the same
server and map each time, and I was the only person on that server.

To change DxVersion edit the file in Documents\BFBC2\settings.ini. You
can set it to DxVersion=auto, =9, =10, =11

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.2GHz 4th core unlocked
XFX Black Edition ATI Radeon HD 5850 @ XFX OCd settings
2x2GB DDR3 CAS 7 G.Skill Ripjaw @ 8-7-7 timings (bug with mobo)
Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H mobo
Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB HDD
Windows 7 Professional x64

I also get the attached error message whenever I start BFBC2 (as well
as Crysis, Dirt 2, and a few others). Clicking on "don't ask again"
only works until you reboot at which point it comes back.

AMD say its MS fault, MS say it's EA/Crytek/DICE/Codemaster's fault so
I don't know how to fix it without disabling aero. Have seen reports
of NVIDIA cards having same issue too, but my flat mate's 8800GTX SLI
rig never gets it on the same games in Win7 x64.

That error message should really have a bit of code:
If Manufacturer == "Intel" Goto FAIL as only crappy integrated GFX
would be too slow to run aero!

I might create a separate thread for the aero error message issue and see if I get some love...

But the real question here is for DICE:

Why are the shaders recompiled every time you load a level?!?

DirectX has a nifty feature where you can actually save compiled shaders to a cache file and use them without recompilng. Hence the first time you load a BCBF2 level it would take 50secs, then afterwards only 10secs as it just reads what it has from disk.

In fact most AAA games even come with precompiled shaders for popular hardware at launch! Just look for a folder called "shader cache" or something like that.

I wonder if the slow load time affects other DX11 games like AvP, Dirt 2, Unigine Heaven? (Or maybe they all use a shader cache...)

Other interesting note is that DX11 loads faster than DX10 too... so hopeully they will fix DX10 when they fix DX11.

Anyways lets hope this gets fixed soon as the slow/ugly/inefficient menu UI design plus the stupid server browser (why cant I see servers as they are downloaded like every other game in the last century), this long load time, plus all the flickering, AA turret bug, XP bugs, M1 grand bug, single player bugs is unacceptable. For goodness sake they had a BETA to pick this stuff up...

At least the core game play is still good (unlike C&C4....). Lets hope 1943 won't have so many issues.

Back