Bad Company 2 / GF100 Release in March Coincidental?

Or is it a TWIMTBP Title? :mad:

BC2 has been using ATI for implimenting dx11 for one reason... Ati has dx11 cards readily avalible. The lack of next gen parts by Nvidia means that the launch is coincidental as Nvidia was aiming for a November launch date for their new cards. So the answer is no. I am also a little worried about Nvidia as I think they might even miss the March launch date.

coincidental

while it's probably certain Fermi will be released in March, Nvidia has not given a firm release date

It's coincidental. There's a stronger link between GF100 and Metro 2033 - a TWIMTBP title that supposedly takes advantage of GF100's better PhysX capabilities.

How has the beta treated the various IHV's though? I haven't heard about any glaring bugs or performance issues from either side.

If it came out in February, would you ask if Bioshock 2 and fermi being released was a coincidence? It's not. There is on average one decent game per month that people are looking forward to, so there will always be a game for a video card release to coincide with.

If it came out in February, would you ask if Bioshock 2 and fermi being released was a coincidence? It's not. There is on average one decent game per month that people are looking forward to, so there will always be a game for a video card release to coincide with.

No, because a lot more people are anticipating bad company 2 as opposed to Bioshock 2. I figured Nvidia would be all over this title, and ruin AA for me when using the 5870 just like in Batman. Not cool. :cool: I also think I remember the nvidia logo appearing in the orginal bf2 / bf2 special forces game...not sure though, it's been a loooooooooong time since I played bf2.

No, because a lot more people are anticipating bad company 2 as opposed to Bioshock 2. I figured Nvidia would be all over this title, and ruin AA for me when using the 5870 just like in Batman. Not cool. :cool: I also think I remember the nvidia logo appearing in the orginal bf2 / bf2 special forces game...not sure though, it's been a loooooooooong time since I played bf2.

And how would it ruin AA for you?

It would not ruin it at all, because DICE are decent people who won't be bought out by a bunch of scumbags looking to ruin the appearance of the only other competitor in the business. God bless DICE.

(Although it would be nice if EA let them patch up the beta with the latest optimizations etc - should be close to gold by now. Any performance issues are from poor hardware or systems that badly need to be reformatted, quadcores double the performance of dualcores - in current beta.)

How has the beta treated the various IHV's though? I haven't heard about any glaring bugs or performance issues from either side.

The only real difference between the two vendors is that ATI users who use DirectX 10 have a long(20-30 seconds) wait time while the map loads. Nvidia users(in either rendering path) usually load up much quicker. ATI users can work around this by forcing DirectX 9.

The Pacific is coming out in March. Maybe that is coincidental. :p

I think the unban of PS3 is coincidental.:p

anyway, there is no coincident between GF100 release and BC2 at all..

I am not so sure why PS3 have been unban and still not aware of trolls policy on this forum..

Gotta admit, This is a typical PS3 troll thread.

BC2 uses Havok and DX11

Niether of which Nvidia currently supports.

I think the unban of PS3 is coincidental.:p

I was thinking it was coincidental that PS3 came back the very day ShuttleLuv disappeared. It's like there's a troll equilibrium similar to protons disappearing. If you remove a troll, another will instantaneously appear it it's place somewhere in the universe. We almost went a day without a flamebait thread :).

Gotta admit, This is a typical PS3 troll thread.

BC2 uses Havok and DX11

Niether of which Nvidia currently supports.

That is why I am asking a question. I did not know this. I was going to preorder this game but needed to be sure. If I drop 50 on a game I want to be able to apply AA in game. How many unsuspecting people bought the Batman Arkham game only to find out it was a twimtbp title that only supported AA with nvidia cards....not :cool:

I was thinking it was coincidental that PS3 came back the very day ShuttleLuv disappeared. It's like there's a troll equilibrium similar to protons disappearing. If you remove a troll, another will instantaneously appear it it's place somewhere in the universe. We almost went a day without a flamebait thread :).

Not true, I was unbanned early for good behavior.

That is why I am asking a question. I did not know this. I was going to preorder this game but needed to be sure. If I drop 50 on a game I want to be able to apply AA in game. How many unsuspecting people bought the Batman Arkham game only to find out it was a twimtbp title that only supported AA with nvidia cards....not :cool:

True.

Maybe I will take my Troll comment back a bit....but yea I just think it was worded badly (the title thread).

Either way BC2 uses 8xAA and HBOA (wtf is this anyone?)

Also believe the stronger link may be Metro. If one looks at the data from the event at the CES show in Las Vegas, there was a lot of talk of the "Supersonic Sled" demo and evangelizing DirectX 11, PhysX, and GeForce 3d Vision. Metro fits this DirectX 11, PhysX and GeForce 3d vision mold.......and may be the showcase title for the GF-100 but all conjecture obviously. Bad company does seem to have some support for 3d stereo though.

Well it's still interesting to guess what game nvidia will bundle with their higher end cards.

I must admit, getting a bad company 2 bundle would be awesome, and more desirable than Dirt 2. I just hope in the final release there isn't issues with ATI cards because I want to enjoy this game. If there are issues I will never buy EA again, I hope EA gets this message.

I must admit, getting a bad company 2 bundle would be awesome, and more desirable than Dirt 2. I just hope in the final release there isn't issues with ATI cards because I want to enjoy this game. If there are issues I will never buy EA again, I hope EA gets this message.

Oh PS3 I missed you.

Back