Bad Company 2 Beta - thoughts, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about class loadouts. For the weapons available to all classes (tommy gun and shotguns); do those take the place of your pistol or do they replace your primary gun? What about Specializations; do you only get one spec to choose from, do you get one class specific spec and one general spec, or multiple specs you can pick from your class specific or general specs?

1 spec for each class is how I saw it. Gun classes determine what they replace. Pistols replace pistols unless you unlock something that is classified as a secondary weapon.

After the b&n bs I am still in for a pre order at gamestop.
Wish they would let us stop by a day early on them.
I am not getting up at midnight and getting mine...Matter of fact I asked about picking it up on the way to work tomorrow.
Well we will be open at midnight but as soon as the crowd dies down we are closing again.
So no 6:15am pickup.

on beta was this pre order gun in game? If so did anyone use it?

What time does the game unlock Pacific time on Steam?
Go to the Steam store page for the game. It will say precisely for your region. Last time I checked its 6PM EST or 3PM PST tomorrow for the USA steam release.

Unless things have changed the past few hours, there isn't a pre-load either for Steam. You will be downloading the second it becomes available and won't be playing for a few hours later.:(

There was a post from an official DICE employee yesterday saying they were having trouble getting it packaged for steam's service for preload, but no update since. On the other hand, they never officially stated there would be a preload.

The servers are going to be bogged down for a while. Oh well.

Is there a "single-player" option like in BF2/2142? I mean, in addition to the main SP story, can you play "SP" in the MP maps with bots?

I just got home with the game !!! I'm installing now i got the pc verison

what changes did they do with the beta i played the beta for the first few days only. graphics were junk no prone. dunno what else there was but did they fix alot of the issues and change some stuff?

what changes did they do with the beta i played the beta for the first few days only. graphics were junk no prone. dunno what else there was but did they fix alot of the issues and change some stuff?

Yeah, they fixed a bunch of issues and changed quite a few stuffs.

Got my copy late on monday and Holy crap batman.

So I played the opening action scene before heading to bed (Well this is the last thing I do before so) and W.O.W. For one the game looks very nice atleast so far. I am looking forward to play it tomorrow after I get home from work.

One thing was that it makes my 9800GTX cry for mercy. At its lowest clocks I keep it at for ''decent'' temps it made it stay 78C constant. Performance was not as bad as I was expecting. Everything max on 1920x1200 with 2xAA/16AF with HBAO (Sorry if Its not the actual wording but I am sure its close) it kept giving me 31 fps average. Lowest constant dipping was 28~ and lowest in general was 18-20 when the bombing happends on the air strip. Still nothing hits the card like that but Crysis but then again Crysis is not ran at max (High 2xAA). Still pretty decent and I know multi wise I am gonna have to lower settings to have decent fps. One thing that me and my cousin said was damm how awesome does it look on DX11.

Still like I said looking forward to playing it more tomorrow.

No prone is by design, don't expect it becuase it's not going to happen. They've added better textures, but from what I've read it's just slightly better (atleast for the MP). It's got a better HBAO filter that doesn't use as many resources supposedly also and they've also supposedly added a POV slider.

no prone and they call it balance?
WTF does that mean?

well if they didn't want to follow AA and make it so that you can't prone stand in 1 second that would be easy to fix. But I guess taking it out is cheaper then any work they might do.

HOW ABOUT TAKING OUT BUNNY HOPPING that is the worst thing to ever happen to online gaming.

WTF does that mean?

well if they didn't want to follow AA and make it so that you can't prone stand in 1 second that would be easy to fix. But I guess taking it out is cheaper then any work they might do.

HOW ABOUT TAKING OUT BUNNY HOPPING that is the worst thing to ever happen to online gaming.

I don't feel like bunny hoping was a problem in this game at all. You can't fire while in the air.

Also the benefit of prone is that it really speeds up the pace of the game and prevents camping, because you are always going to be fairly exposed.

I don't feel like bunny hoping was a problem in this game at all. You can't fire while in the air.

Also the benefit of prone is that it really speeds up the pace of the game and prevents camping, because you are always going to be fairly exposed.

yeah this game is about action, not looking for the idiot who is prone in the bushes

Hurry up UPS! :(

For anyone who's played online so far, how are some of the other maps? Suppose it'll be a while before a single map stands out (like Karkhand...).

Anyone with a 4850 and core 2 duo at 2.0ghz ( I could clock the 6320 up to 3.0ghz and beyond if needed) and 2gb of memory able to report some performance?

I'm hoping i dont need to upgrade anything to not being driven nuts while trying to frag with this online...

haha

WTF does that mean?

These people made a conscious design decision and have already explained it. It's their game and they dont just take prone out just because they want to fuck you over.

Anyone with a 4850 and core 2 duo at 2.0ghz ( I could clock the 6320 up to 3.0ghz and beyond if needed) and 2gb of memory able to report some performance?

I'm hoping i dont need to upgrade anything to not being driven nuts while trying to frag with this online...

haha
My question is how is my GeForce 9500M going to stand up? My guess is not at all... hence why I will not be purchasing the game.. that and no demo to see how it will run on my system.

woot, so glad I canceled my steam pre-order. Ordered off d2d last night before I went to bed, woke up this morning and the download was done and waiting for the cd key to install.

1.5hours till d2d gives out the cd keys! lol

woot, so glad I canceled my steam pre-order. Ordered off d2d last night before I went to bed, woke up this morning and the download was done and waiting for the cd key to install.

lol.. walked into best buy and just grabbed a copy.. Bastards at gamestop didnt have my reserved copy yet...

Installing now..

Meh, I prefer the consolidation of Steam. Additionally, looking at downloading at 2MB/s minimum where I am. :)

Last edited:

D2D keys are already up, been up for a bit, at least for me it is.

Meh, I prefer the consolidation of Steam. Additionally, looking at downloading at 2MB/s minimum where I am. :)

I can just add the game to my steam list anyways, no big difference. not like the game is gonna make use of steams friends list or anything.

3 more hours for me since that is when UPS usually comes.

Going to take forever to download this tonight.
My guess is that steam is going to get hammered beyond use.
Its too bad i couldent just leave my steam on at home and have it automatically start downloading.
Anyone know if they added such a automatic download feature in the new beta client?

BTW just noticed this is the 2000'th post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back